KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Dark Knight Nominated for 8 Acadamy Awards

Dark Knight Nominated for 8 Acadamy Awards
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Dark Knight Nominated for 8 Acadamy Awards

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=52150

Heath being the only nomination in the big categories. I would have loved to see "best director" or "best picture", but hearing 8 nominations is still pretty good.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 09:21 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Yeah, I'm happy about the technical noms, but honestly, this movie deserved a lot more (Original Score, Picture, Director).

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 09:38 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'm happy, but sad that Best Picture and Best Director were not included..

The thought of this being nominated says volumes for the academy

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 10:44 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

This film deserves to win. One of the best films I've ever seen

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 12:26 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Should have had a best picture nomination. Benjamin Button shouldn't be up there. Hell I wouldn't be mad so much if the Wrestler had taken Benjamin Button's place and the Dark Knight had gotten shut out but the idea the Dark Knight and The Wrestler got shut out for Benjamin Button is annoying to me, lol

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 06:02 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

And my academy hatred rises again after several years of being 'pretty happy' with it.

If Batman wasn't based on a comic book, it would have been an absolute lock for winning all of the major categories. Oh well.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 07:43 AM
Master Crimzon is currently offline Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Despite The Dark Knight receiving 8 Oscar nominations (see here), it wasn't nominated in top categories such as Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Adapted Screenplay. Co-writer Jonah Nolan sent his reaction to the fans at DarkCampaign.com:

hey — not sure who to address this to as it looks like a collective effort, but I just wanted to pass along my thanks.

It's truly humbling that you guys would take the time and effort to try to get the film recognized. I, like you, was disappointed that Chris didn't get some recognition this morning, but for Heath and so many of the people who worked so hard on this thing to get nominated is thrilling.

Any nominations for a comic book movie is a thing of beauty no matter how you slice it, and that takes the sting out a bit. Besides, I've been to the big show before, and, like any of these things, it's a little disappointing. Did you know it's not even an open bar once the show starts? At least this time I would have remembered to bring a little cash so I could buy myself a drink after losing.

The best part of this experience is seeing other people getting passionate about the film the way that we did. It has been a truly incredible experience. So thank you again.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/b...ews.php?id=8011

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 02:45 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
Should have had a best picture nomination. Benjamin Button shouldn't be up there. Hell I wouldn't be mad so much if the Wrestler had taken Benjamin Button's place and the Dark Knight had gotten shut out but the idea the Dark Knight and The Wrestler got shut out for Benjamin Button is annoying to me, lol

Isn't Benjamin Button any good? I'm really looking forward to seeing that (as I think Fincher's a genius)...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 05:32 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Aye, it's very good. Though it's really a 'hate it or love it' movie.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 06:33 PM
Master Crimzon is currently offline Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by Kovacs86
Isn't Benjamin Button any good? I'm really looking forward to seeing that (as I think Fincher's a genius)...

I heard it was all right. Typical Oscar bait. It only got a 72% on Rottentomatoes.com. I haven't seen it and I'm not saying it's a bad film but everything else in the Best Picture category but that and the Reader scored in the 90s on Rottentomatoes I just don't get how two films with such lukewarm reviews got in the best picture category over two films (The Wrestler and The Dark Knight) that had rave reviews, the Wrestler in particular which scored a 98%

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 11:09 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Benjamin Button I can live with. The Reader, however, should not be there at all. There were so many movies that were better than that. The Dark Knight, The Wrestler, Wall-E, The Visitor, Rachel Getting Married, Frozen River, and Gran Torino are just some of them.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 04:13 AM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

IMO, Heath will win best supporting actor. DK didn't deserve to be a best picture or best director category.

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 03:37 PM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by celestialdemon
Benjamin Button I can live with. The Reader, however, should not be there at all. There were so many movies that were better than that. The Dark Knight, The Wrestler, Wall-E, The Visitor, Rachel Getting Married, Frozen River, and Gran Torino are just some of them.

Agreed

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 07:54 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by Ultimate Wil
IMO, Heath will win best supporting actor. DK didn't deserve to be a best picture or best director category.

Do you know anything about directing? It certainly does deserve it.

Best Picture is debatable, I think it deserves a nod for that too. The nominations this year are so bad.

Last edited by SnakeEyes on Jan 29th, 2009 at 03:01 AM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 02:56 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

yahoo!!! Its too bad the movie got released this year cause there were so many other good films released as well,some based on true stories that came out this year such as FROST/NIXON and The Changeling that as much as I loved the dark knight-I saw it 8 times at the theaters,I wouldnt be able to give it best picture award or some of the others since its a different type of film than those.Last year,I would have had to disagree with the academy,but this year I just cant.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 04:39 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I can't live with Benjamin Button or the Reader because The Wrestler and The Dark Knight got better reviews and I think the category would have been better with those two movies in it

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 07:03 PM
Rafkins_Warning
A Crazy Person

I love how people can get nominated for prestigious awards just because they died... I mean hey, maybe someone from Twilight will die this year and then that film will be nominated for an Oscar next year, oh wouldn't that be oh so swell!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 05:55 AM
Rafkins_Warning is currently offline Click here to Send Rafkins_Warning a Private Message Find more posts by Rafkins_Warning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Ledger deserves any awards he gets, regardless of his death. He delivered a quality performance and I don't think anyone can dispute that. I also believe he would've been nominated if he were still alive. I know you might think it's "cool" to go against the grain and hate on Heath Ledger because he's dead and he's received a posthumous Oscar nomination, but honestly, it's just disrespectful and more importantly, ignorant to make a statement like yours.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 07:26 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Agreed.. I've seen plenty of people say the whole thing was a sympathy award, but it's all a bunch of bullshit. Dead or alive, Ledger earned what he got.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 08:46 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rafkins_Warning
A Crazy Person

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Ledger deserves any awards he gets, regardless of his death. He delivered a quality performance and I don't think anyone can dispute that. I also believe he would've been nominated if he were still alive. I know you might think it's "cool" to go against the grain and hate on Heath Ledger because he's dead and he's received a posthumous Oscar nomination, but honestly, it's just disrespectful and more importantly, ignorant to make a statement like yours.

Um... I am not going "against the grain" no more than I am "hating on Heath Ledger".

I mean I thought he was a good actor... as do I think (as mush as I hate admit anything good about that awful film) that his performance in the Dark Knight was good as well... but Oscar worthy? He deserves a nomination for this about as much as he deserved the one he got for Brokeback Mountain! And he only got that because it was the "It Movie" of the year... as is the Dark Knight.

So think of it as whatever you want, he got the nomination because the film was so popular or because it was a "sympathy vote"... one thing is certain though, the Academy has really been dropping the ball when it comes to handing out nominations and awards.

P.S. I am not ignorant... I'm just brave enough to say what a lot of people are already thinking.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 11:22 AM
Rafkins_Warning is currently offline Click here to Send Rafkins_Warning a Private Message Find more posts by Rafkins_Warning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote