KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Who crosses the line more, Batman or Daredevil

Who crosses the line more?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Batman 5 35.71%
Daredevil 9 64.29%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who crosses the line more, Batman or Daredevil
Started by: Darth Jello

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Who crosses the line more, Batman or Daredevil

This was kind of prompted by a comment in another thread. Now I'm not exactly a regular Batman reader but am much more of a Daredevil fan. The comment was that supposedly DD is locked in a cycle with certain foes just like Batman is because of his unwillingness to kill. This referring to the main Batman and the main 616 Daredevil.

In fact, I believe that DD is much more brutal than Batman ever was. He routinely beats opponents into traction regardless of whether or not they have powers. He's killed before, in fact when battling the Hand, he kills their ninjas without a second thought even though they are human beings. He's also used deadly force against common thugs during times when he's been driven to insanity. Lately, he's been torturing criminals, specifically Hammerhead, Bullseye, and Ox and even said he felt good about it. When was the last time Batman suspended Bane from the ceiling with chains and went at him with a blow torch or carved a target into Joker's head with a rock? Finally, DD has actually attempted to murder both of his arch villains. During born again, he went into the Kingpin's office with the intention of murdering him and was severely beaten, though in a what if story, it clearly shows murderous intent. He's done the same to Bullseye. In fact he found out his secret identity and his past during a time when he stalked Bullseye with the intention of killing him in his sleep. He crosses the line waaaay more despite, and possibly because he's a lawyer...

Thoughts?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 05:15 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Apparently Batman was going to kill Darkseid and Gorilla Grodd.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 05:19 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Apparently Batman was going to kill Darkseid and Gorilla Grodd.

Anybody in their right mind would try to kill Darkseid

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 05:56 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

DD for sure, I mean lets face it if DD's main arch enemy was joker then DD would kill him without hesitation

I mean joker may survive a few storylines with DD but after a while I'm DD would take it upon himself to kill joker, but Batman...well jokers done many horrible things to the people that batman cares about the most but batman still refuses to kill joker and I think that shows that Batman has been taken to the limits and still refuses to kill...but DD kills and tortures and doesn't care...think that answers the question to this thread

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 09:12 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I think DD's just more likely to. I don't think he would kill and he's had the chance to kill Bullseye or the Punisher before and stated it was a line he wouldn't cross.

Whereas with Batman, it's more deeply grained into his origin and his psyche. His whole thing is that he witnessed his parent's murders and swore it wouldn't happen to anyone else. That's why he's even saved the lives of his villains before. DD, by comparison, adopts a similar moral outlook but it's not so ingrained into him. He keeps just getting brought right to the abyss, but just manages to pull himself back every time.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 01:37 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by jalek moye
Anybody in their right mind would try to kill Darkseid

The point is its against his moral code.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 01:54 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Phantom Zone
The point is its against his moral code.

Well it depends. Is this about who crosses their own personal line or the line of norms for their world and society as heroes?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 02:47 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Well it depends. Is this about who crosses their own personal line or the line of norms for their world and society as heroes?

Their own line I think.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 03:05 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by willRules
I think DD's just more likely to. I don't think he would kill and he's had the chance to kill Bullseye or the Punisher before and stated it was a line he wouldn't cross.

Whereas with Batman, it's more deeply grained into his origin and his psyche. His whole thing is that he witnessed his parent's murders and swore it wouldn't happen to anyone else. That's why he's even saved the lives of his villains before. DD, by comparison, adopts a similar moral outlook but it's not so ingrained into him. He keeps just getting brought right to the abyss, but just manages to pull himself back every time.

But he has crossed the line, he has fallen into that abyss. He does it all the time. He's carved up the hand's ninjas, he deflected a bullet back into a mobster's head, it's implied but not confirmed that he killed three muggers on a subway during Born Again, he kicked Typhoid out a window (admittedly accidentally). It's also been shown and later, explicitly stated in predator's smile that he routinely uses techniques and force meant to kill against Bullseye, figuring that his adamantium will protect him.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 08:34 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Who crosses the line more, Batman or Daredevil

Originally posted by Darth Jello

In fact, I believe that DD is much more brutal than Batman ever was.

I can agree with this fact of yours. Simply because when Elektra died DD became a different character. Not an extreme like Punisher...but more certainly different. Prior to the death of Elektra, horn head was gentler crime fighter.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 07:52 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I dunno. He wasn't too gentle when he kicked Typhoid out a window.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 03:23 PM
Squirrel Fart

In the end Batman holds back. I don't read DD that much so I can't really say.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 03:56 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Punisher

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 05:34 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by steverules_2
DD for sure, I mean lets face it if DD's main arch enemy was joker then DD would kill him without hesitation

I mean joker may survive a few storylines with DD but after a while I'm DD would take it upon himself to kill joker, but Batman...well jokers done many horrible things to the people that batman cares about the most but batman still refuses to kill joker and I think that shows that Batman has been taken to the limits and still refuses to kill...but DD kills and tortures and doesn't care...think that answers the question to this thread

I don't know...Bullseye has killed both Elektra & Karen Page and DD still held himself back in the end. And Bullseye enjoys killing, because he thinks deaths at his hand make him stronger. I don't think Joker would be that much different for DD - he wouldn't kill him outright. Plus, with his constant antagonism towards the Punisher, he knows he wouldn't be any different than Castle if he killed someone. As a lawyer, that part of his mind keeps him just inside the line.

Still, both DD & Batman had a couple of confirmed deaths on their hands - DD when he first met Nuke in the 'Born Again' storyline (blew up a helicopter randomly gunning down the public); Batman to save himself from an Apokolips footsoldier who had him cornered during 'Cosmic Odyssey'.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 06:06 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Again, do the ninjas of the Hand not count as people? Also, stopping when Bullseye's unconscious doesn't mean he doesn't try to kill him every time he kicks him out a window or jumps on a wire they're both standing on, or you know, that thing that happened afterward which to me always looked kind of intentional on DD's part...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 06:28 PM
Squirrel Fart

Evil mystical Ninjas don't really count as people.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 06:34 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Why not?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 06:39 PM
Quincy
Debaser

This is why DD and Batman are the two best comic books

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 11:51 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by Quincy
This is why DD and Batman are the two best comic books

I think that has more to do with the quality of the writing and the art than brutality.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 02:29 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Agreed

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 03:26 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote