KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Robin sucks and should take a walk

Robin sucks and should take a walk
Started by: Locard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Locard
barely speaking english

Robin sucks and should take a walk

I love Batman.

I hate Robin.

I've always hated Robin in all his incarnations. I hate the very concept of Robin. I find the very concept of important heroes having teenage sidekicks extremely stupid and unnecesary.

Robin's presence DAMAGES the very concept of Batman.
When Batman's alone, he's the grim vigilante, the dark night that comes from the shadows like a night demon and strike fear in the hearts of the criminals. He's a real vigilante, focused on crime-fighting, being much more rude and reckless.

But when Robin's around, Batman is just an old man slinging on a rope.
The sight of the old man and the teenager slinging together across the rooftops has always pissed me, it sucks, Batman acting like a father/grandpa sucks, Batman bitching over 20 years like a lil' girl (im refering to Jason Todd's death here, than in the end was meaningless btw ) sucks.

Even in the movies, the only good ones will ever be when Robin's not around, the very presence of the colored jumping bean ruins Batman's concept. Robin was obviously a character created for the gay fandom ("Robin" sounds very gay as a name btw), such thing could be acceptable in another, more campy characters like Superman or Captain America (Bucky anyone?), but definetly not for the Dark Knight.

Robin is and will always be an error, a burden and a shameful thing for the legend of Batman.

Last edited by Locard on Jul 17th, 2007 at 05:51 AM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 05:46 AM
Locard is currently offline Click here to Send Locard a Private Message Find more posts by Locard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Locard
Robin was obviously a character created for the gay fandom ("Robin" sounds very gay as a name btw),

Why does Robin have to have anything to do with homosexuality?

such thing could be acceptable in another, more campy characters like Superman or Captain America (Bucky anyone?), but definetly not for the Dark Knight.

How is Superman or Captain America camp. Wackness.

Last edited by Deadline on Jul 17th, 2007 at 12:38 PM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 12:34 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Robin was obviously a character created for the gay fandom ("Robin" sounds very gay as a name btw),

Quite the most retard thing I've read today.

Robin was introduce for the more younger audience who felt no connection with Batman because he is an adult. He serves as interpreter (sorta of speak) to the dark character of Batman. He also gives Bruce the role of a father figure.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 02:51 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Il.Mozalini
Malt Liquor Enthusiast

Re: Robin sucks and should take a walk

Robin was obviously a character created for the gay fandom ("Robin" sounds very gay as a name btw)

This quote alone not only makes an ass of yourself...it also devalues your opinion on ANYTHING, let alone on this subject.

Do us a favor: Shut up and die. Thank you.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 03:02 PM
Il.Mozalini is currently offline Click here to Send Il.Mozalini a Private Message Find more posts by Il.Mozalini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Harkness
Restricted

Account Restricted

Current Robin pwns.

Sig by Roland

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 04:10 PM
Jack Harkness is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Harkness a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Harkness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Locard
barely speaking english

sleep sleep sleep

Last edited by Locard on Jul 17th, 2007 at 04:30 PM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 04:19 PM
Locard is currently offline Click here to Send Locard a Private Message Find more posts by Locard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Locard
barely speaking english

Its my opinion fool, maybe i was rude at relating Robin with the gay fandom *looks for the 60's scan of batman and robin sleeping together*
but i just hate him, and sometimes my hate speaks rather than my reasoning.
Robin ruins one of my favorite characters, how could i not hate him.

Too bad. It seems now people will just point at the gay commentary, without giving reason or facts of why Robin doesnt suck. meh, do whatever you want, Because everyone has to admit that Batman is hella better when hes working ALONE.

and those 3 reasons for Robin's existence sir wrathfuldwarf, are backing up my arguements perfectly. Who needs a campy Batman? or a father figure Batman? and Robin gives us just that

Originally posted by teh_perfection
Current Robin pwns.

o rly? well, i dont have anything against Robin's existence, as long he's away from Batman

Its ok to give Robin his own series, his own set of villains, and keep him away from Batman, so he cant damage the Batman concept anymore (Teen titans Robin is OK)

Last edited by Locard on Jul 17th, 2007 at 04:31 PM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 04:24 PM
Mr Parker

Robin in the 90's animated series rules and makes the show better.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 05:32 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Ok... While it's your opinion Locard, I'm gonna have to disagree...

I believe David Mazzucchelli put it best... "When Bruce Wayne was a kid, his pampered life was shattered into pieces. Since then, he's been trying to put it back together. It makes perfect sense that his partner would be a kid, because Bruce to an extent, never really grew up, he's still that 8 year old vowing vengeance...

And all the homosexual accusations... Batman and Robin were written to appeal to a male child... Of course they are gonna act the way they do and have no females around because a male child is very "anti-female" until around the age of 12-13, it's not a homosexual thing at all, it's just how they were written back then...

Hope that sounds somewhat intelligent...

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 06:00 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I have never liked Robin and I hate everything he is in as well. I even liked TAS better without him even though I can't deny he had some good stories in that show, he was prolly the best incarnation. But my preference will always be a non Robin Batman. But I don't think he was made for gay people...that's absurd.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 06:32 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Robin is a cool character. Dick Grayson was the best Robin. Tim Drake is a good Robin also.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 07:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Damn dude that's cold as ice.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 08:10 PM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheMercurial
Unmythical mortal

Tim Drake is awesome, by far my favourite Robin, although that's largely because I prefer Dick in his Nightwing incarnation.

You can moan and complain about Robin "ruining" Batman all you want. But Robin as a sidekick has been around much longer than most superheroes and without the character, Batman's series' might not have survived to this day.

"Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life"

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 09:07 PM
TheMercurial is currently offline Click here to Send TheMercurial a Private Message Find more posts by TheMercurial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Yes I can't stand that little rat bastard...he needs to die and that charater should NEVER EVER COME BACK!!! get a different sidekick and not a gay name like bluejay.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 11:31 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sindahouse

Robin represent Batman's human non dark side. Remember Bruce Wayne fights darkness with darkness, but he is not a dark person and he makes an effort not tobe taken in by the 'abyss' so to speak. Having Robin around shows just how good of a person Batman is, and shows that the darkness hasn't taken him. Even though Robin looks like a retarded fan of the wiggles, he is a representation of batman's kinder and merciful side.

Sorry Locard, but I think ur confusing batman with spawn. I must admit, I like batman better without robin but thats the beauty of batman. No super powers. He's just as human as the next person and longs for friends and companions. It's human nature

Last edited by sindahouse on Jul 18th, 2007 at 01:49 AM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 01:44 AM
sindahouse is currently offline Click here to Send sindahouse a Private Message Find more posts by sindahouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
endrict
Restricted

Account Restricted

I see your point Sin, But he can get a better sidekick then Robin or Nightwing(Robin)

Sig done by me.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 01:39 PM
endrict is currently offline Click here to Send endrict a Private Message Find more posts by endrict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

Nightwing is fine for a sidekick. the name is kickass. as well as the suit.

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 11:45 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

Originally posted by Alfheim
Why does Robin have to have anything to do with homosexuality?

didnt you ever see that episode of family guy

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 01:20 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Only one I saw was the one where they made fun of him for having no powers...that was friggin hilarious laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 02:31 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by xNIXSONx
didnt you ever see that episode of family guy

My nephew watches Family Guy. Very funny show.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 07:14 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote