KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman killing

Batman killing
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Batman killing

In previous batman films Batman (1989), Batman returns and batman forever, batman is the reason behind quite a few deaths, Joker he caused to fall to his death, I dunno whether this was his intention, in batman returns he kills some of the penquins henchmen and in batman forever he was the reason two face died and he didn't even try to save him, in batman and robin I can't remember if batman killed or not. But anyways why was batman going around killing? I mean thats just not batman, I dunno if other people liked this batman but c'mon...thats just not batman messed I mean was there any reason the guys behind these movies decided to have batman killing...was it meant to make us think 'oh yay the bad guys dead'?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 09:50 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Batman kills all the time in the comics.

But he's not supposed to. That's kinda why the franchise got rebooted.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 10:41 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The movies were partially based on Frank Miller's work. While Frank Miller's Batman isn't as big a killer as some people, he's not exactly lenient either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 02:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

the correct answer is that batman in the old films was cooler then he is in the new films and the comics. superheroes that put the same criminal in jail over and over and over again even though he kills people= failure no expression

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 06:22 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
the correct answer is that batman in the old films was cooler then he is in the new films and the comics. superheroes that put the same criminal in jail over and over and over again even though he kills people= failure no expression

You know they were gonna have scarecrows gas stuff bring the joker back before they rebooted the series right?

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 07:33 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's why V will always be cooler than batman. Batman "can't" kill.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 08:58 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Batman can kill but chooses not to

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 01:50 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it's worth saying.

He killed Ra's in Batman Begins.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 04:01 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

There's already a thread about this, specifically comparing Batman's body count to Daredevil's.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 04:05 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Darth Jello
There's already a thread about this, specifically comparing Batman's body count to Daredevil's.

Thats comic DD and batman, plus this is discussing batman killing in the movies which is something he doesn't do or rarely does, this isn't about DD this is about batman

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 05:51 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by steverules_2
Batman can kill but chooses not to

ITA..

Originally posted by lord xyz
I think it's worth saying.

He killed Ra's in Batman Begins.

Actually Ra's chose to die, Batman did not kill him, Batman chose NOT to save him

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 08:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
ITA..

Actually Ra's chose to die, Batman did not kill him, Batman chose NOT to save him

While that is true, I just felt it was still somewhat out of character for Batman to let a defeated adversary die in that circumstance.

And Hey, no one said Ra's is dead... big grin

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 01:50 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

So are you sayin' those said superheroes should just be heartless killing machines when it comes to their enemies? That would make 'em no better than the same criminals they fought to lock up. erm

Originally posted by One Free Man
It's why V will always be cooler than batman. Batman "can't" kill.

Just a matter of opinion. Some people obviously prefer the kind of heroes that choose not to slay unless in self-defense, while others like the 'killing protagonists' more-so.

Originally posted by Placidity
While that is true, I just felt it was still somewhat out of character for Batman to let a defeated adversary die in that circumstance.

Yeah. It made Bale's Batman look like a hypocrite if nothing else, especially with the way he went on before about how nothing is beyond saving.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 09:40 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

ITA..

I dunno what ITA is but I'm gonna take a shot and say it means 'I Totally Agree' big grin

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 10:27 AM
SamZED

That's no different actually.
Also sometime superhero should kill imo. Batman should've killed Joker a long time ago instead he even saved him a few times. Tehn again, Joker could've killed him many time in the past.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 05:54 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by SamZED
That's no different actually.
Also sometime superhero should kill imo. Batman should've killed Joker a long time ago instead he even saved him a few times. Tehn again, Joker could've killed him many time in the past.

It would have been more CONVINIENT for Batman to have killed the Joker. But should he have? Thats what many villains do, kill out of convinience. Batman is obviously not a villain.

Batman's will makes him a better character imo than heroes that just go around killing. The Joker even WANTS Batman to kill him on occassion. Joker has been known to egg Batman on. What kind of hero would Batman be if he succumbed and gave his greatest adversary what he wanted?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 06:46 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
It would have been more CONVINIENT for Batman to have killed the Joker. But should he have? Thats what many villains do, kill out of convinience. Batman is obviously not a villain.

Batman's will makes him a better character imo than heroes that just go around killing. The Joker even WANTS Batman to kill him on occassion. Joker has been known to egg Batman on. What kind of hero would Batman be if he succumbed and gave his greatest adversary what he wanted?
I know Joker would be happy to die by Batman's hand, that'd only prove his point. But the whole not killing bad guys out of principal only works in comicbooks. Im really respect heros like Spider-man who's trying to convince his teammates not to kill his greatest enemy, heck I wish I could be that noble, but Joker's killed how many people? Hundreds? Thousands? And he keeps escaping every time, if that was the case in the real life it would've been the right thing for Bats to kill him to prevent murders in the future, dont you think so?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 07:05 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

I know Joker would be happy to die by Batman's hand, that'd only prove his point. But the whole not killing bad guys out of principal only works in comicbooks. Im really respect heros like Spider-man who's trying to convince his teammates not to kill his greatest enemy, heck I wish I could be that noble, but Joker's killed how many people? Hundreds? Thousands? And he keeps escaping every time, if that was the case in the real life it would've been the right thing for Bats to kill him to prevent murders in the future, dont you think so?

Bats believes he has no right to decide who lives and who dies. The Justice System (Though admittedly corrupt) is the one who should end the Joker's life. I'm pretty sure Batman believes that whatever his adversary deserves is up to the Judge to decide. And to be honest, I agree with him. If I were in Batman's boots, I would'nt feel that I had the right to decide who lives and who dies.

Now the real question is why Joker hasnt been executed yet. (Aside from the obvious answer being the character's all around importance to the mythos and his popularity.)

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 07:11 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Bats believes he has no right to decide who lives and who dies. The Justice System (Though admittedly corrupt) is the one who should end the Joker's life. I'm pretty sure Batman believes that whatever his adversary deserves is up to the Judge to decide. And to be honest, I agree with him. If I were in Batman's boots, I would'nt feel that I had the right to decide who lives and who dies.

Now the real question is why Joker hasnt been executed yet. (Aside from the obvious answer being the character's all around importance to the mythos and his popularity.)

You're a good person then. Im pretty sure I would've killed him when he killed Jason Todd.

And he doesnt get executed because he's crazy. They do not execute mentally ill people. Also, there was a book where Joker got a death sentence ironically for a murder he didn't commit. But Batman cought the real killer before they carried out the execution. I guess if that was the movie Batman he would've waited for Joker to get killed before solving the murder.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 07:24 PM
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

I guess if that was the movie Batman he would've waited for Joker to get killed before solving the murder.

ROFLcopter. Whats the name of that book? It sounds like an interesting read.

I respect your opinion. Plenty of people would've have massacred the Joker if they were in Batman's position. I cant imagine killing anyone, and I realize that I would be no different from the Joker had I killed him. Thus I can relate to Batman's non-lethal war on crime.

quote:
Batman kills all the time in the comics.

But he's not supposed to. That's kinda why the franchise got rebooted.

Who does Batman kill in the comics? Lets stay keep it to intentional murders please.
Also the franchise got rebooted because Batman and Robin was such a terrible bomb, not because of anything that went against the mythos. Otherwise the franchise would have been rebooted in 89.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 07:38 PM