KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman 3's Villain?

?
This poll is closed.
Riddler 29 42.65%
Penguin 2 2.94%
Catwoman 7 10.29%
Black Mask 7 10.29%
Mad Hatter 2 2.94%
Scarface and The Ventriloquist 0 0%
Bane 4 5.88%
Clayface 5 7.35%
Joker "Re-cast" 5 7.35%
Other 7 10.29%
Total: 68 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Batman 3's Villain?
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

Batman 3's Villain?

Where do they go from here with Heath gone and Two-Face dead? Who would you like to see next?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 03:44 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

The Reaper

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 03:55 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Who's that?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 03:58 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaper_(DC_Comics)

An awesome character that could really work in Nolan's universe...

A few changes to his story and costume, and you've got a great villain...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:23 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Two Face and maybe the Riddler

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:39 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zbucsz
Pimp

Clayface, catwomen, two-face

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:45 AM
zbucsz is currently offline Click here to Send zbucsz a Private Message Find more posts by zbucsz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it would be a shame not see Catwoman. And Two-Face if he's not dead.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:48 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

The Phantasm?
And 2 face

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:57 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

I thought I remembered Nolan, or Goyer, or someone else working on the movies say that they wouldn't have Penguin or Catwoman in a future movie, and they were trying to use unfamiliar characters who hadn't been in past films. I personally think Bat Dude is right, The Reaper would make a pretty cool villain, though I'm kinda thinking that Riddler fits the bill as a good choice for the next movie, the only thing is them saying they're trying to go for characters who weren't in the movies.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:58 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

I'm feeling the Riddler would be the best choice. Though it really is a shame that it wont go out with The Joker.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 05:13 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Clayface isn't a bad choice. If they go with the original Clayface and not the one that can transform his body.

Penguin and Riddler are the classic ones here. I would love to see a more cleaner penguin than the one in Returns. Riddler doesn't have to be wacky or jumpy like Gorshin or Carrey. I'm thinking more like the one from BTAS it would be very suitable for this franchise.

Bane is another possible good character. But it would be best to introduce the Venom serum in the story. That may become complicated and too much of a stretch for the third installment.

Black Mask would be PERFECT with the current timing of this Batman. A crime boss with a sadistic nature. Would be interesting.

Mad Hatter and The Ventriloquist are more psychological characters. I'm not sure if Nolan would take that route. The same would go with Hugo Stange and Blockbuster.

Poison Ivy could also fit quite well now that there is an open spot in Bruce's life. Of course, you won't get the Poison Ivy that can talk to trees or have vines strangle people. I'm thinking more a botanical chemist professor with deadly poisons.

My personal pick....Selina Kyle. But is not as easy as it seems. See, Catwoman and Batman have always...ALWAYS have held strong feelings for each other. But they have too much pride in themselves. And cannot accept or yield to each other. The romance is there...NO QUESTION about it. Indeed, it would be a complicated relationship that I think one day it will be resolve in the comics.

If Nolan wants to tackle the romance between Batman and Catwoman....it would be exciting to see how he does it. I trust Nolan...so I hope he makes the right choice (and so far he's done just that...)

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 05:21 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Penguin and Riddler are the classic ones here. I would love to see a more cleaner penguin than the one in Returns. Riddler doesn't have to be wacky or jumpy like Gorshin or Carrey. I'm thinking more like the one from BTAS it would be very suitable for this franchise.

Black Mask would be PERFECT with the current timing of this Batman. A crime boss with a sadistic nature. Would be interesting.

My personal pick....Selina Kyle. But is not as easy as it seems. See, Catwoman and Batman have always...ALWAYS have held strong feelings for each other. But they have too much pride in themselves. And cannot accept or yield to each other. The romance is there...NO QUESTION about it. Indeed, it would be a complicated relationship that I think one day it will be resolve in the comics.

If Nolan wants to tackle the romance between Batman and Catwoman....it would be exciting to see how he does it. I trust Nolan...so I hope he makes the right choice (and so far he's done just that...)

These points I certainly agree with; but in the case of the Riddler, I think a more Kaiser Soze type character would be best. In fact, perhaps he would be best served by not really being seen until the end of the movie.

Catwoman would be a great choice to include in the movie. But I can't see her really being a major love interest for this Batman. Certainly not in the same way she is in the comics or the Burton idea of her knowing who Batman really is when he isn't under the mask. But I might be wrong.

I would like to see Black Mask in a counter-part to Gotham Knight that take splace in between TDK and the next film.

And I'd love to see a wrap up of this version of Batman with an animated short of a Killing Joke type story; an animated film like Gotham Knight that takes place after the next film. I think it would be a nice end to what we see in The Dark Knight and Nolans other films. And certainly a cool way of addressing the Joker as the major villain in the Bat world and concluding the story Nolan is telling without the constraints of the actors involved.

Last edited by Devil King on Jul 22nd, 2008 at 05:44 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 05:37 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
The Phantasm?
And 2 face

I think the Phantasm would be cool.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 06:41 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I want Hush! And 2face

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 06:45 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I would'nt mind seeing Mr Freeze being done again (Come on Arnold Schwarzenegger as him was terrible)

and also Man-Bat would be another good one do something like a crime movie involving a monster same deal like Killer croc

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 06:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

For those of you wanting to see Catwoman or Penguin in the next film if you read what I wrote above he's a little something to add on to it, straight from the two screenwriters of the film.
“Batman has been published for 70 years. In the first movie, we used Ra’s Al Ghul and the Scarecrow, who had not been in the movies before, and had not been in the ’60s TV show before.

“There are dozens if not hundreds of other characters that fit that bill. Everyone says it’s got to be the Penguin or Catwoman [in the next film]… well I completely disagree.”

This of course doesn't absolutely rule them out but it pretty much says it won't happen. I'll post the link for the whole interview below.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/09...rd-batman-film/

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 08:42 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think ruling out Catwoamn is a hard-pressed perspective. Especially since the villains used in both Begins and Dark Knight are all major villains. Perhaps handling them as the villains were in the 60's is out, but ypu can't populate a film with a villain no one knows.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 08:51 AM
Pure Passioné
..::Fallen angel::..

I would love to see Poisonivy in te next film.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 08:55 AM
Pure Passioné is currently offline Click here to Send Pure Passioné a Private Message Find more posts by Pure Passioné Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Definately need a bat chick, villain or not.

Think of them in the same sense as "Bond girls". It's always been tradition to have a bat chick.

Take a look back (starting '89)...

Batman - Vicki Vale

Batman Returns - Cat Woman

Batman Forever - Chase Meridian

Batman and Robs - Poison Ivy and Batgirl

Rachel Dawes in Batman Begins and TDK just didn't cut it.

I say we need Poison Ivy or Cat Woman. Involvment of Talia would be hot aswell.

Imagine Harley Quinn though. No one comes to mind that can fill those shoes though.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 09:29 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Originally posted by Kazenji
I would'nt mind seeing Mr Freeze being done again (Come on Arnold Schwarzenegger as him was terrible)

and also Man-Bat would be another good one do something like a crime movie involving a monster same deal like Killer croc

Arnold is a great actor i blame the writer for the let down . I would like to see the cat woman and two face

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 10:12 AM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote