KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Chi-Cho-Cha

Chi-Cho-Cha
Started by: Stealth Agent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

Chi-Cho-Cha

High in the mountain hills of china. Right underneath peaceful Chinese clouds rested a peaceful town. A town that had remained quaint and far away from the Chinese government for hundreds of years.

When wars came this village had been hidden in the mountain hills, it was ignored from invasions and ignored from Chinese drafts, this village never suffered from cruel
taxes. They needed no help from the outside world, they were small and provided all there needs them self. The village was small and only hosted little over a hundred people in
it’s realm.
The village was protected from roaming bandits by a lone man. He watched over the village from a peek. This peek gazed over the entire village and at it’s surroundings. His name was Chi-Cho. his body was wrapped in a loose white robe. His feet wore rough
home made sandals. At his side hung a long scabbard. When Chi-Cho walked the long lacquer scabbard would dangled at his side.Without it he looked like a different man. The sword the sheath contained was so natural to him. Without it dangling at his side he looked like a different person. He moved with the sword like it was an extension of his
body.

The village people never saw what Chi-Cho’s sheath contained. He never
displayed it he only kept it with him. Those that have seen him fight off bandits tell others that is a “magical sword” that “They have never seen anything like it before. It moves with lightning speed and is always traveling never still. A true glimpse has not been caught of it
because it is never steady.”

There is little itself know about Chi-Cho asides that he is the town’s guardian. He walks through the streets and rarely talks. When he doe’s talk he is very polite and gratefull to those around him. What is known is that he is the descendant, of the last town guardian and Chi-Cho’s father is the descendant of the town guardian before him and so
on. Chi-Cho’s entire family has been village guardians. Chi-Cho holds many family secrets that he was destined to know at the time of his birth and destined to give to his son at his son’s birth.

As the sun broke through China’s skies and traveled to that small quaint village. Chi-Cho stood proudly upon his high peek gazing out into the clouds. He made no movement, he said nothing all he did was stare into the beautiful sun before him. The sun was an alarm clock to his people. Men would be getting up to plow fields and harvest food with there boys. The women would be going to pick fresh food with there daughters.

Chi-Cho smiled to himself. He believed he had the perfect life. He wondered how could a life get better. What more can a man desire that he doe’s not have in this town. In this town he has freedom, to make his own wage and provide for himself. Chi-Cho did not dream to be a king, nor a towns people. He loved his life as it was.

Every morning he would awake to the cry of a Hawk flying over his peek. This morning there had been no Hawk cry. That was a sign of change. That was why Chi-Cho was taking in the gift of his life. Realizing how much he had. He could sense it was going to change.

In the distance under neath the sun Chi-Cho could see people moving through the mountains headed towards the Village. Chi-Cho, turned around. he jumped off the peak
throwing himself against the vertical rocky wall his peak was crested into. Quickly he climbed down as fast as he could and rushed to the village. village alarm bells were set off immediately. In an instant the entire village was gathered into the village hall.

“Chi-Cho. What can you tell from the men coming towards us?” The village elder asked with all the village people surrounding him.
“Little. They are still at least half a day from here. There is a small army of them at least three times the size of our village. If they bring war or peace I do not know.”
“Thank you Chi-Cho. I don’t suspect they already knew about us. I suspect they are...travelers or traveling and they have spotted us. Maybe they just come for rest. they are guests we will offer them our beds in gratitude.”
“No!” Chi-Cho spoke firmly. “We could not house these people. They see are village would be to small for them. Yet they come anyway. We have been hidden from the Chinese Government far before I was born. Now we have been found. This is a time of change. I saw a sign this morning that tells me this. I have little hope this change is good.”

People stood in silence. They didn’t know what to say. Most stared at the ground contemplating what could happen. Little ones clung on to there mother for support. whispering into there ears. “Mommy what doe’s this mean?”
Father’s knew this was trouble. The men of the village knew the Chinese Government would stick them with taxes. They would be angered that they have hidden from them. Depending on the mercy of the Chinese soldiers this entire village may be burnt to a crisp before the end of the day.

“We must defend ourselves and fight back.” Chi-Cho told the village.
“We would going to war with China. we stand no chance.”
“We stand no chance against China, but against these men coming for us we stand plenty chance. China will never know what happened. they had a group of men disappearin the mountains. They could not link that to us. They would never see us again”
“Yes,” the village elder nodded. His face was wrinkled and his skin sagged. “I have lived an entire life time of peace. When i woke up this morning I did not think it would end today.”

Last edited by Stealth Agent on Jul 18th, 2005 at 10:38 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 10:32 PM
Stealth Agent is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote