KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Christmas Eve: Silence is Golden...

Christmas Eve: Silence is Golden...
Started by: Sylvannas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sylvannas
Who's your mommy?

Sleep Christmas Eve: Silence is Golden...

OOC: This is a little mix of character development for a new character that I'm trying to get the feel for, with a little bit of Christmas flavor. Any comments or criticism or occasional flames are allowed, and I'll try to bump this a few times if nobody responds. I hope you enjoy, and Merry early Christmas. ^.^

Christmas Eve: Silence is Golden…

A single frozen star cast it’s misty crystal glow upon a sleepy village in Germany. At midnight, in an ancient rural town of no more than 5,000, even the faintest glow of a shattering light in the silky scarlet sky seems to give birth to a thousand new worlds. Beyond the dominant glow in the sky shone an infinity of diamonds crushed gently upon the veil of Earth’s chilled blanket. Each house was covered in a silent shroud of pure white snow, while the candle streetlights cast an eerie glow over the wintry darkness, washing them over with a warm, orange fog.

Standing under the ancient stone archway of a nameless church, watching the heavy snow fall in a steady pattern, Katherine Anderson tightened her blue denim jacket, and waited. Katherine waited, waiting for something that would never come: humanity. Upon Christmas Eve, only a few minutes before the birth of the savior of man was to be remembered, she could only dream of what a savior could feel like. All these people who did not know of a mortal redeemer, or did not care, bestowed a heavier burden upon Katherine’s heart than the weight of the world on her shoulders. As her despairing amber eyes focused on the brightest star in the sky, Katherine could hear a muffled singing in the near distance, singing ‘Silent Night’. The true irony of the entire situation was that it was, in fact, a deathly, silent night.

In that singular moment of nothingness, when the world stood still for only a second in time, Katherine heard the sound of her mournfully distant salvation…ringing away from her. Deep bass emanated from the church she was standing by; the church that locked her out.

Bong...

Bong...

Bong...

Bong...

Darkened by an overwhelming feeling of hopelessness, Katherine pulled her collar around her neck tightly, and began to walk away from the chapel, cast faithlessly into the frozen, stone streets. As she continued to walk, voices and words came to her mind, yet no pictures came. She was devoid of color-devoid of vision-devoid of hope. Could a artificial imitation of a uncaring being even possess a soul? She thought not…

Bong…

Bong…

Bong…

Bong…

Her aimless walk persisted, as she continued to seek something that she could not quite lay her finger on. Several voices of rejoice could be heard faintly from inside houses; houses that had their blinds closed to the outside. Maybe this sweet release from worry, and sorrow, and care, was what Katherine needed most? Yet deep inside, she somehow desired that beautiful notion of dependency; that romantic idea of when you stumble, someone would always be their to pick you up. However, that feeling would not come to her…not today…

Bong…

Bong…

Bong…

Bong…

Midnight…

The world passes her by. Nothing more than a drop of blood into a continuously flowing river. She wanted to feel…she wanted to see…not just in that simple, carnal sense, but instead, in that simple, distant sense. As her eyes slowly returned to that frozen capsule in the sky, Katherine ceased to walk, and stood alone in the street. So much fulfillment that she would never feel fill him, the effortlessly filled the sky. That beautiful song that she had heard earlier had now diluted into the biting winds. “Even if I lack something more vital than any organ or cell in my body, I cannot surrender. After death, I will find that faith that will carry me away into the unforgiving darkness. I pray to something, someone, that I’ve yet to meet, that I will learn to feel. In the embracing darkness, here and now, I will begin…to believe.” As soon as the warm frost fled his emptying ‘sigh’, Katherine began to walk away once again. As she slowly melted into the swiftly enrapturing shadow, no more voices could be heard…nor could the singing. Now, in the still of the night, Katherine could have sworn she felt something take her by the hand, and tell her that 'you'll be alright'. In that silence, she could feel it, and in that silence, she could hear it. Now…in that silence, she began to believe it. Completely hidden now by the creeping, inky darkness, one thing came to her mind, either by her own contemplation, or by the voice of He who now held his hand: Silence is Golden.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 11:24 PM
Sylvannas is currently offline Click here to Send Sylvannas a Private Message Find more posts by Sylvannas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Interesting, Sylvannas! Damn good writer!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 06:52 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote