KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Aaron Eckhart vs. Tommy Lee Jones

Why Two-Face was better?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Tommy Lee Jones' Two-Face 1 3.33%
Aaron Eckhart's Two-Face 29 96.67%
Total: 30 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Aaron Eckhart vs. Tommy Lee Jones
Started by: spidermanrocks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spidermanrocks

Aaron Eckhart vs. Tommy Lee Jones

There are already many "Jack Nicholson vs. Heath Ledger" threads so I decided to make one for Two-Face. Which Two-Face was better? Tommy Lee Jones' version of Two-Face? Or Aaron Eckhart version? In my opinion, the winner is Aaron Eckhart because of these reasons:

1) He actually listens to the coin while Tommy Lee Jones keeps flicking the coin until he gets what he wants. A Two-Face who doesn't listen to his coin is not Two-Face.

2) Tommy's Two-Face had a Joker personality while Eckhart's version is more serious which is how the Two-Face from the comics and from Batman: TAS is. Two-Face is not meant to be a Joker-wannabe.

3) Eckhart is more dangerous. Many people are saying that Two-Face was more dangerous in Batman Forever but that's because he has already been Two-Face for a while now. In TDK, Harvey was only Two-Face for a few days. If Harvey would not have been killed, then in a few months or weeks he would have had his own henchmen and would be as dangerous as Tommy Lee Jones' version if not then even darker.

4)Two-Face actually has a motivation in TDK while in Batman Forever, all we know is that someone threw acid on his face. We never got an explanation in BF to why he went crazy.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 04:03 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Aaron wins the battle of the Dents.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 04:33 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

By a landslide. He pretty much blew Batman Forever's Two-Face out of the water the moment he woke up from the hospital in the movie. Maybe even before that.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 07:01 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

His entire performance blew everything done in BF out of the water. The Two-Face from BF was Two-Face in name only. And the sad part is if Burton had done the project this would actually have been a good debate since Jones is a damn good actor.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 07:11 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Davis Bloome
His entire performance blew everything done in BF out of the water. The Two-Face from BF was Two-Face in name only. And the sad part is if Burton had done the project this would actually have been a good debate since Jones is a damn good actor.

I agree with this man.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 09:37 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Eckhart was actually my favourite part of Dark Knight (yes, even above ledger or bale). I thought he was brilliant. Tommy Lee is an excellent actor at times, but the two face role just wasn't written right for him i thought.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 02:09 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Indestructible
The Power House

Eckhart wins by a ****in mile. He is sooooo much better than senior citezen TLJ(no offense to the actor he is great but Two-Face isnt like 50 no expression)

Fav Villians: The Joker, Red Skull, The Riddler, Two-Face, Bane, Ozymandias, Magneto, Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage, Pyro, Blob, Avalache, Toad, Sabertooth, Green Goblin

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 04:45 PM
Indestructible is currently offline Click here to Send Indestructible a Private Message Find more posts by Indestructible Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

His age wasn't a problem because he didn't look like he was that old. The problem was having a shitty director make the tone comedic, and give a great actor material that was beneath him.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 04:56 PM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Indestructible
The Power House

His age wasn't a problem because he didn't look like he was that old. The problem was having a shitty director make the tone comedic, and give a great actor material that was beneath him.

I agree. Joel Shumacher is a dusty-old moron. He didnt know how to direct Batman movies worth a shit. The only reason Batman Forever was decnent was because Tim Burton produced or co-produced it!

Fav Villians: The Joker, Red Skull, The Riddler, Two-Face, Bane, Ozymandias, Magneto, Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage, Pyro, Blob, Avalache, Toad, Sabertooth, Green Goblin

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 05:04 PM
Indestructible is currently offline Click here to Send Indestructible a Private Message Find more posts by Indestructible Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

hands down Aaron Eckhart

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 07:13 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Originally posted by Indestructible
I agree. Joel Shumacher is a dusty-old moron. He didnt know how to direct Batman movies worth a shit. The only reason Batman Forever was decnent was because Tim Burton produced or co-produced it!

Exactly. I don't get why they gave Joel the job in the first place. He's a shitty filmmaker, and he damn near ruined Batman. Thank God for Christopher Nolan.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 08:01 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Exactly. I don't get why they gave Joel the job in the first place. He's a shitty filmmaker, and he damn near ruined Batman. Thank God for Christopher Nolan.

he did ruin Batman thats why they waited ten years to redo it and thanks to Mr. Nolan Batman is back

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 10:07 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRAYERRUN

Eckhart crosses the finish line and Tommy hasn't even started his car!!!!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 10:28 PM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
By a landslide. He pretty much blew Batman Forever's Two-Face out of the water the moment he woke up from the hospital in the movie. Maybe even before that.

true.as we can see from the poll,this ones a no brainer.Jones butchered to death the character of Two Face.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 11:16 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Tommy is what the same thing happen to Lex back then with Gene and a goofball director(not Donner) in Superman II.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 11:20 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

yeah thank god for Chris Nolan.He rescued that nightmare Burton/Schumacher franchise.they damn near ruined Batman.Its all a bad dream now that i have woke up from thanks to Nolan.actually Schumacher is just a shitty film maker when it comes to Batman.a couple of really great films he HAS made before that I suggest you check out are FLATLINERS,A TIME TO KILL and THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.those are really good films of his he made.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 11:22 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i disagree about the shitty filmmaker part.

St. Elmo's Fire, The Lost Boys, Falling Down, A Time to Kill, Tigerland, Veronica Guerin.

Yes, he messed up with the Bat movies, but give credit where credit's due. I seriously doubt the crappy tone was all his idea, and Forever was somewhat decent in parts, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 12:06 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by -Pr-
Eckhart was actually my favourite part of Dark Knight (yes, even above ledger or bale). I thought he was brilliant. Tommy Lee is an excellent actor at times, but the two face role just wasn't written right for him i thought.

Co-signed.

Originally posted by Indestructible

Joel's more of a kid/family-friendly director anyway, obviously. Doesn't make him shitty; just not the right kind of guy to be directing a Batman film.
Only reason he was hired in the first place was because parents complained about how Burton made Batman look too dark, so they wanted someone who would kinda do the opposite, which ended up going a little too far. At least Schumacher had the decency to apologize though.

So how about everyone stop hating on him and move on? confused

Originally posted by Mr Parker
true.as we can see from the poll,this ones a no brainer.Jones butchered to death the character of Two Face.

He would even keep flipping his coin until he got what he wanted, like when it came to shooting Bruce in the head laughing... though the bullet was a dud. lol

Originally posted by -Pr-
I seriously doubt the crappy tone was all his idea

Yeah. It was mostly due to influence from Warner Bros during the time Batman & Robin and Forever were being directed, from what I read on wiki.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 01:45 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

Wow everyone is voting Aaron Eckhart. I was expecting the majority to vote Aaron and only some people to vote Tommy but so far no one voted for Tommy. I can't believe no one thought of this before. We were all so amazed by Ledger's great performance that we completely forgot about Two-Face.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 03:09 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

P.S. I did a mistake in the title of the poll. The title is "Which Two-Face is better" instead of "Why Two-Face is better".

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 03:11 AM