KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Joker vs Batman - The Scales Aren't Equal

Joker vs Batman - The Scales Aren't Equal
Started by: NoFate007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NoFate007

Joker vs Batman - The Scales Aren't Equal

I was unable to sleep last night, and for some reason I ended up thinking about this...

Joker vs Batman. We've seen it a bunch of times. Joker always gets a few hits on Batman but he's obviously not his physical equal. But think about it...Batman, almost always, BARELY is able to stop Joker's plans. Then he precedes to just pummel Joker and lock him up.

Joker is smarter than Batman. If it wasn't for Batman's physical prowess, he'd lose. They're equals in the sense that they're a balance of good and evil, and that they're rivals, and even that their sanity scales are balanced (Batman is mostly sane, but a little insane obviously. Joker is mostly insane, but obviously sane enough to be a genius.) The only thing that separates Batman from Joker in their fights is his strength.

People always say stuff like "How could Joker ever take down *insert any hero with a superpower* if he has no superpowers to fight back with? He can't even take down Batman who is just a normal man." - Joker proves himself time and time again to be a total genius when it comes to his crimes. Granted some things are PIS but you know, that's always a factor once in a while.

Essentially, I'm thinking...Joker is actually better than Batman. The only two things that are stopping Joker from killing Bruce for good is the fact that Joker isn't as physically strong as Batman, and Joker doesn't want to end the game that they play.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2006 02:11 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etrigan
?

That is very true. But think about it.

Batman is just about a genius too, and has thwarted Joker's plans through chemistry and technology as well. Though almost every time, Joker nearly kills Batman.

Your speech is excellent, BTW.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2006 07:45 AM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Thanks.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2006 02:52 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrHeavySilence

Joker is a genius, but I wouldn't say he is "smarter" than Batman. Let's say that they have a role reversal. Bruce's brain is in Joker's body and vice versa. Joker has everything Batman has: the weapons, the armor, the vehicles, the physiology. But Batman is such a genius that, if it was HIM that planned some sharp, convoluted plan, he'd immediately kill Joker. The reason Joker almost kills Batman so much is his spontaneity. He's got the craziest genius spontaneity ever. Still, rest assured, if Batman ever turned evil, he'd be even deadlier.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 01:08 AM
MrHeavySilence is currently offline Click here to Send MrHeavySilence a Private Message Find more posts by MrHeavySilence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr.Fate
Aztek's only Fanboy

I think they need to revamp some of Bats old villians most them are just crazy guys with chemistry and electronic sets (Joker,Riddler,Madhatter,Cluemaster,Scarecrow)

here's an idea, Batman and Joker are fighting in a experimental goverment lab. Joker was trying to steal somesort of chmeical to improve his joker gas. Batman pimp smacks the hell out of Joker and he falls in a vat of chemicals. (sounds firmiliar) Joker comes out days later but feels different. His senses are enchanced he can hear and smell better then before and he finds he can shape shift.

now we have a Joker that could if he tired discover Batmans indentity from his scent but could really screw with him, coming back as long dead enemies and friends. plus he would be a bigger threat to some of the more superpowered heroes

Aztek's Feats. Stealing Kyle Rayner's Ring right off his hand. and stopping a mugging by giving the muggers his lunch money! Beat that!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 06:17 AM
Dr.Fate is currently offline Click here to Send Dr.Fate a Private Message Find more posts by Dr.Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Shape shifting is covered with Clayface though already. But I do think that maybe they should slightly upgrade some of them just a tad. Nothing extreme, just something to give them a little more of a kick. I'm waaaaay too tired (just woke up) to think of any of them yet but I'll see if I can come up with a few ideas later on today.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 03:46 PM
Kovacs86

I do not believe Joker should change, he has always been, and always will be, Batman's greatest foe and having super- Joker (unless it';s a temp or an Elseworlds) would SUCK COCK!

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 04:37 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Joker they shouldn't change, but it'd be cool if they updated someone like The Gentleman's Ghost or Killer Croc or something.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 04:46 PM
Kovacs86

LOL, i'd like to see Gentleman's Ghost return... hey is anyone on:

http://www.fanfiction. net/

I started a cool Scarecrow origin to fit i with BB on that!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 04:54 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

well, there was some speculation that Joker isn't insane. He's supersane which is why he regained all sanity in a book where everyone lost superpowers and why he seems to recall non-canon events from past earths and from marvel crossovers that he shouldn't remember at all.
In a sense, it's possible that he's some kind of transdemensional omnipath like Gamesmaster from marvel and needs to do horrific things to keep himself occupied and not going completely catatonic.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2006 09:17 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

That's awesome that you know that term "super sanity" too. I love that lol.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2006 02:58 PM
Kovacs86

Woah, that sounds bad ass!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2006 03:45 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Joker vs Batman - The Scales Aren't Equal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NoFate007
I was unable to sleep last night, and for some reason I ended up thinking about this...

Joker vs Batman. We've seen it a bunch of times. Joker always gets a few hits on Batman but he's obviously not his physical equal. But think about it...Batman, almost always, BARELY is able to stop Joker's plans. Then he precedes to just pummel Joker and lock him up.

Joker is smarter than Batman. If it wasn't for Batman's physical prowess, he'd lose. They're equals in the sense that they're a balance of good and evil, and that they're rivals, and even that their sanity scales are balanced (Batman is mostly sane, but a little insane obviously. Joker is mostly insane, but obviously sane enough to be a genius.) The only thing that separates Batman from Joker in their fights is his strength.

People always say stuff like "How could Joker ever take down *insert any hero with a superpower* if he has no superpowers to fight back with? He can't even take down Batman who is just a normal man." - Joker proves himself time and time again to be a total genius when it comes to his crimes. Granted some things are PIS but you know, that's always a factor once in a while.

Essentially, I'm thinking...Joker is actually better than Batman. The only two things that are stopping Joker from killing Bruce for good is the fact that Joker isn't as physically strong as Batman, and Joker doesn't want to end the game that they play.

The Joker just like any other mastermind criminal gets underrated. People have this very silly arguement that because a villain has NO superpowers he/she can't be deadly. It's utter nonsense and rather weak to discredit a villain just because he lacks super powers. The Joker just like Lex Luthor prove that superpowers mean NOTHING when facing a brilliant mastermind villain.

Case in point? Go back and read Hush....remenber when Poison Ivy took control over Superman? that's right! It can happen...and Ivy is not as brilliant as The Joker.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 11:12 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Hear hear! Changing Joker would be like revealing Lex Luthor is in fact superman's Kryptonian brother just to get 1 fight...

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 08:04 AM
NoFate007

That's why I say they should just change some of the lesser known ones that never put up a fight. Give an upgrade to Lock Up or something lol

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 04:58 PM
Kovacs86

Hmmm... if this was the campy 50s, Mxyzptlk or Bat Mite could bring Scarfacee to life...

Old Post Apr 30th, 2006 07:15 AM
NoFate007

Yeah, now they'll just make Superboy Prime do it haha.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2006 01:45 PM
Tallis
Angel In Hell

they really should make Bane a lot stronger. I mean he is strong bt when compared to others such as, wonder woman or superman, or about half the DC roster he pretty much sucks.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2006 03:15 PM
Tallis is currently offline Click here to Send Tallis a Private Message Find more posts by Tallis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Yeah. He's like barely stronger than Killer Croc, who can get beaten up by Robin lol.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2006 04:21 PM
Kovacs86

Yeah, well, actually Bane is stronger tha Bats I think... but not as skilled. He is stronger than Croc!!!b And of course he's weak compread to Wonder Woman, Batman's pathetic compared to hert also!

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 06:57 PM