KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Heath Ledger Wins Oscar!

Heath Ledger Wins Oscar!
Started by: PANDAxMoNiUm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PANDAxMoNiUm

Heath Ledger Wins Oscar!

We know its goin to happen. So why not just say it, RIGHT?
PRE-Congrats to Heath! smile
RIP...

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 10:00 PM
PANDAxMoNiUm is currently offline Click here to Send PANDAxMoNiUm a Private Message Find more posts by PANDAxMoNiUm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PANDAxMoNiUm

!!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 03:19 AM
PANDAxMoNiUm is currently offline Click here to Send PANDAxMoNiUm a Private Message Find more posts by PANDAxMoNiUm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rafkins_Warning
A Crazy Person

Of course he won it... what the hell did you all think was going to happen... I knew the outcome the day his nomination was announced.

I guess now comes the part where everyone acts so surprised and gushes about it for the rest of this year. Oh joy.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 03:36 AM
Rafkins_Warning is currently offline Click here to Send Rafkins_Warning a Private Message Find more posts by Rafkins_Warning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

PRAISE HEATH,

WELL DESERVED IT WAS

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 04:14 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rafkins_Warning
A Crazy Person

Praise Heath..... is that like praise Jesus? LOL.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 04:55 AM
Rafkins_Warning is currently offline Click here to Send Rafkins_Warning a Private Message Find more posts by Rafkins_Warning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i screamed like a schoolgirl when they announced it stick out tongue
Rock In Peace Heath

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 02:57 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

yea, heath deserved this award man..he should've won best actor, imo. i mean, he completely dissapears into the role.

in film it's the best portrayal of a comic book character ever, imo. and there've more than a hundred portrayals of comic book characters in movies in the last 3 quarters of a century and heath's joker tops 'em all. (followed by reeves superman, to me)

from the calm twitches, to the psychotic personality, to the dark and sinister evilness, to the hysterical laugh, the new (grundgy) look, the voice, the cleverness/intelligence, to his philosophy, and just his flawless delivery. and the fact that he beat jack's '89 joker, (which was a stellar performance) made it just an orgasmic experience to witness.

Some Heath Joker quotes that he delivers with oscar caliber, i thought..

These are my "T.D.K." top 12 Heath Ledger Joker quotes (in no order)

"This city needs a better class of criminal."

"You… you just couldn’t let me go could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You are truly incorruptable aren’t you. You won’t kill me because of some misplaced sense of self-rightousness. And I won’t kill you because…you’re just too much fun. I get the feeling that you and I are destined to do this forever."

"it's not about the money, ..it's about........sending a message. everything burns.."

"I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can’t savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments. people show you who they really are. So in a way…I knew your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?"

"It’s a schemer who put you where you are. You were a schemer. You had plans. Look where it got you. I just did what I do best-I took your plan and turned it on itself. Look what I have done to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple bullets. Nobody panics when the expected people get killed. Nobody panics when things go according to plan, even if the plans are horrifying. If I tell the press that tomorrow a gangbanger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will get blown up, nobody panics. But when I say one little old mayor will die, everyone loses their minds! Introduce a little anarchy, you upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I am an agent of chaos. And you know the thing about chaos, Harvey? It’s fair."

“I thought my jokes were bad.”

"I’m like a dog chasing cars. I wouldn’t know what to do if I caught one…I’d just do things."

"Don’t talk like one of them, you’re not! Even if you’d like to be. To them, you’re just a freak–like me. They need you right now. When they don’t…they’ll cast you out. Like a leper. See, their morals, their code: it’s a bad joke. They’re dropped at the first sign of trouble. They’re only as good as the world allows them to be. You’ll see, when the chips are down these civilized people will eat each other."

"Ah, ah, ah... "opens jacket with mad greneades dangling from his body and jacket at that mob metting, with his finger on pull-swith) Let's not "blow" this outta proportion"..lol

Mobster: did you really think you can steal from us and get away with it?

Joker: yea..

Mobster: "You're crazy.."

Joker: "No i'm not........no..i'm nott."

When he first steps/skips into an uninvited mob metting unannounced:

"hehe hoho haha hehe haha hehe hohoo", lmao.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 03:55 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Congratulations to Heath on a thoroughly well-deserved Oscar that, I think, pretty much the whole world was rooting for him to win.

I know that some people may be cynical about his win, and may even question whether he'd have even been nominated were he still alive. But that's really besides the point; Heath truly turned in an outstanding, layered, and electric performance as the Joker, and accomplished what few had initially thought possible - he crafted a take on the role that can proudly stand alongside Nicholson's performance in Tim Burton's original film. So I'm glad that the Academy has recognised that.

I genuinely feel that it's one of the great tragedies of modern cinema that the movie-going public have been robbed of the chance to not only see Heath's Joker make an encore in the sequel to "The Dark Knight", but also to witness Heath truly become the movie star that he was on the verge of becoming when he died.

So well done Academy - you done good smile .

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 08:14 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ahnold
Congratulations to Heath on a thoroughly well-deserved Oscar that, I think, pretty much the whole world was rooting for him to win.

I know that some people may be cynical about his win, and may even question whether he'd have even been nominated were he still alive. But that's really besides the point; Heath truly turned in an outstanding, layered, and electric performance as the Joker, and accomplished what few had initially thought possible - he crafted a take on the role that can proudly stand alongside Nicholson's performance in Tim Burton's original film. So I'm glad that the Academy has recognised that.

I genuinely feel that it's one of the great tragedies of modern cinema that the movie-going public have been robbed of the chance to not only see Heath's Joker make an encore in the sequel to "The Dark Knight", but also to witness Heath truly become the movie star that he was on the verge of becoming when he died.

So well done Academy - you done good smile .

thumb up thumb up

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 08:48 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

I am happy that he won and all, though what's the point really if he is dead? Everyone who appreciated his performance already do, and it doesn't have to be validated by an award. Not that I'm not happy, I am, quite, but its a bitter pill when the film itself was snubbed and Christian Bale doesn't get the same amount of praise which he also deserved.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 10:14 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
I am happy that he won and all, though what's the point really if he is dead? Everyone who appreciated his performance already do, and it doesn't have to be validated by an award. Not that I'm not happy, I am, quite, but its a bitter pill when the film itself was snubbed and Christian Bale doesn't get the same amount of praise which he also deserved.

Pretty much feel the same way about Aaron Eckhart when it came to this movie, so I guess I agree a little. erm

Also, *in before someone calls this a sympathy award*.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 12:36 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote