KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Life and times of Fangar Eleskarr

Life and times of Fangar Eleskarr
Started by: Eleskarr

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eleskarr
Renegade

Cool Life and times of Fangar Eleskarr

Streets of Courasant
24:26 AM.
Near Courasant Correctional Facility

A shady man stood alone on a darkened roof-top with acloak covering his entire body and goggles covering his eyes. The man's mouth is covered by the large dark cloak. the men stalks the two guards at the entrance waiting for his chance, the time finally came and he whiped out Blaster pistol , aimed carefully and shot Knocking the man into an alley way , unseen by his partner. The shady man aimed again but missed!
"Damn!" he exclaimed as the man turned to notice him.
"Huh...Hey stop right there!" he said pulling out his own Blaster Pistol only to fire as the man dodges and slunks into the darkness. the alarm goes off and he knows that the element of suprise was lost! He dashed behind a building and spotted a back door.
"Yes Finally a lucky break!" he openned the door and looked around.
He heard a small noise "Oh no!" hje noticed a bomb in the corner of the room ! He tried to run but, it was to late. the bomb blew and he was shot out side too tired to run away.
"Freeze jedi!" Smiled a Clone guard. "Another Jedi!" yelled another to a large group of Clones. "Lets get him to a cell Emperor palpatine will see him tommorrow. Move along!" The Clones carried him to the jail cell's.
One of them removed his goggles and cloak to Show a young man with six arms
"Well, Fangar Eleskarr... Yo won't escape this time. Lock him up!"
"Right awy!" said another.
"Damn..Didn't think you guys would try to blow up civilians..." Fangar remarked cocily.
"You won't be so happy after Palpatine does away with you!"
"How did I even get into this mess?" Fangar tried to remeber back to the beggining.

~the next entry will be at the beggining of Episode 1! let me know how you liked it!~

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 09:44 AM
Eleskarr is currently offline Click here to Send Eleskarr a Private Message Find more posts by Eleskarr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Personally, I hated it.

Too many unnecessary exclamation points, horrible grammar/spelling, dialogue tags are for Dick and Jane, lack of description, tense-switching, and, overall, an unpolished insult to all Star Wars literature. And it's boring.

If this is an attempt at a prologue, please fix it before moving on.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 08:12 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eleskarr
Renegade

~screw you~

EPISODE 1

PLanet Courasant
11:45 AM
Jedi Temple Council room

"But the Boy Must be trained!" a flustered Ki Adi Mundi argued.
"He is too old." Stated a commanding Master Windu."I am sorry Master Mundi! He cannot be trained!"
"I will train him with or without the council!" He yelled.
"Train him you cannot. Too old he is." announced a calm Yoda from his small chair.

~and now I am uninspired thanks Jack-Monkey!~

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 03:08 AM
Eleskarr is currently offline Click here to Send Eleskarr a Private Message Find more posts by Eleskarr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eleskarr
~screw you~

~and now I am uninspired thanks Jack-Monkey!~

Good. You won't damage the Star Wars EU any longer.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 04:18 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkDethbringer
Kakow how you like me now

dude F-off, bro it isn't that bad. Keep on writing. this guy gives me problems also.

well for now at least,

I'm unsure if i will stay for too long

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 04:43 AM
DarkDethbringer is currently offline Click here to Send DarkDethbringer a Private Message Find more posts by DarkDethbringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkDethbringer
dude F-off, bro it isn't that bad. Keep on writing. this guy gives me problems also.

Actually, it is that bad. I've seen bad. And this is worse.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 05:02 AM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Hmm, I'm not too impressed by the story. However, I will not rattle off all the bad things you did, I will hopefully help you improve your writing. big grin

First of all, the first paragraph was pretty decent. The only thing I would say would be to skip a line every time you start a new paragraph. This way, the reader won't be confused, and he will be able to identify when a paragraph ends and where one starts. Secondly, you need to describe a bit more of the characters and settings. You started off good with the description of the main character, but then... well... that was about all the describing you did.

Another suggestion is, you don't have to make the characters say aloud everything. When you do this, it makes the dialogue seem childish. For example:

"Yes Finally a lucky break!" he openned the door and looked around.

I would put this dialogue into thought. When you are in the heat of battle, and somebody is shooting at you, I doubt you would say, "Yes, finally a lucky break!"

Instead, have the main character thinking it. What I do in my stories, (to show thoughts) is put the thoughts in Italics. On this website (if you're writing it directly on here) you have to put Italics tags, which are [I] [ / I] without the spaces.

You are going to need to revise your writing before you post it. The story is already riddled with speeling and grammar errors, so be careful.

I must say, even though the second post was shorter, it was better than the first. You didn't have as many errors.

Now, as for the content. I cannot properly review the story's content thus far, for you have just begun the story. I will say this, however: The second post gives me Deja Vu. The whole, "He is too old." But "I will train him anyway." = Star Wars: Episode 1. Try to think of a plot different from the movies.

Well, like I said, I wasn't too impressed, however, you seem to be just beginning writing. From a fellow writer to a fellow writer, I know you'll improve. big grin

Continue writing this story. I'll make sure to keep reading. thumb up

~Feceman, I suggest you read the rules of this forum before you begin insulting the writings here. The rules clearly state NO flaming is allowed.~

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 05:09 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am well aware of the rules of the forums. My 'flaming' is my constructive criticism--I have repeatedly said that, though it is harsh, my intentions are the best in nature. If one is going to be a writer, one needs to get over one's own ego, suck it up, and make an effort.

I've even posted nicely. But then it just gets ignored. At least now I get a reaction.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 06:10 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

One time, I wrote this to help someone:
quote:
1. You switch tenses and voices at points in the writing. This really detracts from the story.
2. Paragraphs are your friends.
3. God, even if one is a nonbeliever, is spelled with a capital 'g'.
4. You frequently tell instead of show.
5. Mistaking homonyms is one of the worst, most humiliating things one can do--check the difference between there/their/they're, your/you're, to/two/too, etc.
6. You cram a lot of unnecessary detail into sentences, particularly those in which you are describing the physical appearance of another.
7. You often state intent of a speaker after the dialogue when the dialogue alone would suffice.
8. Mechanical errors.
9. Instead of adding tag lines to everyone sentence of dialogue, you can make whom is speaking clear and have the speaker perform an action.
10. I am assuming that you are writing this "on the fly". There's nothing wrong with that, but I'd suggest that you print off a copy and see if there are things you have written that could be revised to be more concise and, well, better.

I'd like to see what this piece would look like if it was cleaned up--why don't you type it all in Microsoft Word and post the compiled, fixed-up story into one post?

If you want, I can give you examples of all this stuff. I don't mean to be rude, but it's bad when one sees a story such as this that has such glaring errors--no offense, my writing does the same thing at times--and just say, "Good job! This is great!" when you could be giving suggestions to remedy these flaws. And, as a writer, it is your responsibility to put our suggestions into action to improve your writing. Otherwise, all you are looking for is a bunch of yes-men to stroke your ego.

Guess what happened? Absolutely nothing. My advice was ignored and she gave up halfway through writing.

Last edited by Zeal Ex Nihilo on Jul 6th, 2005 at 06:22 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 06:20 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Well, that would have been much, MUCH, more use to Elaskarr than the flame you gave him. Look at it this way, you already wrote it up, you could have said the same thing to him. (By the way, Elaskarr, read that. It'll be helpful.) However, you are telling him to suck it up, but I'm telling you to suck it up. Just because you went out of your way to review somebody's story, and the person ignored you, that doesn't give you the right to quit giving good reviews and help and start giving flames. smile

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 07:20 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eleskarr
Renegade

Hear Hear! and thank you hotsauce6548 !

Last edited by Eleskarr on Jul 6th, 2005 at 08:50 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 08:46 PM
Eleskarr
Renegade

Planet Courasant
24:35 AM
Outside Courasant Correctional prison

A shady man stood alone on a darkened roof-top with acloak covering his entire body and goggles covering his eyes. The man's mouth is covered by the large dark cloak. the men stalks the two guards at the entrance waiting for his chance, the time finally came and he whiped out Blaster pistol , aimed carefully and shot Knocking the man into an alley way , unseen by his partner. The shady man aimed again but missed!
Damn the shady man thought

"What, Hey stop right there!" the white armorred Clone scout ordered as he to a shot at him with his own blaster.

The shady man had already slunk into the shadows into the dark and dank empty streets. He moved quietly for a moment as he spotted an unlocked house

The alarm went off and the Shady man knew that he would be caught if he did not hide. "Finally a lucky break he said as he looked around the quaint litle house. he looked around for a good place to hide. "Whats that noise?" he looked around. "OH NO!!!" he yelled aloud as the short fused bomb blew him out into the street.

A Clone Commander wearing a bright red uniform and a Blaster in hand came running with severel other troopers "Freeze Jedi!" said the commander aiming a Blaster at his head
"Another Jedi!" Yelled another. "Lets get him to a cell Emperor Sidious will deal with him in the morning. Move along."

The Shady man- who was being carried by a Clone trooper due to his inability to walk- was being taken to his cell where they kept the other prisoner's. he wasn't scared he knew he could escape again and if not he could cope with torture.

The Clone Commander removed his Dark Cloak and his tented gogles to reveal the face of a very young six armed man with alarge jaw and big teeth. "So Fangar Eleskarr...Didn't think that you would show you're face back here...Not after last time..." he paused to show a picture of the prison burning down. "Get a kick out of Blowing stuff up eh Fangar?" the red wearing clone trooper asked. Fangar noticed a couple of scorch marks on his armor. "Yes I was in the peek of that explosion Eleskarr...And I survived unlike most of the guards and patients...What do you have to say for you're self?"

"...I'm very sorry Mr.Clone sir I won't do it again..." he replied in a mocking tone.

"Cute..." Replied Commander Neyo."Perhaps I should start from teh begining of you're 'truth' on what happened...."

~the next story will be episode 1~

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 09:17 PM
Eleskarr
Renegade

~isn't anyone going to say something?~

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 08:27 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Better than before. At least you are trying to improve.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 08:56 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by FeceMan
Better than before. At least you are trying to improve.

I will have to visit the GFA from now on just to read what Shitty says.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 09:03 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkDethbringer

huh? and Much better! it wasn't that bad before though...

well for now at least,

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 01:06 AM
DarkDethbringer is currently offline Click here to Send DarkDethbringer a Private Message Find more posts by DarkDethbringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Very nice, Elaskarr. A few mistakes, but nothing big. A great improvement, and I hope you write more! smile

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 02:24 AM
DarkDethbringer

Originally posted by Bardock42
I will have to visit the GFA from now on just to read what Shitty says.

What are you talking about?

well for now at least,

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 08:50 PM
Peach
mordrem

Much better, just remember to read through before posting, to check for errors. Maybe have someone else beta-read?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 12:17 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkDethbringer
What are you talking about?

He's talking about me, hehe.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 03:33 AM