KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Alternate Universe for the comics

Alternate Universe for the comics
Started by: CaptainInsano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CaptainInsano
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question Alternate Universe for the comics

How would you guys( hardcore fans of the comic and new guys) feel about an alternate universe for Batman. I wrote a summary for one book of an alternate universe. While it is no where near to being finished I think the idea behind it is sort of a breath of fresh air. Just tell me how you feel about an alternate universe and I'l give you a quick summary. Please give me your thoughts.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 11:31 PM
CaptainInsano is currently offline Click here to Send CaptainInsano a Private Message Find more posts by CaptainInsano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

An AU Batman, sounds cool...Unless he's wearing pink or dancing in a field of daisies. That would just be wrong

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 09:58 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptainInsano
Restricted

Account Restricted

Haha no I would never do that, basically what I was thinking is do something really extream like Joker kills everyone but robin and catwomen and he kills all the bad guys but Mr. Freeze, Penguin and Scarecrow so they pretty much take control of Gotham and Robin and Catwomen are trying to kill all of them. I haven't read the book death in the family but I heard it was pretty good so it would be something like that

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 02:20 PM
CaptainInsano is currently offline Click here to Send CaptainInsano a Private Message Find more posts by CaptainInsano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i dont know it would seem a bit pointless if you were just gonna show what batman would be like in another alternate universe, but if your like mixing the two different batman characters from the different times then that would be really interesting, cuz theyve tried that before with other characters where they just show you what the hero is like in another time which is like ' umm ok but where is the superhero i know and love" not many light weight intellects could handle that diversity, I mean would the two alternate existences tie in at all together?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 08:14 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptainInsano
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like the darker batman that there is now. But the point of the story or one of the big stories (if people like it) is based around robin or nightwing and he avenges bruce's death. So this one at least would be centered around nightwing.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 08:40 PM
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

I think it sounds cool, I would really like to see that! I love comics being dark

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 07:11 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah the new dark knight series are nice, thatd be cool to see night wing avenge bruce's death

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 11:09 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptainInsano
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok thanks guys

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 12:01 AM
CaptainInsano
Restricted

Account Restricted

What do you guys think about the "no man's land" series? I am thinking about checking it out.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 04:16 AM
Asian Hulk

How do you think about the batguys!!!!

Attachment: bats.jpg
This has been downloaded 39 time(s).

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 01:52 PM
Asian Hulk is currently offline Click here to Send Asian Hulk a Private Message Find more posts by Asian Hulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Alternate universes have been done many times for the Batman and Superman. DC have to boost ratings somehow.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 11:35 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

You mean Elseworlds? Hardely a DC invention, even if Marvel calls them something different. Some of them are good; many of them are not.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 02:49 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote