KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » TDK question that's been bugging me!

TDK question that's been bugging me!
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

TDK question that's been bugging me!

So. I love The Dark Knight, but there's one scene in particular that's bugged me since I first saw it. Right before the Joker crashes the party that Bruce Wayne throws for Harvey Dent, there is a scene in which Bruce Wayne walks in on a couple making out, and then proceeds to open up a secret panic room and enter. The chick in this scene campily says: "Thank God you've got a panic room!" Now; I always interpreted this (her line of dialogue) as a lame attempt at comic relief and I didn't even consider that maybe it was supposed to be a serious line until my friend brought this up. I always thought that this line took away from the overall suspense of the scene. Now, my question: was that chick's line comic relief/sarcasm/a joke or was it meant to be serious?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 06:45 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PANDAxMoNiUm

Well you see.
The chick was serious, Like, She was stoked that Bruce had a Panic room.
BUTTTT
I believe what was meant to be funny was that he just goes in and leaves them chilling outside.
You Know?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 07:08 AM
PANDAxMoNiUm is currently offline Click here to Send PANDAxMoNiUm a Private Message Find more posts by PANDAxMoNiUm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Yeah, that's how I interpreted it. But I also thought that she could've been like "Thank God you've got a panic room... *so me and this guy can make out longer*" you know?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 07:27 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I'm pretty sure she was glad he had a panic room so she would have a better chance of not getting shot in the face, but that's just my take on it.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 08:19 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Yeah I know that would make sense, but something about the way it was delivered just didn't seem that way to me though. Eh.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 09:10 AM
TheMercurial
Unmythical mortal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Yeah, that's how I interpreted it. But I also thought that she could've been like "Thank God you've got a panic room... *so me and this guy can make out longer*" you know?

No, I definitely think it was meant to be more of a "Thank God you have a panic room, because we're freaked out by the noises we heard going on out there."

"Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life"

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 09:53 PM
TheMercurial is currently offline Click here to Send TheMercurial a Private Message Find more posts by TheMercurial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote