KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Who could play joker now?

Who could play joker now?
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules
The doctor

Who could play joker now?

Unfortunatly Heath Ledger died from a drug overdose, far as I know Joker was possibly gonna be in the 3rd batman movie...with the death of Heath who could play Joker in the 3rd movie if joker does survive the 2nd movie?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 04:58 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Nobody, write him out, or have him die quickly.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 05:01 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I think it should be implied that he died, if not then they should give him whatever time he needs to serve in the plot.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 05:07 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Odds are that he is in jail or something at the end of this one, so hopefully its not necessary to bring him back.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 05:18 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I really hope they don't, it just won't seem fair and seeing his performance, I think anyone else who steps in the mantle will only be in for a disappointment, I think TDK in the end killed HL.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 05:28 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

where was it ever mentioned joker was supposed to be in a second? wow cant believe the timing of his death,dying just shortly after the movie was released.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 05:46 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Finshed yes, but there is a rogue gallery of villains out there.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 05:47 PM
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I think anyone else who steps in the mantle will only be in for a disappointment, I think TDK in the end killed HL.

Probably so.

Heath as an actor is really intense but you have to be super intense to be the Joker. It must've been emotional and mentally draining for Heath or any other human to be that way for a certain period of time.

They've been shooting TDK for about a year now and who knows how long he was under such stress and pressure. His body cracked and gave way. It couldn't taking the tax. Heath seemed like he was going beyond his physical, emotional, and mental limit with this film.

I guess he wanted to be the best Joker there ever was and/or thought that this was a role that he could really and finally push to the limit, like he looked like he wanted to do.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 06:01 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

For example:

Heath Ledger portrays the Joker, whom the actor described as a "psychopathic, mass murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy".[9] Nolan had wanted to work with Ledger on a number of projects in the past, but had been unable to do so.[10] When Ledger saw Batman Begins, he realized a way to make the character work in that film's tone,[11] and Nolan agreed upon his anarchic interpretation.[10] To prepare for the role he lived alone in a hotel room for a month, formulating the character's posture, voice and psychology.[8] While he initially found it difficult, Ledger was eventually able to generate a voice which did not sound like Jack Nicholson's take on the character in Tim Burton's 1989 Batman film.[12] He started a diary, in which he wrote the Joker's thoughts and feelings to guide himself during his performance.

- wiki

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 06:30 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Yes I read about that, he also said due to the pressure his mind was still going; that he could not sleep only getting a few hours, in the end I think it got to him, the Joker is a strange character who has multiple emotions; for him to go back to being a real villain is good, but I don't think a sane human being can be like that for so long, I mean like he said the Joker is, "psychopathic, mass murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy" that is a real hard thing to pull of every day or so for god knows how long.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 06:39 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I believe Ledger will give us all a final chilling performance as an iconic character. However I do feel that if necessary a Joker recast may work for the next film if Nolan sees fit to have him in it.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 08:35 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
I believe Ledger will give us all a final chilling performance as an iconic character. However I do feel that if necessary a Joker recast may work for the next film if Nolan sees fit to have him in it.

how will that work?

You seen what happened with the earlier Batman movies with Batman being portrayed by someone different in almost every movie and look at the mess that cause the franchise in the 90's.

I don't think i want to see another Joker rehash. I've already gotten used to this one and it took a bit (didn't agree with the non-traditional grungy look initially). And I planned on settling for this Joker cause I know heath's Joker's gonna own as i've been saying for months now.

Question is, is recasting another Joker even worth it. If the director wants to maintain the integrity of the character, then the answer (should be): No.

Just memorialize the character and let it go with Heath. Let it begin and end with Heath. Until a decade or 2 later when the franchise starts up again and someone else worthy gets the role.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 09:27 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
how will that work?

You seen what happened with the earlier Batman movies with Batman being portrayed by someone different in almost every movie and look at the mess that cause the franchise in the 90's.

I don't think i want to see another Joker rehash. I've already gotten used to this one and it took a bit (didn't agree with the non-traditional grungy look initially). And I planned on settling for this Joker cause I know heath's Joker's gonna own as i've been saying for months now.

Question is, is recasting another Joker even worth it. If the director wants to maintain the integrity of the character, then the answer (should be): No.

Just memorialize the character and let it go with Heath. Let it begin and end with Heath. Until a decade or 2 later when the franchise starts up again and someone else worthy gets the role.

Indeed, it shall be too early to recast, let them wait, I think nolan should take more care of (if he does recast) the next joker, he is pretty intense.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 09:30 PM
coolmovies

I wanna see a penguien

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 09:42 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Riddler and Freeze.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 10:35 PM
rox

I really hope they don't, it just won't seem fair and seeing his performance, I think anyone else who steps in the mantle will only be in for a disappointment, I think TDK in the end killed HL.

i strongly agree. he has had many physical problems since that movie

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 10:41 PM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Riddler and Freeze.

who would you recast as the riddler

i'd pick in-between

-Johnny Depp

-Steve Carrel

-haha, Tom Green.. (maybe)

-a darker Jim Carrey (again)

-Crispin Glover

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 11:25 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
how will that work?

As I said depending on what Nolan feels is right for the next film. I am just speculating like everyone else. If its warranted then Chris Nolan will recast The Joker and he'll be in the next film. If Nolan doesn't feel the need to have The Joker in the next film then that is that and there will be no Joker in the next movie.

As for The Riddler and Mr. Cobblepot being in Nolan's version, right now I just can't see it happening.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 11:32 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Well, seeing as how I'm just pouring on the Brandon Lee comparisons, think about this...

BB3 is set to be released in 2011, right? Well, The Crow was released in 1994, and then they recast the role of the Crow for the sequel in 1996... There's a two year difference there, and there'd be a three year difference here... If Nolan believes it would be best, then I guess they could recast (I'd kinda be against it, though)

Old Post Jan 24th, 2008 03:30 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
As I said depending on what Nolan feels is right for the next film. I am just speculating like everyone else. If its warranted then Chris Nolan will recast The Joker and he'll be in the next film. If Nolan doesn't feel the need to have The Joker in the next film then that is that and there will be no Joker in the next movie.

As for The Riddler and Mr. Cobblepot being in Nolan's version, right now I just can't see it happening.

Not if any true Batman/Joker/Ledger fans have anything to say about it. It's not about what Nolan feels. It's about what'll sell. And a rehashed Joker would be unbuyable, i believe.

That's beside the fact that the Joker character doesn't belong to him anyway. So he can't just "do what he feels like" with the Joker. And i doubt DC would let the WB, or any other producer/director for that matter, rape the Jokers' image in that way.

The Jokers' a high quality character played by academy award winners and nominees. He's not some B-list character you toss around.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 24th, 2008 05:02 AM