KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Constantine

Constantine
Started by: FeceMan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Constantine

Hello all, this is my first time posting here (I think this is the correct forums for this sort of thing, even though what I'm posting isn't a story).

I really enjoy writing, but I can't seem to get a story to 'stick' with me, and I came up with an idea for this on vacation. The idea was spurred after I saw the movie Constantine and I was wondering if you all could give me a little help.

Basically, the story is going to be about a fellow who lives in a grungy city, knows a little magic, and does a Mulder and Scully thing with reports of the paranormal (or just plain odd).

However, I can't exactly solidify the plot. I'm thinking of doing something with werewolves, but the conflict is rather hazy. Any help here is appreciated, even if it doesn't involve traditional things (i.e., werewolves, vampires, etc.).

One of the main problems I am having is steering away from clichéd magic. I don't want some doofy Harry Potter wizard (sorry fanboys, I like the series but I don't want my character to end up like Ron) or some idiotic Wind-Water-Earth-Fire elementalist. I am trying to devise a means by which I can implement magic without it seeming as the 'same old' thing or being too hashed together (if any of you have played Ultima Online, you'll understand what I mean).

I would like to do one of two things with the story as well:

1. Create a series of short stories with the main character remaining the same, telling about his exploits and "cases".

2. Write a larger story--possibly a book (don't laugh at me, I'm not talking about a Stephen King-esque work--that doesn't, well, suck. Meaning that the plot would have to be expansive and cohesive, which may be difficult.

Thanks for your support!

(NOTE: THIS IS NOT A "FAN FIC".)

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 04:44 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TraptUnderIce
Brand New God

Blood Magic.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 02:56 PM
TraptUnderIce is currently offline Click here to Send TraptUnderIce a Private Message Find more posts by TraptUnderIce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Tarot's always useful in that sorta thing. You can design your own Tarot deck, if it interests you, based on the major players in your story, or use existing ones.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 07:37 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

What is blood magic? Vampire: the Masquerade?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 10:51 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote