KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » What It Means To Be Friends (X-Men 2: Pyro Fic)

What It Means To Be Friends (X-Men 2: Pyro Fic)
Started by: FragileHaloRyuu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FragileHaloRyuu
Ruroni Black Mage

What It Means To Be Friends (X-Men 2: Pyro Fic)

What It Means To Be Friends

A/N: This is a story about how Iceman (Bobby) felt about Pyro (Jon) joining Magneto (Eric). It starts at the end of X-2: X-Men United. The pairs are Iceman/Rogue, Pyro/OC. Also it may contain SPOILERS!

I don’t own X-Men.

Chapter One: Treachery

(Pyro’s POV)

‘That’s it, I’ve had enough of waiting. Why do they always do this, leaving us behind like kids…we can take care of ourselves.’

I quickly muttered something about being at the kid’s table and attempted to leave. I was sick of waiting around for the adults to come get us. I expected Bobby to come with me, instead he stopped me. He gave me some bs about they told us to stay here.

I saw past that though, it had nothing to do with rules. It was about Rogue. Ever since they hooked up, if you can even call it that, he’s been Mr. Straight Arrow. To be honest, he was pussy whipped. Except, he didn’t get pussy for being whipped, no he had his life force get drained out of him.

He was really beginning to irritate me with that crap. I mean at the museum it was okay, I was kinda in the wrong. But once was too many. “Do you always follow the rules?” I asked him simply while I grabbed a jacket.

With that I walked down the ramp and proceeded towards the underground base. It was further than I thought it was. ‘No big deal,’ I thought. ‘So I’ll have to do a little walking.’

I got about half way to the entrance, when this…annoying noise beat the hell out of my eardrums. It was so horrible, it made me drop to my knees and grab my head. I don’t know how long it went on, but I eventually ended up on my back in the snow. I thought it was never going to end, but it did.

I stayed on the ground, stunned and amazed. After a minute, I found enough strength and sense to get on my feet. I stared at my feet for a second, ‘Maybe I should go back.’ I only thought that for a second though.

I stood there, not knowing what to do at all. For once in my life, I was afraid. I stood there, for how long I don’t know. It was a noise that finally got me out of my stupor. But it wasn’t the shrill and annoying sound that happened before. It was a helicopter. I looked at it, as if it were the first I’d ever seen in my life. Inside were Mystique and Magneto.

I went to them, I don’t know why though. Maybe it was just that… ‘Hell I don’t know. Nothin’ keepin’ me at the Institute anyway.’

"Another sad moment came at that date was toward the end of the set I saw one poor f***er with a NIN t-shirt, holding it up. Seconds later I saw scuffling and no more NIN t-shirt."- Trent Reznor.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 09:31 PM
FragileHaloRyuu is currently offline Click here to Send FragileHaloRyuu a Private Message Find more posts by FragileHaloRyuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FragileHaloRyuu
Ruroni Black Mage

A/N: Thanks for reviewing. I am sorry, I forgot about spoilers. There are some in this chapter as well as the one prior. I should’ve deleted the last summary, no summary I make is ever what I end up with.

Also, I have Professor X making a statement, but he wasn’t the one to make it in the movie.

I don’t own X-Men.

Chapter 2: Taken

(Iceman’s POV)

“Where’s Jon?” I heard Rogue ask worriedly. It was only then I remembered he went out to get the adults. I thought he was with the others, but…I began to panic. Jon always did stupid disappearing tricks, but now was not the time.

“He’s with Magneto.” Professor Xavier said nonchalantly. I looked down at my feet, shocked. I looked at Wolverine, he had the same reaction. ‘Dammit,’ I thought despairingly. ‘How could you! We might…we’ll never see each other…WHY!’

Rogue looked at me dejectedly, we’d lost a friend today. Now we might lose ourselves…or so I thought. I look back on it now and I think, ‘This is it. We’ll never see Jon again, or I’ll never be able to hold hands with Rogue.’ Sometimes I think it would be best that way, at least I’d never have to face off against Jon.

Alas, fate is never so kind. I was probably mentally a million miles away, but I could still hear Scott screaming about Jean. Both Scott and Wolverine were panicking. I t was then, after giving the X-Jet a once over, I realized Jean was gone. The jet itself was now online and taking off.

It seems Jean had sacrificed herself for us. I heard Kurt give Jean her last rites as the jet flew for Washington, D.C. All I could think about was Jon and Jean, the two people we had lost today. One to treachery, the other to death.

"Another sad moment came at that date was toward the end of the set I saw one poor f***er with a NIN t-shirt, holding it up. Seconds later I saw scuffling and no more NIN t-shirt."- Trent Reznor.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 04:56 PM
FragileHaloRyuu is currently offline Click here to Send FragileHaloRyuu a Private Message Find more posts by FragileHaloRyuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FragileHaloRyuu
Ruroni Black Mage

A/N: I “borrowed” the names from Yu-Gi-Oh!. I love that show and I love Marik/Malik.

I don’t own X-Men.

Chapter 3: Goodbye Malik

(Pyro’s POV)

I looked around at new home, it was in a word…sunny. I guess Magneto liked a lot of sunshine. I didn’t mind, I needed a tan anyway. It was a huge penthouse in New York, with an excellent view of downtown New York. Inwardly, I wanted the dark, seclusion of the Institute. But at least I had my own room and most everyone in the building was mutant anyway.

I lay on my back in the bed, Magneto provided me with. I longed for Bobby’s companionship, but I knew that, that could not happen. I suddenly thought of Malik, I’d never be allowed to even meet her. I chose…I chose to fight against her.

I pictured her in my head…her long, black hair and big, dark chocolate eyes. Her sweet mouth in her trademark goofy smile. “Oh! Don’t forget her glasses!” I said out loud suddenly. “Nor those big melons…” I cracked a semi-perverted smile. Don’t get me wrong, I loved her personality too. She’s a little nerdy…but that made her all the more…more…loveable.

I grew sad, knowing Magneto would never accept her. She didn’t hate mutants, she wasn’t like most normal humans. I’d seen her openly stand up for mutants who were being bullied. She was smart too, more than once the professor had wiped her mind because she knew too much. I knew she would never tell though, she’d never betray our trust.

‘That’s it,” I said, making up my mind. “I have to see her one last time. I owe her that much.” With that I got off my bed and walked out my apartment with my shark lighter and a light jacket. I probably should have checked my hair, but I just really wanted to see her.

~*~

(Pyro’s POV)

In two hours, by motorcycle, I had made my way across the city in the general direction of the Institute and the specific direction of Malik. I was filled with a wave of joy and sorrow, I wanted to see her, but it was going to be the last time I see her. I didn’t want it to be, but I made my choice, I couldn’t go back on it.

I soon found myself in front of her house, I hoped her parents weren’t home. They were racist and anti-mutant. Maybe that should be parent, her father Marik was the real problem. Her mother…she was an “absentee” parent.

I then remembered it was Saturday, she should be home and her father gone. At that point I was nervous, I didn’t quite know why. But I was…instead of knocking on the front door I went to the side yard and shimmied up to her bedroom window. I looked in, surprisingly, I saw no one.

“Well where is she?” I asked dumbly. I nearly fell off her windowsill from it. I made a loud noise when that happened. I saw the ground, which in a few seconds would be up close and personal. I looked back up, and surprise, surprise, she appeared in the window.

(Malik’s POV)

I stared at this whacked out, weirdo who was hanging on my windowsill. At first I was going to leave him. But then I recognized him. I quickly opened the window, the screen had long been gone, and pulled him inside.

“Jon! Where the hell have you been! Your friends were over here looking for you!” She yelled after she pulled him in. He looked at me dumbfounded.

(Third Person POV)

‘Didn’t think they’d care…’ Jon thought. He stood quiet for a second by this new revelation. “Yeah, well who cares.” He said nonchalantly. He looked at her, smirking, he then noticed her facial expression.

“What’s wrong?” Jon asked. She turned away from him, trying to hide her face. He walked slowly over to her, gently, he touched her shoulder. She looked at him sadly and sighed, “Dad said-” She began.

“Dad said, Dad said, Dad said, that’s all I hear from you.” Jon complained. She turned around, angry. “Sorry…I didn’t mean to make you angry. The real reason I came to see you is to say goodbye.”

The last sentence came out as a whisper. “What! You can’t say goodbye!” Malik shouted. She stared at him before continuing, “Where…where are you going?”

“I am going…some place you can’t go. I didn’t want to leave without saying goodbye.” He said after a pause.

She ran over and hugged him, and in tears she said, “But why? What’s going on?”

He sighed, “I am sorry…look, there’s a war going on between humans and mutants-”

“Don’t give me that crap!” She said fiercely. “And why did you say it like that? We’re all the same…if anything we should be jealous because we haven’t evolved.”

They stood in each other arms for a minute. “Malik,” Jon said. “I am sorry. You’re too much of an idealist, but I like that you think we’re the same. Goodbye.”

Without another word, Jon disappeared. He went through the window, and ran off. “Goodbye Jon.”

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 10:16 AM
FragileHaloRyuu
Ruroni Black Mage

A/N: Long chapter ahead.

I don’t own X-Men. And goes for the rest of the chapters.

Chapter 4: The Outcast Returns Home pt.1

(Third Person POV)

Jon walked over to his motorcycle, when he reached it he took one last look at Malik’s house. He watched Malik’s father pull into their driveway, “You’ve got no time for this.” A voice from behind said. Surprised, he looked over his shoulder. It was Magneto.

(Pyro’s POV)

Inside I jumped when Magneto said that, he scared the hell out of me. I looked at my bike and sighed. “What do you want?” I droned.

At first he was silent, then he finally spoke. “You might as well forget her, no use being a modern day Romeo and Juliet.”

I stayed silent, not knowing what to say. But he seemed to say a thought on my mind. “You feel outcast don’t you?”

I slowly shook my head, “Yes.”

“Its no surprise…all one has to do is look at the events of the past week.” He said almost jokingly. I looked at him surprised, I never really thought I was an outcast until that day at the museum.

I remember it so clearly, it was a defining moment in male friendships when you realize that the girlfriend had outclassed you. ‘What was wrong with playin’ around with the guy? If anything I should be thanked, cigarettes were gonna kill the idiot anyway. I was just trying to prolong the inevitable.’ I thought bitterly.

All I did was refuse to give the guy a light, and then he took my lighter from me when Bobby distracted me. I lost some self-control at that, so I really gave the guy a light. Then Professor Xavier did his little trick and I got chewed out. And that wasn’t the only time either, I did nothing wrong aside from that. I could justify all my actions realistically and rationally.

I suddenly wanted to get away, get away from all this…this bullshit! I can’t stand it. It’s all her fault, she’s the reason I feel this way. I quickly rode away from him, knowing he could always bring me back if he really wanted too. He didn’t, and I found myself weaving a path towards the Institute.

~*~

(Pyro’s POV)

It seemed only a few seconds ago I was at Malik’s. Now I found myself at the gates of the Institute. I was debating if I should storm the place, sneak in, or just enter like a civilized person. ‘The second option, definitely.’ I thought. ‘At least then only the Professor would know.’

I quickly slipped in through the gates, it reminded me of when I used to sneak in to the Institute after breaking curfew with Malik and Bobby. At least when it was just us, anyway, it amazed how easy it was to get into this place. There had been two attacks on this place and both times it was breached in a matter of minutes.

I quickly made my way through the courtyard, past the basketball court to the garage. It was open, someone was in there, but I couldn’t quiet tell who. I quickly checked around me to make sure no one was around, I even checked above me. There were only a few mutants here who could fly, but most of the time they were grounded.

I finally heard the voice of the person in the garage. It was Jubilee, but wait, someone was there with her. ‘Rogue…’ I thought angrily. She was talking about me to Jubilee. I listened intently.

“I can’t believe he really left.” Jubilee said. She sounded disappointed.

“Me neither.” Rogue began. “I mean he was there with us through so much…” She shook her head reminiscing. “We were all on the plane when we realized he was gone…it was Jean who told us. Logan and Bobby were so upset.”

“I can’t believe she’s gone. She was sorta my role model.” Jubilee said, flushing. There was no reason to be embarrassed about that really, she was respectable.

The girls quietly giggled, and then left the garage. I assumed they were going to back to the rec room. There was really nothing else to do in the Mansion besides go to class or hangout. And there was no class on Saturday. After making sure I was no one was around or in the garage, I went through the same door Jubilee and Rogue had left through.

In a matter of minutes I saw the room I shared with, Piotr (A/N: Colossus is Piotr Rasputin, he was the big guy in metal who was helping the kids escape from the mansion when Striker attacked.). I quickly looked around the hall and in the room before entered.

‘This is like crossing a threshold, that isn’t a threshold.’ I thought. If I was confused before I came in. I was now definitely berserk…I looked around the room.

Pitro’s side was pretty much clean…mine was a disaster zone. I had clothes strewed around everywhere, with an assortment of lighters on my dresser. There were papers with drawing and writings all over the place, along with magazines featuring all my favorite bands. I frowned suddenly, realizing my poster with A Perfect Circle on it was missing.

I normally don’t like bands that heavy, I liked Offspring and Bad Religion. But Maynard James Keenan and Trent Reznor, those were some characters. I guess it was because they were very blunt and honest. I like it when people were blunt.

‘Oh well,’ I thought. ‘Easy come easy go.’ I walked over to the dresser and picked out a few lighters that were on it. When the mansion was raided, I decide to save my favorite lighter, Bruce. I had it since I was ten, I used it to…well that’s another story. Anyway, I searched through the dressers. I find my favorite t-shirt, it was a NIN t-shirt from their last tour.

I took it out, on the back it read, “Where the **** were you?” ‘Did I say that, or think that?’ I asked myself. ‘Definitely thought that. So then…’ I turned to the door and looked. It was Logan.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 04:59 PM