KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » A Storyline for B3

A Storyline for B3
Started by: TheVapor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVapor
Hero

A Storyline for B3

I was tempted to just throw this in with one of the other "villains" discussions out there but I decided that since my idea is more than just villains, but a storyline, it kinda deserved its own topic where people could comment on it specifically and not just the overall discussion going on. So without further ado, here's my idea:

Okay, in my version of the story Dent isn’t dead. When the
police arrive around the "dead" body
Gordon tells his men that Batman held his family hostage, and that he
had "killed" Dent who was trying to save them. Gordon explains that after Rachel’s
death, Batman must have been seeking revenge for his [Gordon’s] hand in the loss
of Rachel. He further explains that Batman killed five others. Two of them
cops. This sets up for the police actively hunting Batman through out the film.
As for this news reaching Gotham citizens, they are led to believe that Batman
is now raging full war to take control of Gotham. Citizens are puzzled and worried, glad though that at least the Joker is behind bars.

Now, while everyone believes that Dent is dead, Gordon has
him properly checked and it is discovered he is in a deep coma. Completely
alone in the venture, Gordon takes Dent to Arkham to be treated in case he
comes out of the coma. Shortly after arriving Harvey does, and is put in the
care of Harley Quinzell, who is working on another important case, The
Joker. She is put into such a position
to care for both criminally insane men because of her phenomenal work with
Crane [scarecrow]. We would see her work
with both, and over the course of her work with them she would undergo a
change. Because of her time with the Joker, she is slowly persuaded to a life
of anarchy in a similar [but note: not the same] way he worked on Harvey. The Joker sees her as “a great possibility”
and tells her his third [known] origin story which ultimately wins her over.
From her time with Dent, she becomes very sympathetic of his position and takes
a liking to his idea’s of “chance”. She sees the struggle within him between the “good” that Gotham knew, but also the “Dark” side that thirsts for revenge on all evil. Once won over by the Joker, she obeys his orders to set Dent free to cause chaos, and finish his business. When asked why he doesn’t want to be released yet he simply says “I like it here”.

Upon release, Harvey decides to visit Bruce Wayne who he was told by Rachel could be trust. Alfred, not knowing what best to do allows Dent into the Penthouse, where he finds a piece of evidence linking Bruce to Batman. Harvey and Bruce have a confrontation that ends with Harvey escaping, and Bruce dismayed at his new predicament.

The Joker gives Dent a tip along with his release, to meet up with one of his former henchmen who has been causing a scare around Gotham; The Mad Hatter [crazy guy Dent threatens to kill in TDK]. Taking up the role his master left behind the Hatter has been performing terrorist activities, most of them involving hats. In some cases he targets prominent people by placing bombs in their hats, and has acquired large amounts of a deadly virus which he had laced a whole shipment of hats with, spreading the virus around the city. He threatens to not relinquish the cure for the new virus until everyone in Arkham is freed, especially the Joker. Dent is at first hesitant to team up with the Hatter, but finds that he can manipulate him into following his orders by telling him that he is the Jokers most trusted ally, even showing him the Joker card given to him from Quinzell who passed it along to him. This way Dent has someone who can do a lot of the dirty work for him so as to avoid recapture. The Hatter also serves as a distraction for when he goes out into the night to hunt down prominent members of the mob.

Meanwhile, in Bruce's story we see he is
extremely stressed by how hard it is to be Batman with everybody after him, and
how hard it also to be Bruce Wayne who has no one left save Alfred and Fox for
company; not to mention the new stress of Harvey's return. On one of his nightly scans of the city he comes across a thief, both
beautiful and cunning, who is the first to not be captured by him. I’m of
course talking about Catwoman. She
explains that she is stealing from a mob boss that was originally going to be
used to pay off a hit. Batman accepts this story [after a tough interrogation], and similar occurrences happen frequently following that event. The relationship
between the two develops over time until they are both very friendly with each
other, and then finally they are both intimate with each other [not like that] even going so far as to show each other their secret
identities[hell it happened in the comics, why not the movie?].

If you don’t like Catwoman she can be substituted with Talia
Al Ghul [Rhas from the first movies daughter]. However there are some problems.
First off, she has YET to be mentioned and so throwing her in now would be a little odd. Catwoman does not need to have been mentioned before hand and can easily squeeze into the story nicely, unlike Talia who really, for a
character that, if she was gonna be used, would have been mentioned by now,
would just feel weird. Also her
goal is to finish enacting her fathers plans for Gotham city, which would just
make 3 feel a bit of a rehash of B Begins. She DOES have a similar love
interest thing with Bruce like Catwoman, but at least Catwoman is completely new, has a different back story,
and isn’t actually a bad guy per se. Though I guess you could argue Talia would bring 1]Continuity and 2]A never before seen villain. I guess it could go either way and work.

So I’ve discussed what happens to the old villains, I’ve
talked about Bruce’s personal life during the movie, but what about the actual
MAIN villain? Two-Face would not be the main villain. His story of vengeance does not complete the storyline,
what I mean is, the movie would end feeling empty. He is part of a triangle.
The third piece of that Triangle being……The Riddler! The Riddler in the comics
is a private investigator, and he would most likely be in that profession for
this movie. He would be hired by the Mayor/the new DA to find out Batman’s true
identity, and how to stop/get the cure from the Mad Hatter. The Riddler would then set up elaborate schemes to coerce Batman into revealing his true identity. He would play
various games on him which would include; Leave a Riddle for him to decipher,
have him show up at the scene mentioned in the Riddle, try to force him to
reveal his identity. It doesn’t have to be like that the whole time. The
Riddler could play so many other games that each scheme would be very unique
from the others, even though the end goal is the same. When thinking of riddles and games, imagine Jigsaw from the Saw series. Since he is also hired to find anything about
the Hatter, he may come across evidence of Dent's being alive. With this information he could also play games with Gordon, officials at Arkham, and
even leave traps for Harvey to walk right into. This way, the Riddler is not
only affecting Batmans storyline [which is to redeem himself for his alleged
actions in TDK], but also to undo Harveys plans for revenge. So he is pretty
much a catalyst.

I won’t write an end to my story, because 1] It's fun to use your imagination and 2] on the million to one chance that I'm correct I wouldn't want to ruin the ending for you ;]

I believe, in my version of the story there is not only
potential to rightly tie up the loose ends created in TDK. It also leaves the door
open for another movie [You think WB is going to stop at 3 because Nolan is?]
by introducing Harley Quinn, and keeping The Joker around. Also since Nolan
throws subtle clues in one movie to tell you who the villains will be in the
next [Batman Begins had a line where Bruce called his party guests “Two-Faced
Phonies” and than at the end he received the Joker card. In TDK Fox makes a
comment that his suit would be good against a cat, and the character Mr. Reese
[mysteries] both justify the two characters I’ve chosen above.] there could be
a quick line thrown in about how Catwoman stole from a mob boss calling himself
The Penguin/Clayface/Black Mask [whichever YOU prefer], or a quick note about increase of bio terrorist activities [hinting
at “Poison Ivy”], either way that is all speculation.

Oh, and for people who are saying "Too many villains!" I will rebut by saying Catwoman isn't really a villain and would take up the screen time of Rachel if she were still alive. Riddler would take up Jokers screen time, and Hatter/Dent can take up Dent's original screen time amount. Also, as has been shown, Nolan is not afraid to make the movie longer if necessary to get the whole story out.

So what do you think?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 07:30 PM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Sounds good...I wish joker were going to be part of the third but I dunno if he is considering that Ledger is dead

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 10:52 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

I stopped reading after "in this version Dent isn't dead"...

That already makes it impossible to actually happen... But I appreciate you typing it all out for everyone... It must have taken a while...

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 12:04 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bat Dude

That already makes it impossible to actually happen... But I appreciate you typing it all out for everyone... It must have taken a while...

The story is malleable enough that Dent could be taken out and not much would change. Still Mad Hatter running around, Joker could still get to Quinzell as a set-up for 4 [which I admit is over preparing], and Riddler is still as significant.

Dent may actually be an "over-complification" but I like the character and still think there's enough of a story left to continue on with.

And thank you for the appreciation, it did take awhile, but getting that hunk of information off my mind was worth it.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 02:12 AM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Originally posted by Bat Dude

I feel the same. I speed-read the rest, and did notice some mention of Gordon claiming Batman wanted revenge for Rachel's death, which would leave another flaw... surely it couldn't be common knowledge in Gotham that Batman was close to Rachel Dawes without compromising his secret identity?

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 08:36 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

I couldn't come up with a better explanation for Batman being at the scene of Dents death and at the same time have Gordons family involved. To everyone it would be obvious that Batman was trying to hurt Gordon and his family and that Dent had tried to stop him. Having Rachel's death be the catalyst for Batman attacking them is just as well a cover up as anything. It doesn't have to connect Rachel specifically to Batman, what I was getting at was that since Gordon had not gotten to Rachel in time, Batman was blaming him for negligence. Why would Batman all of a sudden change tact like that? His encounters with the Joker.

This of course isn't real at all, it would just be Gordons explanation and to anyone who didn't know any better it would be believable.

I guess since Dent being alive is sending some people away I'll have to edit him out of my idea. Odd, because everywhere else I've gone the people believe Dent is alive. I myself am not going either way but since I like the character, and since people thought he was returning I worked him into it. As I said earlier, the story as it stands can work without him in it just fine.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 02:04 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

well i kinda started a side project that could be the next Batman's storyline
i wanted to know what yns guys thought about it before i went along with the next chapter [this being the Batman forum and everything]
just follow the link below to read.
oh yeah, its the second to last post [or the last post i posted in...yeaaaaaahhhhh.........]
Chapter 1

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 03:01 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by TheVapor
I was tempted to just throw this in with one of the other "villains" discussions out there but I decided that since my idea is more than just villains, but a storyline, it kinda deserved its own topic where people could comment on it specifically and not just the overall discussion going on. So without further ado, here's my idea:

Okay, in my version of the story Dent isn’t dead. When the
police arrive around the "dead" body
Gordon tells his men that Batman held his family hostage, and that he
had "killed" Dent who was trying to save them. Gordon explains that after Rachel’s
death, Batman must have been seeking revenge for his [Gordon’s] hand in the loss
of Rachel. He further explains that Batman killed five others. Two of them
cops. This sets up for the police actively hunting Batman through out the film.
As for this news reaching Gotham citizens, they are led to believe that Batman
is now raging full war to take control of Gotham. Citizens are puzzled and worried, glad though that at least the Joker is behind bars.

Now, while everyone believes that Dent is dead, Gordon has
him properly checked and it is discovered he is in a deep coma. Completely
alone in the venture, Gordon takes Dent to Arkham to be treated in case he
comes out of the coma. Shortly after arriving Harvey does, and is put in the
care of Harley Quinzell, who is working on another important case, The
Joker. She is put into such a position
to care for both criminally insane men because of her phenomenal work with
Crane [scarecrow]. We would see her work
with both, and over the course of her work with them she would undergo a
change. Because of her time with the Joker, she is slowly persuaded to a life
of anarchy in a similar [but note: not the same] way he worked on Harvey. The Joker sees her as “a great possibility”
and tells her his third [known] origin story which ultimately wins her over.
From her time with Dent, she becomes very sympathetic of his position and takes
a liking to his idea’s of “chance”. She sees the struggle within him between the “good” that Gotham knew, but also the “Dark” side that thirsts for revenge on all evil. Once won over by the Joker, she obeys his orders to set Dent free to cause chaos, and finish his business. When asked why he doesn’t want to be released yet he simply says “I like it here”.

Upon release, Harvey decides to visit Bruce Wayne who he was told by Rachel could be trust. Alfred, not knowing what best to do allows Dent into the Penthouse, where he finds a piece of evidence linking Bruce to Batman. Harvey and Bruce have a confrontation that ends with Harvey escaping, and Bruce dismayed at his new predicament.

The Joker gives Dent a tip along with his release, to meet up with one of his former henchmen who has been causing a scare around Gotham; The Mad Hatter [crazy guy Dent threatens to kill in TDK]. Taking up the role his master left behind the Hatter has been performing terrorist activities, most of them involving hats. In some cases he targets prominent people by placing bombs in their hats, and has acquired large amounts of a deadly virus which he had laced a whole shipment of hats with, spreading the virus around the city. He threatens to not relinquish the cure for the new virus until everyone in Arkham is freed, especially the Joker. Dent is at first hesitant to team up with the Hatter, but finds that he can manipulate him into following his orders by telling him that he is the Jokers most trusted ally, even showing him the Joker card given to him from Quinzell who passed it along to him. This way Dent has someone who can do a lot of the dirty work for him so as to avoid recapture. The Hatter also serves as a distraction for when he goes out into the night to hunt down prominent members of the mob.

Meanwhile, in Bruce's story we see he is
extremely stressed by how hard it is to be Batman with everybody after him, and
how hard it also to be Bruce Wayne who has no one left save Alfred and Fox for
company; not to mention the new stress of Harvey's return. On one of his nightly scans of the city he comes across a thief, both
beautiful and cunning, who is the first to not be captured by him. I’m of
course talking about Catwoman. She
explains that she is stealing from a mob boss that was originally going to be
used to pay off a hit. Batman accepts this story [after a tough interrogation], and similar occurrences happen frequently following that event. The relationship
between the two develops over time until they are both very friendly with each
other, and then finally they are both intimate with each other [not like that] even going so far as to show each other their secret
identities[hell it happened in the comics, why not the movie?].

If you don’t like Catwoman she can be substituted with Talia
Al Ghul [Rhas from the first movies daughter]. However there are some problems.
First off, she has YET to be mentioned and so throwing her in now would be a little odd. Catwoman does not need to have been mentioned before hand and can easily squeeze into the story nicely, unlike Talia who really, for a
character that, if she was gonna be used, would have been mentioned by now,
would just feel weird. Also her
goal is to finish enacting her fathers plans for Gotham city, which would just
make 3 feel a bit of a rehash of B Begins. She DOES have a similar love
interest thing with Bruce like Catwoman, but at least Catwoman is completely new, has a different back story,
and isn’t actually a bad guy per se. Though I guess you could argue Talia would bring 1]Continuity and 2]A never before seen villain. I guess it could go either way and work.

So I’ve discussed what happens to the old villains, I’ve
talked about Bruce’s personal life during the movie, but what about the actual
MAIN villain? Two-Face would not be the main villain. His story of vengeance does not complete the storyline,
what I mean is, the movie would end feeling empty. He is part of a triangle.
The third piece of that Triangle being……The Riddler! The Riddler in the comics
is a private investigator, and he would most likely be in that profession for
this movie. He would be hired by the Mayor/the new DA to find out Batman’s true
identity, and how to stop/get the cure from the Mad Hatter. The Riddler would then set up elaborate schemes to coerce Batman into revealing his true identity. He would play
various games on him which would include; Leave a Riddle for him to decipher,
have him show up at the scene mentioned in the Riddle, try to force him to
reveal his identity. It doesn’t have to be like that the whole time. The
Riddler could play so many other games that each scheme would be very unique
from the others, even though the end goal is the same. When thinking of riddles and games, imagine Jigsaw from the Saw series. Since he is also hired to find anything about
the Hatter, he may come across evidence of Dent's being alive. With this information he could also play games with Gordon, officials at Arkham, and
even leave traps for Harvey to walk right into. This way, the Riddler is not
only affecting Batmans storyline [which is to redeem himself for his alleged
actions in TDK], but also to undo Harveys plans for revenge. So he is pretty
much a catalyst.

I won’t write an end to my story, because 1] It's fun to use your imagination and 2] on the million to one chance that I'm correct I wouldn't want to ruin the ending for you ;]

I believe, in my version of the story there is not only
potential to rightly tie up the loose ends created in TDK. It also leaves the door
open for another movie [You think WB is going to stop at 3 because Nolan is?]
by introducing Harley Quinn, and keeping The Joker around. Also since Nolan
throws subtle clues in one movie to tell you who the villains will be in the
next [Batman Begins had a line where Bruce called his party guests “Two-Faced
Phonies” and than at the end he received the Joker card. In TDK Fox makes a
comment that his suit would be good against a cat, and the character Mr. Reese
[mysteries] both justify the two characters I’ve chosen above.] there could be
a quick line thrown in about how Catwoman stole from a mob boss calling himself
The Penguin/Clayface/Black Mask [whichever YOU prefer], or a quick note about increase of bio terrorist activities [hinting
at “Poison Ivy”], either way that is all speculation.

Oh, and for people who are saying "Too many villains!" I will rebut by saying Catwoman isn't really a villain and would take up the screen time of Rachel if she were still alive. Riddler would take up Jokers screen time, and Hatter/Dent can take up Dent's original screen time amount. Also, as has been shown, Nolan is not afraid to make the movie longer if necessary to get the whole story out.

So what do you think?

interesting

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 12:35 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Huh.

Okay, here's my idea.

Opening scene: Penguin as Oswald Cobblepot is adressing Gotham which is having financial/crime issues, whatever. Oswald looks like a normal human being, but a bit round and slightly big nose. He talks in a very posh accent and is seen as an aristocrat.Oswald expresses his desire to run for mayor (or district attorney) whichever is more interesting. The public loves Ozzy, and he goes away into his big mansion house.

As he goes further and further into his house, talking to himself, he becomes more and more quirky and seems to have a lot of birds in his house, he eventually gets an umbrella and says something cool like "It's show time" (I can't think of something cool right now, but that's so people know what track I'm on).

Anyway, cut to Bruce Wayne and Alfred. Alfred is talking about everyone hating Batman, and Bruce is still sad over Rachael. They talk about the Joker and what he's done to Gotham, and about Oswald and what he'll do to Gotham.

Then cut to Penguin organising a huge crime with the mobsters. His incentive is Batman is the enemy and the police suck.

Then crime scene. The mob threaten and stuff, Batman comes to save the people, but they don't like Batman. Even someone as a simple mobster breaks through Batman and he ****s up and they win.

People really hate Batman now, but cut to Bane as a wrestler. (Bare in mind I don't know much about Bane). He has this epic match, but loses. He decides to take steroids, then comes back later and knocks the other guy out.

Penguin congradulates mob and declares a new era on Gotham.

Gordon talks to his son about Batman.

Joker (possible archive footage) meets up with Bane and turns him into a villain. Cool scene where Joker says "we all turn bad eventually, it's what I've always said, all it takes...is a little push." Bane then pushes Joker across the long room, out the window and he falls all the way down and die.

OR

The steroids **** him up.

Now, Batman vs Bane scene. starts off kinda even until Bane breaks Batman's back like in the comics.

Now scenes of people hating Batman.

Bruce Wayne meets up with the Penguin. Penguin tries to turn Bruce to the dark side, Bruce has trouble declining.

More Bane scenes, I guess.

Anyway, Penguin eventually meets Batman as Batman. They talk and Penguin offers Batman's help in defeating Bane, but Batman must do criminal activities. (Penguin's motivation: If Batman is a villain, then Gotham is in his hands)

More Oswald running for office stuff, Batman eventually defeats Bane, and Oswald is revealed to be the Penguin.

Batman is uncredited for stopping Penguin, but credited for stopping Bane.

The End.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 11:08 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote