KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Characters with Tragic Childhood Beginings.

Characters with Tragic Childhood Beginings.
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Characters with Tragic Beginings.

Aside from the usual characters like Batman, Robin, Catwoman, Scarecrow...

...could you name others?

I'll start...Killer Crock. His mother died when he was born and his father drop him off in an orphanage.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 08:43 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Punisher had his childhood friend commit suicide cuz one of the mafia boss's son got her pregnant when he was 10. He then saw her marine brother set him on fire in a cemetary.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 08:52 PM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lorddreamer

hush. Well, I dunno if his case is tragic, being that he caused it ... but there are tragic elements (basing that off of real tragedy, like in litterature)

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 03:42 AM
lorddreamer is currently offline Click here to Send lorddreamer a Private Message Find more posts by lorddreamer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

Are we just talking DC characters or anyone?

Aresnal's dad died in a fire when he was like 3, than he ended up on smack when he was like 15.

Gambit was abandened by his mother at birth, and had to live on the streets most of his childhoold.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 06:18 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Baby Doll....she's still in it! Ha.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 08:58 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Um... Spider-man.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:43 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wuTa
Are we just talking DC characters or anyone?

Aresnal's dad died in a fire when he was like 3, than he ended up on smack when he was like 15.

Gambit was abandened by his mother at birth, and had to live on the streets most of his childhoold.

Let's see....yes...characters from the Batman franchise.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 04:26 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SilverSloth

Zsasz's aprent both died in a baoting accident, and he lost all his money to the Penguin.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 07:49 AM
SilverSloth is currently offline Click here to Send SilverSloth a Private Message Find more posts by SilverSloth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Dick Grayson's parents were murdered by Zucco... Jason Todd's dad was murdered and his stepmother (who he believed was his mum) ended up dying of something or other...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 08:40 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Let's see....yes...characters from the Batman franchise.

good to see THAT cleared up.This IS the Batman section. laughing

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 06:09 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cmack

superman whole race was destroyed, that is tragic

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 12:36 AM
cmack is currently offline Click here to Send cmack a Private Message Find more posts by cmack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Tim Drake's mom was murdered... His dad was murdered... And his stepmom was admitted into an insane asylum...

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 12:39 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

There was a great story in one of the Batman anthologies about the Joker. It started off explaining how his father was abusive and how the other kids picked on him because his father was in and out of the looney bin.

By the end of the story, we've seen "Junior" (as he was called in the story) has a crazy, abusive father; a mother that dotes on him; an obsession with mutilating dead animals and playing with their bones AND he's committed his first murder. (a neighborhood kid who idolizes "Junior" and ends up finding his "secret hiding place", where Junior keeps his dead animals.)

I wouldn't call it a tragic childhood, as far as loss goes, but it's pretty tragic in that it shows us the Joker had no real choice in what he would eventually become.

I don't think this story (or any other in the book) are considered canon, but does anything really count as canon in an on-going story that's being told over 70 years?

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 08:24 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
I don't think this story (or any other in the book) are considered canon, but does anything really count as canon in an on-going story that's being told over 70 years?

Certainly! The DCU is compose of mutiple Universes. All stories that take place in an Elseworld would be consider a separate (sp?) unique universe from what we consider cannon (i.e. Earth One or New Earth) It is consider as a different reality. Canon isn't as important as before. Certain comic book fans (such as myself) are more interested on the posibilities that happen in other universes with the characters we love.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 03:10 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by cmack
superman whole race was destroyed, that is tragic

true.good point.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 11:46 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Certainly! The DCU is compose of mutiple Universes. All stories that take place in an Elseworld would be consider a separate (sp?) unique universe from what we consider cannon (i.e. Earth One or New Earth) It is consider as a different reality. Canon isn't as important as before. Certain comic book fans (such as myself) are more interested on the posibilities that happen in other universes with the characters we love.

Ah, well, I was really just addressing the Batman Universe. I know it's a part of the DC universe, but I've never read any other DC titles.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 08:43 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pure Passioné
..::Fallen angel::..

The HUNTRESS

Helena Rosa Bertinelli, she was kidnapped and raped at 6 years old. Then sent to a boarding school in europe. When Helena was at a family wedding when her entire family was massacred by another Mafia family.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 10:37 PM
Pure Passioné is currently offline Click here to Send Pure Passioné a Private Message Find more posts by Pure Passioné Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote