KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Johnny Depp as the Joker?

Do you want Johnny Depp as the Joker?
This poll is closed.
Yes 4 36.36%
No 7 63.64%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Johnny Depp as the Joker?
Started by: Davis Bloome

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Johnny Depp as the Joker?

I'd love to see Johnny Depp as the Joker, I think he'd be able to bring something new to the character, and show a new facet of the character, much like Ledger did. I'm all for a recast with Depp in the role.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 02:57 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

I like that idea as much as I like the idea of him as the Riddler. I've also considered James Franco for the role. He seems to be very versatile, and can handle different roles. Or Andy Serkis, he'd be pretty good in the role.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 03:04 AM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I definitely wouldn't want Andy Serkis in the role, but I'd be fine with either Depp or Franco, both are incredibly versatile. Plus, I just get a Joker esque vibe from Franco in general.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 03:19 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Nolan has said already The Joker will not be returning in his films

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 03:44 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

I [and I'm sure the other posters] knew that, it's just a fun little "what if?" type of thread.

Even if Nolan had not said the Joker would never return, I wouldn't want him to return in a major sense anyway, it'd be a lot more fun to see other villains get their shot.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 03:53 AM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Plans can always change, Nolan could very well change his mind, and even if he doesn't, it's always nice to converse on who we'd like to see in the role. No need for the facepalms at all, they are an overused expression, anyway.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 04:13 AM
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Well, let's get the ball rolling. Here's a manip of Depp as the Joker (of course you all should know I didn't make this):

(please log in to view the image)

It's simple and sweet....right to the point in fact.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 01:29 PM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i think itd be cool you know?
he can give us another aspect we can judge and see the differences and similarities between his version of the Joker and Ledgers version

besides, you cant really say "Okay, Heath Ledger's dead... no more Joker*crosses off name*"
theres always gonna be the Joker whether he's on the side or in the spotlight
Nolans an idiot if he tries to ignore the Joker for any other Batman's

and didnt he say there wasnt gonna be anymore Batmans from him? you just never know....

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 03:54 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Anyways...Joker wont be on film for a long time. Its the truth....deal with it.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 04:14 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul

QFT

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 06:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

you cant sy that cause you just never know whats gonna happen

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 06:45 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Miguelohara563
Protector Of The Universe

They can say whatever they like:Joker's been in two films so he's wearing thin.

I vote Killer Moth,Black Mask and Hush for Batman 3.

My Doctor Who Fic

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 08:00 PM
Miguelohara563 is currently offline Click here to Send Miguelohara563 a Private Message Find more posts by Miguelohara563 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Lol, what? How is the Joker wearing thin? Someone wearing thin is Lex Luthor considering he's been in four out of five Superman movies. Out of six Batman movies, the Joker has only been in two, so I fail to see how he's "wearing thin". I think that's a completely ludicris statement considering there's a hell of a lot more to be done with the character in any franchise, and only TDK has even scratched the surface of the many things that can be done with the Joker.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 05:37 AM
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
i think itd be cool you know?
he can give us another aspect we can judge and see the differences and similarities between his version of the Joker and Ledgers version

besides, you cant really say "Okay, Heath Ledger's dead... no more Joker*crosses off name*"
theres always gonna be the Joker whether he's on the side or in the spotlight
Nolans an idiot if he tries to ignore the Joker for any other Batman's

and didnt he say there wasnt gonna be anymore Batmans from him? you just never know....

I agree with you except for the fact you said Nolan would be an idiot not to use the Joker again. Quite honestly, the man is a genius, and he brought Batman back into the public's eye as far as movies go, and got him to be taken seriously, and was the first man to direct a comic book movie that grossed a billion dollars so please, don't EVER under any circumstances call him an idiot.

Now, as far as the Joker is concerned, I do think it'd be great for him to come back. He's such an iconic and great villain that it'd be a bit of a waste not to use him again. I know for sure that Nolan would do a great job with any other villain, but I think the Joker should be fit into at least one more movie, and who knows, maybe when it's time for him to get to working on Batman 3 he'll reconsider recasting.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 05:40 AM
steverules_2

Originally posted by Miguelohara563
They can say whatever they like:Joker's been in two films so he's wearing thin.

I vote Killer Moth,Black Mask and Hush for Batman 3.

3 actually, he was in the batman movie in the 60's

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 06:43 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Lol, still, he's not even close to wearing thin.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 07:42 AM
TheVapor
Hero

Originally posted by The Nuul

quote:
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
you cant say that cause you just never know whats gonna happen

"This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object." wink

The end to "Arkham" may make it clearer on whether or not the Joker returns, but either way I hope he returns in some capacity. It just would not make any sense to completely cut him out after he said "I think we're destined to go on doing this forever" at the end of the last movie!

I'm glad Nolan took some time off from Bat's, and maybe he'll come back to the franchise with a little more open-mindedness about recasting than he was when he left.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 06:10 PM
coolmovies

Heath Leadger was the best joker now lets leave it at that plzz

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 07:30 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Nolan has said already The Joker will not be returning in his films

which is good.we need to see other villians and that takes away their screentime if you do that cause then you got to start in with the two villian thing and the movies start going downhill when you do that. a tv show thats fine,but not in a movie,it doesnt work then.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 07:47 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by coolmovies
Heath Leadger was the best joker now lets leave it at that plzz
agreed.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 07:48 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote