KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Who could play the next Joker?

Who could play the next Joker?
Started by: Wil Deidara

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Who could play the next Joker?

Out of all of the actors that you know of, who can play the next Joker?

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 11:07 PM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

No one is going to play The Joker unless Chris Nolan changes his mind

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 01:29 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I hope there's not another Joker in the Nolan franchise. I'd be fine with a different take on the character in a different Batman film, but it'd suck to have someone imitating Heath's performance. I doubt Nolan would want that either.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 05:02 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I hope there's not another Joker in the Nolan franchise. I'd be fine with a different take on the character in a different Batman film, but it'd suck to have someone imitating Heath's performance. I doubt Nolan would want that either.

QFT

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 08:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Chris Rock or Tucker.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 10:59 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

You're hilarious.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 11:02 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

I was thinking of Colin Ferrell

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 03:06 AM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Guardian

okay I am sure other people could give good or great interpretations of the joker but this has been answered already.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 03:28 AM
Silent Guardian is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Guardian a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Guardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Johnny Depp, James Franco, Daniel Day Lewis, or Joseph Gordon Levitt. However, if Nolan did change his mind and decide to recast, he'd likely go with someone unexpected as with Ledger and not any of the popular choices, which I wouldn't mind. I trust in Nolan.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 06:43 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I swear there's more than one thread about this

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 08:14 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

I dont see anyone imitating him either. I think Joker could be a mastermind behind some evil plan even though he's in jail. In that case they wont even need to show him. Just some guy sitting in his cell in shadows. Imitating Ledger's voice is better than imitating his performance.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 08:20 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

That'd be a stupid move. When people want the Joker, they want to see him. If it's going to be a cameo or just a guy in the shadows, there's no point. Besides that, it's been shown that almost nothing is consistent with the Joker's personality, so the actor wouldn't even have to imitate Heath's performance, and would be free to bring something new to the table.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 08:34 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
That'd be a stupid move. When people want the Joker, they want to see him. If it's going to be a cameo or just a guy in the shadows, there's no point. Besides that, it's been shown that almost nothing is consistent with the Joker's personality, so the actor wouldn't even have to imitate Heath's performance, and would be free to bring something new to the table.
Im not saying that a guy in the shadows should be the only villain of the movie. There should be someone else, like Riddler, a new story etc etc Joker could just appear at the end of the story to remind Batman that he's not gone. He could be behind the story somehow.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 09:04 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I know that's not what you're saying but the Joker is too much of a visually appealing villain to only be behind the scenes for every new movie coming out.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 09:27 AM
SamZED

True. Its just I hate that he wont ever appear again in the movies..

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 10:14 AM
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

What? Even if he doesn't appear again in this franchise he'll be in the next. It's not as if we'll never see the character again. Besides, Batman has a ton of other awesome villains to be used if the Joker doesn't return.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 10:25 AM
TheVapor
Hero

Exactly, like:
The Penguin-not the main villain, just a mob boss who hires a few goons, or as someone suggested before, be Batman's insider to the mob scene.

The Riddler-Hired to find out Batman's true identity. Forces Batman to solve some puzzles that are meant to entrap him in some way.

Talia Al Ghul-If she were to appear, she'd be running the show with a few hired assassins working for her.

Firefly-Either a hired hand, or working alone, he would be interesting but probably not the main villain

Poison Ivy-A bio-terrorist

Mad Hatter-filling in the possible gap of insanity left behind with no Joker. wink No mind control hats, though. Just hats that serve other mechanical functions.

The Reaper-We've already seen Batman clones who carried guns and were ready to kill, so would it be too far a stretch to see one of them become a completely unique vigilante?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 05:05 PM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

To the OP, Brandon Lee -r.i.p- would have been a good alternate to Heath as Joker.

But as for actors today, Probably only Danny Day Lewis imo could pull off a good take on the Joker.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 10:21 AM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

works for me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 12:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Originally posted by Juk3n
To the OP, Brandon Lee -r.i.p- would have been a good alternate to Heath as Joker.

But as for actors today, Probably only Danny Day Lewis imo could pull off a good take on the Joker.

I love Brandon Lee, and thought he was just awesome, but I doubt he'd be able to fill Heath's shoes. Also, Daniel Day Lewis isn't the only person who'd be able to pull off a great performance with the Joker. Think of Johnny Depp, or James Franco, who are both versatile actors.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 08:11 PM