KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Michael Keaton as Batman better then christian bale?

Michael Keaton as Batman better then christian bale?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Michael Keaton as Batman better then christian bale?

Is christian bale' better at being batman or Michael Keaton ?? I saw Batman (1989) last night and forgot how good it was

What do you guys think?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2011 09:15 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Bale is the superior actor, and plays both sides of the coin better than Keaton did imo.

That said, Keaton didn't need to put on the scary voice to do a good Batman voice.

Bale is better in general, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 6th, 2011 09:18 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

some fans think Michael Keaton didnt do a good job as being batman

Old Post Feb 6th, 2011 09:21 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies

They're welcome to it; I'm not one of them.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 6th, 2011 09:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

IMO, Bale is the best overall Bruce Wayne/Batman
Keaton is the best Batman, but he sucks at being Wayne
Kilmer was the best Bruce Wayne, but his Batman was way, way to campy

Old Post Feb 6th, 2011 10:02 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

Keaton is the best Batman in live-action IMO. But he is also the worst Bruce Wayne in live-action.
Bale is the best Bruce Wayne in live-action. And his Batman is the second best Batman in live-action (first being Keaton).
Overall, Bale is better due to him being good as both Bruce Wayne and Batman while Keaton was only good as Batman.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2011 11:31 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Bale period, 'nuff said

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 7th, 2011 03:40 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It seems to be half and half as far as Bale goes. Most others I've seen think he's a terrible actor, whether it be as Batman (particularly his voice as Batman), Bruce Wayne, etc. But I agree with what most of this thread thinks.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2011 05:50 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Bale is so much better, as both Bruce and Batman.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2011 10:06 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

He did a good job as Batman he was just a lousy Batman.Bale is really the only true actor to play Batman the reason?
Keaton made a good Batman but sucked as Bruce Wayne.
Kilmer was bad as batman but was very good as Bruce Wayne
Clooney sucked in BOTH roles.
Bale was excellent in his portrayel of BOTH Bruce Wayne and Batman. wink

Old Post Feb 7th, 2011 10:20 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
IMO, Bale is the best overall Bruce Wayne/Batman
Keaton is the best Batman, but he sucks at being Wayne
Kilmer was the best Bruce Wayne, but his Batman was way, way to campy

could not have said it better myself. thumb up

Old Post Feb 7th, 2011 10:21 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Bale is great at both roles, but his Batman voice gets annoying in TDK. In Begins it was great.

Keaton was the best straight-up Batman of them all, imo. He had the cool, "mystery" factor that I love. With that said, his Bruce Wayne was very out-of-character.

Kilmer's Batman was pretty corny, but he captured the emotion of Bruce Wayne well, imo.

Clooney was just bad at everything.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2011 04:46 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Traction

I'd say Christian Bale. His performances as both Bruce Wayne/Batman were spot on.

Keaton wasn't so interesting as Bruce Wayne, but made for a decent, and some-what psychotic Batman.

^ Agreed with Bat Dude that Clooney was awful at everything.

Last edited by Traction on Feb 8th, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2011 11:58 AM
Traction is currently offline Click here to Send Traction a Private Message Find more posts by Traction Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

which is kind of sad when you see his record as an actor...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 8th, 2011 12:14 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Keaton was my favourite Batman. And his look pacticularly looked spot on.
Kilmer was a good Bruce. But his and Clooney's Batman were terrible.
Bale's Batman is a gritty realistic version. His voice made sense because people would be able to voice track him otherwise. I always laughed at the other Batmen having the exact same voice as Bruce.

But Keaton's Batman knew when to shutup when kicking ass.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2011 12:52 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

Originally posted by Bat Dude
Bale is great at both roles, but his Batman voice gets annoying in TDK. In Begins it was great.

Keaton was the best straight-up Batman of them all, imo. He had the cool, "mystery" factor that I love. With that said, his Bruce Wayne was very out-of-character.

Kilmer's Batman was pretty corny, but he captured the emotion of Bruce Wayne well, imo.

Clooney was just bad at everything.

100% Agreed thumb up

Old Post Feb 8th, 2011 08:04 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Traction

^ Agreed with Bat Dude that Clooney was awful at everything. [/B]

everybody pretty much agrees on that. big grin

Old Post Feb 8th, 2011 09:06 PM
General_Iroh
White Guy

Yeah I agree with what most people are saying, Keaton as Bruce Wayne I always found boring as hell. Bale is able to keep me entertained as both Wayne and Batman.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2011 10:53 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

You gotta seriously take into account just how heavy & bulky Keaton's Bat costume was.

Keaton could only walk stiffly in it, not run. He couldn't crouch at all & could only kick stiff legged. And lastly let's not forget the dude couldn't turn his head either.

In my opinion he played a bloody good Batman regardless of all the restrictions he was handicapped by.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2011 02:20 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I feel it should be pointed out that Clooney is in every way a great actor in his own right. Just wasn't the right kind of guy who should've been hired to play Batman..

Old Post Feb 11th, 2011 06:33 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote