KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » A Microsoft Crucification

A Microsoft Crucification
Started by: golden moon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Golden Moon

A Microsoft Crucification

ok here's a story I wrote:

It was a misty afternoon in an Internet café in central London. Two seventeen-year-old boys were sitting at their computers side by side discussing and gazing at the panoramic view of Big Ben through the window.
The tall and skinny boy with straight red hair, cut in a fringe, was named Ben Dawson. He was a poor seventeen-year-old boy, a very good pupil who lived with his mother and his ten-year-old sister because his father had left them. He was very fond of computers, a computer genius, but he couldn’t afford to get computer games or the Internet. When his honest, green eyes sparkled.
Mark Milan, the other boy was also seventeen years old and fond of computers. But he, on the other hand was very rich and he had everything he wanted so he bragged about his valuable possessions. He was very well-built with shoulder-length, blond hair, sly, blue eyes and an ironic, confident smile.
“This pc game is hard to find in England! It’s just come out in the USA and it’s over £100! It’s super! I can lend it to you for one day but you have to promise to look after it,” Mark declared loudly.
“Oh wow! Thank you! It’s fantastic! I will cherish it. You will have it back by tomorrow morning,” replied Ben excitedly.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 10:04 PM
Golden Moon is currently offline Click here to Send Golden Moon a Private Message Find more posts by Golden Moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Golden Moon

But unluckily it didn’t work out this way. On Ben’s way home on his bike, he had a fall and he crushed his bag. Heartbrokenly he got the cd out of the bag in two pieces. His limbs froze, his head spinned. His Mum gazed at him,”Are you okay? There is some spaghetti for you in the oven.”
“I am not hungry, Mum” Ben stammered and rushed to his room. He had promised to treasure it and to return it the next morning. He had no money and he couldn’t ask his Mum who just managed to pay for their necessities.
He didn’t sleep at all that night and in the morning he was feeling dizzy. He started off for school on his bike and without thinking he stopped in front of the Electronics Mega Store. His heart and body were shaking but noone was to be seen there so he moved to the cd stand and looked nervously around him. He clumsily grabbed the precious Microsoft cd. With an empty head he ran to the exit and he heard the sharp ringing of the alarm. He was a shoplifter, a juvenile delinquent arrested by the police, put in a juvenile prison, expelled from school, he felt like a miserable loser. The worst thing that happened to him was the death of his mother who died of a heart attack right after meeting him in jail. He blamed himself because he had lost his temper and had spoken to her with cruelty. Of all the people of the world, she was the last one he would like to harm and his words and actions had killed her. His young sister was taken over by the Social Services because she didn’t have a guardian anymore. So the sweet smile abandoned her face for good. All these because of his stupidity and clumsiness. He hated himself for this.
Now, nine months after that awful morning, he was out and he had the money to return what he had borrowed. He bought the cd and went to the Internet café. Mark was at his usual post.
“I am sorry I am late but you can’t imagine how much your cd has changed my life…” and he narrated all his misfortunes. His eyes were red, he couldn’t control himself.
“Really? I had no idea! And you know what? My cd was not an original; in fact I bought it at the open market for £5… I guess I exaggerated a bit…”
Ben smiled bitterly. “Anyway here it is, thanks. Your Microsoft cd… and here is a Microsoft Crucification…” he pulled out a wire out of a computer and he put it in his mouth. An intense sizzling sound, the smell of burning… a Microsoft Crucification!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 10:05 PM
Golden Moon is currently offline Click here to Send Golden Moon a Private Message Find more posts by Golden Moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joelsef
all u people are vampires

HAHA!!! laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud this is such a good story, and soo true. Nicely done!

Just pretend the camera is a wand!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 10:20 PM
joelsef is currently offline Click here to Send joelsef a Private Message Find more posts by joelsef Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Golden Moon

thanks wink

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 01:31 PM