KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Rachel Weisz as Catwoman

Rachel Weisz as Catwoman
Started by: hermione7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

Rachel Weisz as Catwoman

Thu., Dec. 11, 2008 9:25 AM PST by Ted Casablanca

(please log in to view the image)

The next Batman installment is alive and kicking—definitely. We already mentioned today certain Warners sources are leaking to us that Rachel Weisz is being considered for the Catwoman role, too fab. But Warners officially isn't saying bubkes. But other insiders working on the next installment, to follow up where The Dark Knight left off, say it's all so a go:

Despite some recent interviews in which he down-played the possibility of returning as director again, Christopher Nolan (who helmed Knight) will for sure be back directing the third flick, we're assured by a production mole. Christian Bale will obviously rejoin his director pal, and we're very pleased to report that he'll be playing a "sexier" Bruce Wayne. This is heaven-sent news, as, let's face it, Bale couldn't have looked any more constipated in that last flick.

Never mind. And as for Catwoman casting, look, when we chatted with Aaron Eckhart not long ago, he blabbed that he would love to see Angelina Jolie play the role. Well, sorry babes, as we spilled earlier today, Weisz is the one more likely, at this point, to be signed on to play the sexy puss. After all, Angie has her claws out enough in real life, right?

By the by, even though Warners did not comment on any of the above movie talk, additional studio sources did confirm it's certainly "expected" Bale and Nolan will be back, pending a script which is being written as we gossip.

source: eonline.com

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 11:57 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Doubt that's true. Hasn't Nolan already said that Catwoman won't appear? Though I think she'd fit perfectly into the third film, after Rachel's death...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 02:15 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Not bad though...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 05:08 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

The article sounds like a teenage girl wrote it...

Oh, yeah, it's from E, that might explain it...

Well, I don't really want to see Catwoman this time around... Why not use Talia? She has ties to a previous character (Ras Al Ghul) and she'd fill the same role, basically (Batman has to choose between upholding the law, or his love for her)... Plus, she's never been in a movie before, so she's still fresh...

And I don't need to explain why Reaper would be an excellent choice for a second villain... But I will anyway... He has ties to a previous character (Rachel) and the fact he's a murderous vigilante makes him a good fit for a "Batman's redemption" story line... Plus, he's never been in a movie before, so he's still fresh...

But Weisz WOULD be a good choice if Catwoman were unfortunately in the next film (but here's hoping she actually might play Talia)...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 07:39 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I love Rachel Weisz, but this is just one of 20 billion rumors that we will see and read about until WB and Chris Nolan get back into the casting process and decide what story to tell and what villain(s) will be in the next installment

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 08:16 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bat Dude
The article sounds like a teenage girl wrote it...

Oh, yeah, it's from E, that might explain it...

Well, I don't really want to see Catwoman this time around... Why not use Talia? She has ties to a previous character (Ras Al Ghul) and she'd fill the same role, basically (Batman has to choose between upholding the law, or his love for her)... Plus, she's never been in a movie before, so she's still fresh...

And I don't need to explain why Reaper would be an excellent choice for a second villain... But I will anyway... He has ties to a previous character (Rachel) and the fact he's a murderous vigilante makes him a good fit for a "Batman's redemption" story line... Plus, he's never been in a movie before, so he's still fresh...

But Weisz WOULD be a good choice if Catwoman were unfortunately in the next film (but here's hoping she actually might play Talia)...

STFU with the Reaper thing already, we all heard it about 1000 times by now.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 10:39 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by Anti-Monitor
STFU with the Reaper thing already, we all heard it about 1000 times by now.

Really, now? 1000 times? Those must have been from somebody else because I only remember mentioning it a couple times...

What? You don't like when people speak out for something they want?

I've never seen you complain about "Riddler B3" threads or "Catwoman B3" threads or anything like that... So maybe it's only when it isn't what you agree with...

I'll talk about the Reaper whenever I damn well please, thank you... If there's a B3 Villain thread, you can be sure I'll bring up the Reaper (or Talia, or any interesting villain who wasn't in the previous movies), since everyone else brings up Riddler and Catwoman...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 12:19 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

This is a rumor, just so everyone knows. No truth behind it at all.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 01:12 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just like that other rumor Angelina Jolie is gonna be catwoman they're both good picks but i'll wait until Nolan talks.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 07:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Rachel as Catwoman?

No...she's gorgeous but no Catwoman.

She would make a great Talia....

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 05:43 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Rachel as Catwoman?

No...she's gorgeous but no Catwoman.

She would make a great Talia....

I agree

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 07:57 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

None of these rumors will end up being true. I'll bet Nolan chooses something weird and has an unexpected villain, and then everybody bitches. After the movie is released, everyone will say that it was an awesome performance and that they always had faith in whatever actor was chosen.

You know it to be true.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 08:23 PM
Master Crimzon is currently offline Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by Master Crimzon
None of these rumors will end up being true. I'll bet Nolan chooses something weird and has an unexpected villain, and then everybody bitches. After the movie is released, everyone will say that it was an awesome performance and that they always had faith in whatever actor was chosen.

You know it to be true.

That's exactly what's gonna happen...

Bring on the unexpected!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 09:48 PM
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

It's confirmed: Sylvester Stallone as Calendar Man in Batman 3.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 09:52 PM
Master Crimzon is currently offline Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

You know it to be true.

Thats quite possible..

It's confirmed: Sylvester Stallone as Calendar Man in Batman 3.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 10:47 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I think we should just merge all these threads into one topic titled "Completely False TDK Rumors" or just delete them. Here's another dumb fvcking rumor: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/12/17...s-yet/#comments

I'm posting it here so someone else doesn't create their own thread on it.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 02:29 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I think we should just merge all these threads into one topic titled "Completely False TDK Rumors" or just delete them. Here's another dumb fvcking rumor: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/12/17...s-yet/#comments

I'm posting it here so someone else doesn't create their own thread on it.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

that is the most ignorant ad dumb fracking rumor I've seen so far

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 04:00 AM
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Catwoman Cher edges it out IMO.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 06:00 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Some for the rumors being cleared up..

http://www.superherohype.com/news/b...ews.php?id=7923

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 08:11 PM
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Some for the rumors being cleared up..

http://www.superherohype.com/news/b...ews.php?id=7923

I read that today, it was a good interview...

But I was reading the comments, and I saw this...

quote:
Forget Robin or we will get again a Joel Shumacher movie.

The notion that "Robin in a future movie (maybe the 4th or something) = return to Schumacher territory" is the most retarded thing I've ever heard a Batman fan say...

To each their own, I guess...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 09:16 PM