KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » confused about scarecrow's drug in batman begins

confused about scarecrow's drug in batman begins
Started by: <><>

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
<><>

confused about scarecrow's drug in batman begins

say you get sprayed with this stuff, which of the following is true:
a)it lasts until you get the antidote
b)it wears off eventually, but the antidote can end it immediately
c)the effects will become permanent if you don't get the antidote within a time limit

i'm confused because when falcone got sprayed, then later rachel visited arckham he still seemed insane (which led me to beleive that the effects were permanent). crane/scarecrow gets sprayed, later when he's getting questioned by gordon he does mutter "scarecrow" a few times, but he doesn't seem nearly as insane as falcone did (was the drug wearing off?). bruce/batman gets sprayed and gets the antidote 1 day later. rachel gets sprayed and she apparently needs the antidote right away!

so were the effects permanent in crane? if so don't you think it was kind of cruel for batman to spray him; "taste of your own medicine doctor?". sure crane if obviously pretty evil, but doesn't it contradict what bruce said earlier about compassion? when he refused to execute the murderer?

Old Post May 12th, 2008 10:53 PM
<><> is currently offline Click here to Send <><> a Private Message Find more posts by <><> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolverine2006
X-man

I'm pretty sure you have a certain amount of time to get the antidote or else your mind is gone forever...and it also depends on the dosage you are given.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 02:27 AM
Wolverine2006 is currently offline Click here to Send Wolverine2006 a Private Message Find more posts by Wolverine2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
freek

well i would assume scarecrow had some kind of immunity to it, not altogether but his body would most likely have been trained to counteract it. or he may have been given the antidote before going to arkham.

also, rachael was repeatedly freaked out by scarecrow so that would have put strain on her heart or may have sped up the insanity process which is why she would need the antidote sooner than batman; who has trained long enough to be able to control his emotions and his body's reactions to those emotions.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 02:31 AM
freek is currently offline Click here to Send freek a Private Message Find more posts by freek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your answer lies in the viral markting campaign for The Dark Knight.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post May 13th, 2008 02:40 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

Rachael got more of the drug than anyone else did. Crane even said it himself after he used it on her.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 10:57 AM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atharpina

Re: confused about scarecrow's drug in batman begins

quote: (post)
Originally posted by <><>

crane/scarecrow gets sprayed, later when he's getting questioned by gordon he does mutter "scarecrow" a few times, but he doesn't seem nearly as insane as falcone did (was the drug wearing off?). bruce/batman gets sprayed and gets the antidote 1 day later. rachel gets sprayed and she apparently needs the antidote right away!

so were the effects permanent in crane? if so don't you think it was kind of cruel for batman to spray him; "taste of your own medicine doctor?". sure crane if obviously pretty evil, but doesn't it contradict what bruce said earlier about compassion? when he refused to execute the murderer?

crane does go permanently insane! he starts finkin hez a scarecrow and junk! thats preety insane if you ask me!

and ya i guesss it was pretty douchey for batman to spray crane and even a lil hypocrity. but it created the scarecrow and im pretty alllrite wif those results

Old Post May 14th, 2008 01:58 AM
atharpina is currently offline Click here to Send atharpina a Private Message Find more posts by atharpina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rafkins_Warning
A Crazy Person

I think it depends on the dosage he uses on you.

Like the stuff he used on Rachel was a concentrated dose, its practically pure. In result she would have gone completely insane from it if Batman hadn't have given her the antidote.

As for the Scarecrow now being insane, well I think he would be by now. I mean he got the same dose as Rachel (from Batman) and now he's just so far gone from the effects of it that being sprayed with it now doesn't really effect him anymore. He's just too insane to get any "insaner".

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 10:48 PM
Rafkins_Warning is currently offline Click here to Send Rafkins_Warning a Private Message Find more posts by Rafkins_Warning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CrazyEX

Well, there is an answer to everything. After batman gets sprayed, crane appearently uses a regukar dose on him, effecting him heavily as ever. Bruce recovers after 2 days.

As for Rachel, after spraying her, Crane says: "I gave her a concentrated dose, the mind can only take so much", which should answer your question. As rachel gets a high dose, she had the risk of becoming insane quickly, and you can see her enter a state of psychosis during the car trip with Batman.

It's true that Batman doesn't kill, but as he does for Ra's Al Ghul, "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you". Batman was really angry at Crane for poisoning Rachel, and that explains his behaviour. Crane enters a state of psychosis, just like Falcone did, but I believe Falcone was give na very high dose too. Crane probably went crazy too, but I believe he was quite sane, just kind of brain damage. He should recover some time.

Hope I could help...

Old Post Jun 27th, 2010 02:52 PM
CrazyEX is currently offline Click here to Send CrazyEX a Private Message Find more posts by CrazyEX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grog_Burton

When Joker is sprayed by the fear gas he simply smiles and says "What other flavours you got" before proceeding to beat Crane senseless with a chair!

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 08:16 AM
Grog_Burton is currently offline Click here to Send Grog_Burton a Private Message Find more posts by Grog_Burton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

^ I don't remember that happening in Batman Begins. big grin

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 09:15 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grog_Burton

Originally posted by Myth
^ I don't remember that happening in Batman Begins. big grin

It happened in Knightfall you dolt. Read more comics! big grin

Old Post Sep 9th, 2010 05:28 AM
Grog_Burton is currently offline Click here to Send Grog_Burton a Private Message Find more posts by Grog_Burton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

Originally posted by Grog_Burton

I can't wait to get that in the mail.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2010 05:34 AM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by Grog_Burton

The OP didn't ask about the comics big grin

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2010 02:20 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

The League of Shadows uses the drug in its original form - it's not nearly as potent that way. As you can see during Bruce's final test with the League, with enough training and concentration, you can use your mind to overpower the dose. I think the feeling that the League's dose has gives is like a run-of-the-mill panic attack.

So the key to the drug is that you must inhale it.

The League ships the drug in the little bunny rabbits over to Dr. Crane, where he takes them to his illegal pharmacy on the top floor of his asylum, and the goons there make it into a spray.

The comparison is like injecting heroin, and smoking it. Smoking heroin goes directly into your system because it goes directly into the lungs and so directly into the blood system. Injecting it into a vein will still get you high, but some of the stuff will be absorbed by the body as waste [or the equivalent of].

So if you get sprayed with the stuff, it's much more potent and goes directly to the source where it immediately sends you into psychotic breakdown, which no amount of mind control or concentration can get you out of. and, without some kind of medical help, your mind just wears down.

So then we add to the mix the machine that vaporizes water, while the drug has been dumped into the city's water supply...
and there comes the major threat of everyone in the city having pyschotic breakdowns, that cause them to become violent. So if you don't become a vegetable, you're going to be hacked into tiny tiny pieces by someone who will soon be a vegetable.

As for Rachel, Crane's comment makes me think he gave her the equivalent of four or five doses. An overdose of morphine x five is how doctor-assisted-suicide happens.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2010 06:25 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote