KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » A weird little story...

A weird little story...
Started by: Shadowskill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shadowskill
The Mourning Sage

A weird little story...

I like this story, though it kinda gets off to a boring start, but that will all be changed.

Here goes, tell me what you think!
Sir Lance rode for the entrance of his castle. His brother Gwain was beside him. They had received word from Lance’s sentinels that the Army of the Light was less than a day’s march away from Castle Dragonfeather. “The Black Knight rides again, brother,” Lance said. The Black Knight was a rogue who wandered the land with his Legion of Dragon Warriors conquering all who opposed him. He took up temporary residence in his father’s castle until he was ready to strike. Lance was the Black Knight: fearless, strong, and mighty. All who had fallen to the power of the powerful Black Knight were seldom seen again. They were tortured to their deaths by unusual means. This is how Sir Lance intended to rid himself of the ever-annoying Army of the Light.
Like his father before him, Lance had conquered many lands, the most recent being Paradise, haven to the Army of the Light. The castle was small, but held at least five thousand warriors. Half the army fled in terror when the Black Knight’s nine hundred soldiers on horseback flooded into the secluded valley creatively named Utopia. That part of the army was slaughtered. The carcasses were fed to the hounds that accompanied the army on its roving expeditions. One third of the rest of the Light was trampled by the horses or brought down by arrows fired by skilled archers with long bows. Utopia was taken in a single day. Only five of the Black Knight’s comrades were killed. Three were not accounted for. But several hundred were wounded, including the Black Knight’s own brother.
Lance thought back to the battle. His brother had barely escaped with his life intact. “You know, Gwain, you really should think of settling a kingdom of your own.” Gwain jumped his steed over a gate. Lance knew his brother looked up to him. But he would not let the seventeen year old be harmed. “It’s what Mother would have wanted.”
“No, Lance. Father wanted us to remain bonded,” Gwain said. As they rode through the courtyard he yelled, “To Arms, to Arms! The castle is under siege! Rise, my friends! To Arms!” Soldiers scattered. They ran to the armory, pulling on armor as they went. Each piece of armor was black and specifically made for only the owner to wear.
The Black Knight jumped off his own horse. Two men raced toward him, hauling armor and weapons with them. They clothed Lance in chain mail, and then put on the rest of his armor while he pulled on his gloves. Last was his helmet. It was shaped like a dragon’s head about to bite the head off the next person stupid enough to come near it. While he looked about in the weaponry for arrows with some decent flight capability, his suitors armed his stallion with his sword, a dagger, and his longbow. The black steed appeared as a black unicorn with a silver horn and red eyes that glowed as if they were hot coals.

That's what I've got saved right now. But I shall get more... if you guys like it.

Thanks Swe_Bum for my siggy big grin

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 02:50 AM
Shadowskill is currently offline Click here to Send Shadowskill a Private Message Find more posts by Shadowskill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadowskill
The Mourning Sage

Here's some more... hope it's okay...

“Ready, brother?” asked Lance. His brother was standing next to him, wiping the blade of his bastard sword with buckskin.
“As I’ll ever be, brother. This battle should prove to be bloody.” Gwain looked neither afraid nor ready, but he lugged himself to his steed. “I know we have beaten them before, but from what the sentinels say, they have gathered several thousand allies. I hear they have joined forces with the Two Armies of the Swamplands. I thought they were our allies.” Lance smiled. Gwain was aghast. “So they are our allies, but you have deceived the Army of the Light into believing them to be our enemies?”
“Wrong, brother; it was not I, but Zane, commander of the Two Armies. He suggested the idea and I agreed.”
“Under what circumstances, shall I ask?”
“Utopia will be considered Swampland territory. It is of no concern to me; Utopia is too small. To be honest, I’ve not inkling as to how the Army of the Light was even living in that tiny fort. The Two Armies of only have two thousand men each. That is easily enough to inhabit that castle.”
One stocky man appeared beside Lance’s horse. “Sir, the army has made camp just across the Mhellay River.”
“Thank you, Sir Ijek, that is much appreciated. You may leave us now. Gwain and I were just speaking of the Two Armies of the Swamplands. They have decided to aid us, under the condition that Castle Glory is surrendered to them. I have no objection; do you?”
“Of course not, my Liege,” Ijek stammered.
“Rally the troops; we leave at sunset. Have them meet me in the courtyard in five minutes, my friend,” Lance commanded. “Go, Ijek.”
Sir Ijek, the Black Knight’s second in command, was off to gather the armed forces.

~~~

At exactly four o’clock, Castle Dragonfeather’s square was crammed with nine hundred armed horsemen. The Black Knight, now in full armor, was standing before them on the table where the Knight’s right hand soldiers partook of their victory feasts. He was holding sword in one hand and a shield with the Dragonfeather crest painted on it in the other. “Friends, we are about to slaughter the Army of the Light!” There was tumultuous applause and deep-throated yells of joy. These men enjoyed their line of work. Lance continued, “But let me make a few things clear, gentlemen: the Two Armies of the Swamplands are fighting with the Army of the Light, but they are our allies. They pretend to fight with them, but once we cross the Mhellay tonight, they shall turn tail and help us murder the rest of the wretched worms!” There was even more applause and evil laughter. “Listen, Dragons, when you catch a filthy do-gooder, knock him out and pile his body on the other side of the river. We may need him for questioning later. But hear this, friends, only do this if you think he may be valuable. Kill the others. King Vissor is mine. Gather yourselves, Dragons. Dusk is approaching. Light your torches and head out!”
The Dragon Warriors had their own method of frightening the people they conquered. If their armor wasn’t terrifying enough, they lit torches and carried them in a single line with the Black Knight at the head. They appeared as a dragon coming for the horrified army.
At dusk, the Dragon Warriors of the Black Knight left Castle Dragonfeather in search of the Mhellay River, just beyond the border of the Black Knight’s territory. A steady fog was rolling in, which made the warriors even more fearsome. Now you could no longer tell if they were human or truly beast.
True to Ijek’s word, the Army of the Light was camped at the far side of the bank. They seemed to be feasting upon poultry and pork. But their party was cut short. Lance’s voice tang out over the roar of laughter from the opposite bank, “Dragons, attack!”
There was a moment of helplessness as the warriors on the far side scrambled to find their spears and swords. Fiery arrows rained down on them as makeshift tables were upturned and tents fell. The first wave of attackers sped forward on their mounts. The King, Vissor, called out for help from the Two Armies of the Swamplands, but they had already crossed the Mhellay and turned into traitors.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 11:55 PM
Shadowskill is currently offline Click here to Send Shadowskill a Private Message Find more posts by Shadowskill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

That's pretty good. It's interesting that you've told the story from an 'evil' perspective. Although Lance is obviously not evil himself...

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 12:27 AM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadowskill
The Mourning Sage

Thank you!!!!! Hey you guys... any ideas for a name?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 02:20 AM
drunk_nazgul
obscure

The Darkness of Paradise.

evil face

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 01:52 AM
drunk_nazgul is currently offline Click here to Send drunk_nazgul a Private Message Find more posts by drunk_nazgul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadowskill
The Mourning Sage

That's funny!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 02:48 AM