KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Favorite Artist

Favorite Batman Artist?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Bob Kane 1 10.00%
Tim Sale 0 0%
Jim Lee 2 20.00%
Dick Sprang 0 0%
Alex Ross 2 20.00%
Neal Adams 2 20.00%
Jim Aparo 0 0%
Graham Nolan 0 0%
Michael Turner 1 10.00%
Other 2 20.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Favorite Artist
Started by: Bat Dude

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Favorite Artist

To quote the next poster, "This has been done to death..."

Yes it has, but we've gotten a lot of new users since then, and I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite Batman artist is...

(And, not to spam, but someone please give feedback on my Original Franchise thread. I want to know what is good and what can be better before I start re-writing Batman Returns)

Mine is definitely Neal Adams... THE Batman in my opinion...

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 04:17 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SilverSloth

Norm Breyfogle. He was the first artist I can remember when i started to seriously read Batman and 'Tec. something about his art was just so cool.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2007 03:24 AM
SilverSloth is currently offline Click here to Send SilverSloth a Private Message Find more posts by SilverSloth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

I've never seen his art, is there somewhere online I can see it? (I don't remember him if he were a guy from the past, and I don't follow the recent comics)

Old Post Sep 19th, 2007 07:58 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Each artists have their own unique style of portraying the Dark Knight. Given the choices I'd say that for me is Jim Aparo.

Aside from illustrating a great Batman in the 80's he is also captures the spirit of madness in the Joker. One of the most disturbing images (at least for me) he ever put in a comic book was the brutal and cruel beating of Jason Todd. Even to this day it disturb me to see Robin brutally beating The Joker.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 09:28 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SilverSloth

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SilverSloth
Norm Breyfogle. He was the first artist I can remember when i started to seriously read Batman and 'Tec. something about his art was just so cool.

He did the first three issues of Knightfall vol.1 , failing that you can check some out on his official site.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 07:16 AM
SilverSloth is currently offline Click here to Send SilverSloth a Private Message Find more posts by SilverSloth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
claybird

jim lee of course, he totally kicks ass big grin

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 12:37 AM
claybird is currently offline Click here to Send claybird a Private Message Find more posts by claybird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joseph_Kerr

Adams, Breyfogle and Jones (which he's not listed). I know, I'm one of the few who actually likes Kelly Jones art work.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 05:29 AM
Joseph_Kerr is currently offline Click here to Send Joseph_Kerr a Private Message Find more posts by Joseph_Kerr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joseph_Kerr

Originally posted by Bat Dude
I've never seen his art, is there somewhere online I can see it? (I don't remember him if he were a guy from the past, and I don't follow the recent comics)

http://www.normbreyfogle.com/

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 05:30 AM
Joseph_Kerr is currently offline Click here to Send Joseph_Kerr a Private Message Find more posts by Joseph_Kerr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Joseph_Kerr

Norm Breyfogle is a good one. But I've liked all the Batman artists.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 05:40 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by Joseph_Kerr

He's pretty good... I like it... Not as much as Neal Adams, but definitely ranks high, now...

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 02:13 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I voted for Jim lee. I loved Batman: Hush yes In fact I'm writing a Batman vs Hush story in the hypothetical vs thread in the comic vs forum yes

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 11:19 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Alex Ross= Classic version of Bats. Makes everything look real.

Jim Lee= Ideal version of Batman, especially during the HUSH storyline. Dark, gritty, and mean.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 06:03 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Jim Lee hands down....

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 05:09 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Jim Lee draws Batman very well; like others have mentioned, the Hush storyline has great art by him. And of course Alex Ross excels in almost anything he does, which includes Batman.

I do like Tim Sale though. It took a while for his art to grow on me, but it finally did after reading "The Long Halloween." For some reason I think it fits the mood of that graphic novel.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 09:14 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Jim Lee hands down....

and alex ross

TGFwashere

Last edited by Mairuzu on Jul 18th, 2008 at 09:58 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 09:53 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

JOSH MIDDLETON and SALVADOR LAROCCA.
Alex Ross is great at photo-realism but his female portrails all look like they should be playing in the WNBA.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 12:29 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Oh and i think its a crime neither were included in the poll. for shame!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 12:31 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote