KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Star Wars: Holocron

Star Wars: Holocron
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Star Wars: Holocron

This is a story I began some time ago, and I suppose I'll post it to see if people think it is worth finishing! ~ REX

Chapter 1: Lair of the Hutt

“It’s ludicrous how two people can take on a whole security force and kill a Senator without being seen or heard.”

“They were stealthy, I can assure you.”

“Well, we have no leads, we cannot possibly track them down. They deleted all security files.”

“What were they after?”

“Senator Ralben Bixbyn, and few of his computer files and precious belongings.”

“Computer files?”

“It seemed Bixbyn had some illegal operations going somewhere, but those two hacked into his network and wiped everything clean, so we don‘t know where, exactly.”

“And the precious belongings?”

“Mostly just jewelry. And his wallet. Long gone.”

“I daresay that wallet had lots of credits in it.”

“Of course, he’s a Senator! Senators always have vast amounts of cash stored on some moon near their home world or something crazy like that.”

“And you have not found any other leads?”

“No. We had an eyewitness, but he died of his wounds.”

“What kind of wounds?”

“It looked as if he had been burned. All clothing, hair, skin, and muscle had been burned off where he had been hit. We think it was an illegal blaster weapon of some kind...”

“Hmm...I am unsure about that.”

“It is possible that it was a charric weapon. He had been thrown back against a wall after being shot, he said.”

“What else did he say?”

“He could not describe them, but he managed to tell me that they moved faster than humanly possible. They also used an array of silent but deadly weapons. The woman entered first and disarmed most of the security guards. The man entered second and used various knives, including this...”

The police officer pulled a knife out of a bag with a gloved hand, treating it as evidence. It was small and handheld, the sharp edges silvery and stained with blood. The officer pushed a button on the hilt of the knife and the blade jumped forwards eight inches.

“We did a search on such a weapon. It’s known as a punch-dagger.”

“It is a deadly weapon, to be sure. Who was it used on?”

“Senator Bixbyn. We found it embedded in his gut. Wasn’t pretty...”

“Thank you, Officer Lorn, I believe we have heard everything we needed to hear.”

“Any time, Master Jedi.”

The two Jedi walked off of the screen. The officer and his cohorts continued milling around, cleaning up the mess and putting dead security guards in body bags. The woman watching the security screen chuckled as the officer swiped some of the jewelry that had been left behind.

“Do they have any leads, Ranica?”

“None at all, Arthus.”

“Good, very good...”

Ranica and Arthus were the two that had killed Bixbyn and stolen precious information on his illegal smuggling operations in Hutt Space. The two of them had been called many things: assassins, hackers, insurgents, terrorists, spies, ninjas, and many more. But only the Jedi knew what they really were. They were Dark Jedi.

Arthus Brand was a tall, burly man. His hair was black, spiked and bleached at the tips. He wore the robes of a Jedi Knight, but had dyed them black and gray, much darker than the calm brown shades of the Jedi. He was still young, about twenty-five years old. His face was very chiseled and his body was brawny and tan. He had once been a Jedi Knight, but decided that it was too much for him, and freed a Dark Jedi from the prisons to find power on a different route.

Ranica was a nimble, curvy girl. Her hair was blonde and styled like that of an Alderaanian princess or noblewoman. Unlike the commanding robes that Arthus wore, she wore red neo-leather trousers and a matching jacket, an average civilian clothing. She was nearly twenty. Her body was curved and her skin evenly tan and smooth. She had never been a Jedi and had received training from a Dark Jedi on Tatooine, her home world.

What they were currently doing was looking in on the apartment of Senator Bixbyn through the security system. Ranica was an expert hacker, and had been stealing the computer files from the Senator’s computer, as well as taking control of the lone security holocam they had left active. Ranica and Arthus had destroyed the rest of them by snipping wires or using the Force to fry them with bolts of fire from their palms.

“Cut the connection to the camera, we don’t need to watch them any more.”

“I want to have Officer Lorn blackmailed, put him out of service for awhile for stealing. He’s the head of the law enforcement being put on our case.”

“Alright, make a copy of it and send it to whoever you plan on sending it to. We’ve got to get to Traleth and show him our success. I much desire to see if he’s held his end of the bargain.”

Ranica made a copy of the holocam video and sent it as an untraceable file to the police department as quickly as she could and then cut the connection as Arthus had said for her to do. Then the two of them left their quarters and marched out onto the streets of Nar Shaddaa.

The night was bustling with activity. Cantinas were crowded, the airspeeder lanes full of zooming ships, and lights were bright. Aliens and humans alike were shuffling from shop to shop, club to club, looking to participate in the nightlife of Nar Shaddaa. Whether they were partying in clubs or wandering aimlessly, they were on an exciting and dangerous planet nonetheless.

Arthus and Ranica had to be careful on nights like this. Bounty hunters were very common on Nar Shaddaa, and they were wanted for murder. When they had first arrived on Nar Shaddaa, they were attacked by a foolhardy bounty hunter with lots of guns. Guns are not enough to kill two highly dangerous Dark Jedi though. Their attacker was pummeled to death by Arthus’s buzz-knuckle-bearing fists.

After their sojourn from their apartment, they arrived at their destination. The tall building was covered in beryllius, a silvery metal that gave the building a worn look, but Arthus knew it was just a decoration. Underneath was alantium-axidite armor plating. Ranica admired the beauty of the beryllius for a brief moment, then followed Arthus to the entrance.

They walked into the building through the spinning glass door, directly into the nightclub that Traleth owned. Karduran Acrobats flipped around on trapeze and made human pyramids while Figrin D’an and the Modal Nodes played some fiery music, the leader of the band playing a fast, upbeat solo on his kloo horn.

“Arthus, Red Shift Limit and Proton Overload are scheduled to perform after the Nodes,” Ranica alerted him with a teasing grin. “Aren’t those my favorite bands?”

“Yes, but our meeting with Traleth is a more pressing matter,” Arthus said quietly. “We can come down stairs later and listen, if you like.”

“Oh, alright...”

Suddenly they were confronted by the club bouncer, a Rodian with twin blaster pistols at his waist. He asked for their tickets to get into the club, since Traleth had hired such expensive and highly sought-after bands for the evening.

“You do not need our tickets,” Arthus assured passively, waving his hand in front of the bouncer’s face.

“I do not need your tickets...”

“You will let us enter the club without paying, since we are friends of Traleth.”

“I will let you enter the club without paying, since you are friends of Traleth...”

“You will lead us to him.”

“I will lead you to him...” The Rodian looked confused for a moment, then motioned for them to follow him. They went up a flight of stairs to a private elevator. The lift took them up a few floors and stopped. The Rodian stepped out into a dim room. The office was circular and was made of various types of stone, with paintings and sculptures by famous artists scattered throughout the room.

“Your Excellency, I have brought you visitors that said they were friends of yours...” the Rodian said uncertainly.

A voice answered, speaking in Huttese. “Yeepo, I told you that I did not want visitors.”

Arthus replied in Huttese, shoving the bouncer aside. “Have you forgotten that our meeting was scheduled for this time, Traleth Anjiliac Ruirea?”

Sitting on a mirripin near the far side of the room was an enormous Hutt, a slimy, slug-like alien with short, stubby arms, huge brown eyes, and a wide drooling mouth. The greenish-brown skin of the creature was incredibly thick, covered with an oily mixture of mucus and sweat. The boneless creature was like a massive blob.

The Hutt laughed heartily. “Welcome, Arthus Brand. I did not expect to see you again so soon.”

“Your ‘test’ was not amusing, nor was it difficult. Bounty hunters and assassins are hard to come by unless you have contacts within Aic, Black Sun, or the Mecrossa Order. I suggest you do not waste them on us.”

Traleth laughed again. “I found it impressive,” the Hutt said. “It shows that you alone are better than ten of my best assassins. You have been with the Mecrossa Order before, have you not?”

“That is where my skills as an assassin and poison-maker come from, your Highness,” Arthus told him, bowing. “Ranica trained with Aic and is an expert spy, as you know.”

“Yes, I know...” The Hutt sat in thought for a moment. “So, I have received word from my sources that Senator Ralben Bixbyn is dead by your hand.”

“We committed the murder last night. Ranica hacked the building’s security system and removed all holocam files, and made sure that they knew nothing other than a man and a woman killed him. Jedi have been put on the case, but if we have fears of them, it fuels our power.”

“Did you bring the coordinates of Bixbyn’s illegal smuggling routes?”

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 06:56 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Arthus tossed a disc containing the information to Rupert Okvist, Traleth’s right hand man. The Arkanian assassin looked it over with his pale, milky-blue eyes, and told Traleth that they were indeed the coordinates.

“Excellent...” The Hutt remained silent for another moment.

Arthus broke the silence. “Have you held your end of the bargain?”

“Yes, of course. But I am going to change the bargain a bit...”

Arthus frowned. “How so, Traleth?”

“You wanted my men to find a Holocron of Sith origin on the black market, rather than receiving a reward in credits.”

“Yes, that was what I asked for.”

“It seems that my men found one of these things...”

“Good, I will take it now.”

“No, you will not. My men were killed by mysterious assassins on Corbrinvin and they took the Holocron. You will have to get it back yourself. In the mean time, I wish for you to do another job for me.”

Now Arthus was getting angry. “What would that be, oh Great One?” he asked through gritted teeth.

“I want you to kill the Senator’s aide. Since Senator Bixbyn is dead, his aide, Trelas Motva, will become Senator, and negotiations with the Hutts will continue. Motva is more about justice rather than flouting his position in the Senate. If anything comes of the negotiations, I will not be able to use those smuggling routes that you stole from Bixbyn’s computer, and your work will have been for nothing.”

Arthus looked at the floor. So Traleth had lost his Holocron?

Ranica piped up for the first time. “We’ll do it. If anything comes of the negotiations, it is likely that you will not be able to get more from us, or us get more from you.”

“Excellent. I trust you can do this on your own without having any of my assassins with you?”

Arthus looked up. “No, your assassins would get in the way. But I want you to have your men to find out where those mysterious assassins took my Holocron. The information in that little cube is valuable to me.”

“Agreed. I will have Rupert get on it right away...” Traleth said, then turned his lumpy face towards Rupert. “Pidunki ama to yako!” he ordered in Huttese, and Rupert came over to him as the two Dark Jedi left.

“I cannot believe he did that,” Arthus seethed. “He knows how much we want those. He’s probably trying to get more out of the bargain than originally planned.”

“Most likely, but we aren’t going to be able to do anything about it. If we kill a Hutt crime lord, it’s a ninety-nine percent chance that every other Hutt in the Anjiliac clan will be after us.”

“That is not a problem to me. They’ll just send goons.”

“A lot of goons.”

“Whatever, let’s just start planning this thing down the nightclub...”

The two of them returned to the nightclub. The Karduran Acrobats and the Modal Nodes had left the stage, and now Proton Overload was performing. The lead singer was playing a solo on his mandoviol and screaming into the microphone, backed up by a bass mando and a tympanic pulser. Arthus merely nodded his head with the raging rock tune as the crowd danced around him, and he dragged Ranica to the bar.

“We’ll have two Flaming Wookiees...” Arthus started saying to the bartender, then remembered something. “Actually, we’ll have two bottles of Idlewil Liquor. I’m sure my friend, his Excellency, keeps such a wine in stock.”

The Besilisk bartender raised a bushy eyebrow. “Are you sure you want to buy Idlewil Liquor? It is some of the most expensive wine in the known universe.”

“Yes, of course I’m sure.”

The bartender shrugged and turned around, plucking two bottles from the rack and handing them to Arthus.

“How will our young master being paying for this?” the bartender asked mockingly.

“With my credits of course...” Arthus scoffed. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a wallet made of leathris, which had at one point belonged to Senator Ralben Bixbyn. He pulled out the right amount of credits and forked them over.

The Besilisk merely looked at them. “How did you come by a wallet with the initials of late Senator Bixbyn sewn into it?”

Arthus swore quietly and looked at the wallet, which had “R. B.” sewn into it in a type of black thread that shimmered slightly. “I...uh...found it?”

“Good enough for me, if you give me an extra two hundred credits. That low-life Bixbyn forgot to pay last time he drank here...”

Arthus nodded and forked over the extra money, tucking the wallet back into his pocket. He had killed Bixbyn for his own profit, but in killing him had done some good for most of the planet. The fact that he had served others in some way, even secretly, disgusted him. He only looked out for Ranica and himself, and whoever else he could make profit from. Still, he could continue profiting from that. Through the underworld of the Nar Shaddaa, Arthus could get his hands on Sith Holocrons in return for simple assassinations. If Senator Motva continued the negotiations with the Hutts, Arthus would have to find an alternative.

Proton Overload moved into the next song, the bass mando player strumming out quick, low notes. The crowd shouted with recognition of their signature song, “Shoot First,” and continued moving to the beat as the lead singer started the lyrics.

“So, any planning we should do right now while we’re sitting here?” Ranica asked.

“None, except for that I think we should contact the others for help on this one,” suggested Arthus. “They’ll help if they know it helps us get that Holocron Traleth promised.”

Arthus filled his glass with the Idlewil Liquor, getting a little drowsy as the night wore on. Despite his weariness, he could never block out the messages the Force sent him occasionally. Suddenly, he had a feeling that other beings that were capable of manipulating the Force were nearby.

“Excuse me, sir,” said a man in dark gray robes, his hood up, brushing past him towards the stage and crazed fans.

In a flash, Arthus had risen from his seat and gripped the man’s forearm, yanking it forwards and squeezing tightly. A small piece of black metal, inlaid with silver filigree, fell to the ground. What was it? Was that what the Force told him was dangerous?

Arthus soon found out what it was, and why it was dangerous. The man in gray robes pushed a small round object in Arthus’s face and it exploded in a flash of light and dust. Arthus felt disoriented as soon as he took a breath after the burst, and he stumbled back against the bar. The man extended a hand, and Arthus thought he had called the black piece of metal to his hand by will, as if with the Force. He was not sure, due to the effects of the grenade, which had contained a small amount of Bothan stun spore. He splashed a cup of cold water in his face and shook himself, holding his breath and getting out of the cloud of spores.

The man had the metal bit in his hand again, and a knife flipped out of it. He slashed at Arthus with quick, short blows with the weapon, but, with the Force, Arthus predicted his blows and got out of the way quickly. The man followed up quickly, kicking Arthus in the stomach several times. The small knife grazed Arthus’s cheek.

Arthus was getting angry now, and activated his buzz-knuckles, which gave a small shock when it came into contact with flesh. He swung his fist and missed the man, who had moved quickly to his side. The man tried to jab the knife into his ribcage, countered with a kick to the elbow by Arthus. Arthus punched at the man’s own ribcage, hitting it with a satisfying buzz. The shock illuminated the man’s ribs for a moment, and then he fell to the ground from the might of Arthus’s blow.

The fighting between the two continued for awhile. Proton Overload had stopped playing and everyone had turned to watch the fight. With everyone watching, Arthus had to strongly resist the urge to use the Force to his advantage, to push the man through a wall or grip his throat mentally. If he did use the Force, everyone would know his nature. Jedi do not kill people with the Force on purpose, as he did.

Shots flew from the barrels of heavy repeaters on the second floor. Two more men in dark gray robes opened fire on Arthus’s position, splintering the bar and the floor with hundreds of metal bolts. The man Arthus had been fighting jumped behind the bar as the hail of fire erupted. Arthus followed, nearly landing on his knife. On top of him, Arthus strangled him, using his knee to pin down the hand with the knife. The man stopped moving.

Ranica, meanwhile, had hidden herself in the crowd while Arthus had been fighting. Seeing the men with heavy repeaters, she dashed from the crowd, leaped onto the bar, and jumped up to the second floor. She landed on the railing, and planted a firm kick in the face of the first man, knocking him into the second man. A sweeping kick sent them to the ground. Ranica grabbed their repeaters and tossed one down to Arthus, who had jumped out of the bar. She used the other to kill one of the men she had beaten, and dragged the other behind her.

“Come on, Arthus, we need to do some...interrogation...” Ranica muttered, marching out of the nightclub. Proton Overload began playing again and the crowd stopped watching them.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 07:06 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

They dragged the man into an alleyway nearby. Arthus pressed him up against the wall, gripping the scruff of his neck tightly.

“Who are you and who sent you?” Arthus asked, shaking him.

“The Sith do not like your interests in their secrets!” the man shouted.

“Shut up!” Arthus shouted back, smashing his fist across his face. “Keep quiet. Now, who are you and who sent you?”

“The Sith do not like your interests...”

“You said that already. You aren’t answering my questions.”

“I am sworn to protect their secrets...”

“Answer the questions!”

“...from grave robbers like you!”

“Shut up and answer my damn questions!”

“Thajkon wishes for them to live on, to use their powers to bring them back...”

“Thajkon? Who the hell is he? Where is he?”

“You merely wish to use their powers to benefit you...”

“Where is this Thajkon?!”

The man started laughing maniacally. “If you think I am going to tell you, you are sadly, very sadly, mistaken...”

“I’ve heard enough,” Ranica muttered. “Kill this loser.” Arthus agreed and lifted his hand, using the Force to constrict his throat and suffocate him. The man struggled for a moment, then lifted his own hand. Arthus was forced to release his grip, having been pushed backwards.

“He can use the Force,” Arthus alerted Ranica.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 07:06 PM
joelsef
all u people are vampires

Whats up Rex? Its been so long since ive been here... i like yur story keep goin man!

Just pretend the camera is a wand!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 07:08 PM
joelsef is currently offline Click here to Send joelsef a Private Message Find more posts by joelsef Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Uhoh, Joelsef! Run away! stick out tongue

Long time no see, Joe, glad you liked that little snippet. Quite frankly, that's all I have of that one. Check out my others...I've written lots... shifty

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 03:32 AM
The Rover

~Nice work as usual, REX.
Hmm, I have a proposition for you...~

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 03:59 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

REALLY, ARC... wink

We'll see when I finish Chapter 2 for this one.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 08:56 AM
The Rover

wink

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 09:01 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

When the hell did you post this?

...must have been when I was out of town...

Anyway, very cool thumb up

I'm starting on Rianna's story, by the way big grin

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 08:10 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote