KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Summer Changed

Summer Changed
Started by: iluvhpsomuch1_7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

Summer Changed

A/N- First, I want to say thank you to alphonse or Kickflip20 however you want to call him. He is my BETA for this story and my James/Lily story on HP Fanfiction. Fun to talk to I must say. Another thanks to Adam/Ms.Smith_Sux for helping me with the guy lingo lol. Seeing as I'm not a guy he will help a lot.

Second, this story is first person with two points of views. One is a girl and another is a guy. I got the idea from the book called Flipped.

Third, it will sound a lot like The Princess Diaries and Cinderella Story. It's not quite the movies but kind of. I've always wanted to write a story like this so yeah.I've up scaled my writing a lot, like better desriptions and words and such.

Fourth, if you see something good comment on it, if you see something bad comment on it, I love suggestions and ideas. Feel free to say anything about it. Enjoy!

Chapter 1
Alex's Point of View

I just sat there like a sack of frozen, wide-eyed potatoes. I didn't know what to say. I didn't have anything to say really. I took in a deep breath and held it while I nodded out of shock.

"Alex, are you alright?" my father asked.

"Yeah….I'm just going to get a glass of water." I replied in a rather high whispery voice.

I got up to find myself weak at the knees. Thankfully I was able to pour a glass of water, drink it, and get up to my room with out collapsing.

I Alexandria Montgomery, from that day on had changed forever. I was no other than Princess Alexandria Montgomery. Right when I thought my life was getting great! School was out for the summer and my best friend, Samantha Thompson, was not moving. Usually we would hang out at the pool, even take trips to the beach, and have sleepovers every night. That was how we spent our summers every year. That's what you're supposed to do in the summer, just hang out.

I wasn't popular in school. I liked it that way. I'm not fond of having lackeys following me around everywhere. I didn't think I was pretty with brown wavy hair and the few freckles that covered my face. I, in my mind, was normal.

That thought simply was blown away that afternoon when my dad sat down and confessed. I nearly fell over in my chair.

"How could I possibly be a…a….a princess?" I stuttered at him.

How so indeed? It seemed too good to be true. Although, my father never lies and as always he had an explanation. Ongoland was obviously an Absolute Monarchy. To those of you who don't know what that means, it's a government where the monarch, King or Queen, has complete control of the country. My great, great, great, great grandmother was the daughter of the founder of Ongoland which made her princess and the next line to the throne. Of course the throne was passed down through generations reaching my mother. My mom died in a car crash when I was five. Apparently there was no one running Ongoland after she died because I wasn't old enough and my dad didn't want the job. He knew he had to take care of me. There was a prince though. Oddly he's not my brother. My dad said he was from a different kingdom I think. I don't understand it all myself but his supervisor is related to Sam somehow. I think he's like her cousin and was coming to stay with Sam for the summer to help me get used to the job. Sam didn't know he was coming and I felt I had to tell her.

I was sprawled out on my bed debating whether to walk up to Sam's house or not? I decided on tomorrow. For some reason this whole princess thing felt like a cheesy dream I was about to wake up from. I'll tell you, though. I never woke up. It was cheesy but real.

I called Sam the next morning to let her know I was coming over. I walked over there thinking exactly how I was going to tell her everything. I gathered my inner strength and rang the doorbell once I got to the front porch. Thankfully Sam answered the door because my reflexes got the better of me and grabbed her arm and pulled her down to the swing set in her backyard.

"Alex, what's wrong!" she said worried.

I took a breath, "Okay, sit down."

I looked around making sure none of the neighbors were eaves-dropping. I started to explain everything my dad told me and I swear you could see Sam's pupils widen.

I finished and she asked, "Why didn't my mom tell me about this?"

"I guess she didn't want to spoil the surprise." I shrugged.

"But you're a princess! This is so cool!" Sam said her voice rising.

"The bad part is I think your cousin is like 25." I said.

"Darn!" she snapped her fingers and laughed.

The next two weeks we tried to have as many sleepovers as possible. We decided it would be better if we had one at Sam's house when her cousin arrived. Impatiently we sat in the Living Room. He would be at the house any minute now. There was the doorbell. We both shot up and ran to the door. We were expecting a 25 year old but that's not what we got. We got a boy teenager, 17 by the looks of it.

"Jacob Reyes at your service. Jake for short." He said smiling.

Then I could hear Sam's voice in my ear saying, "That's him alright."

"I though you said he was old." I returned.

She shrugged and turned back to Jake and smiled. This was definitely going to be an interesting summer.

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 10:48 PM
iluvhp1_7 is currently offline Click here to Send iluvhp1_7 a Private Message Find more posts by iluvhp1_7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

I liked it, good beginning and it was interesting. Reminds me of Princess Diaries.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 10:19 AM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

Chapter 2
Jake's Point of view

'Pretty girl, pretty girl, pretty girl!' I thought.

I panicked and so I stared. My cousin was the girl with dirty blonde hair. I knew her, well I had seen pictures of her. The one on the right I didn't know but she was the one I stared at.

"Jacob Reyes at your service. Jake for short." I managed to say.

Then the whispering started. I was left standing there for like five minutes until my cousin said,

"Oh! Come on in! I'll show you up to your room."

I walked inside and followed her up the stairs.

"So you're Samantha right?" I asked.

"Sam, but yeah that's me." She smiled.

"Who is your friend?" I asked eagerly.

"That’s Alex, the one you're working with. She's my best friend."

My brain couldn't process all that. Alex? Alexandria? Alexandria Montgomery? Princess Alexandria Montgomery? I was staring at Princess Alexandria Montgomery!

"Jake, are you okay?" Sam asked.

"What? Yeah." I replied quickly.

I dropped off my suit case and made my way back down stairs. I didn't know Sam was evil but I soon found out. She left me standing there with Alex! Just to tell her mom I was there!

"So you're Princess Montgomery?" I asked hoping I wasn't making a fool of myself.

"Good guess." She laughed.

"I'm Jake." I held out my hand.

"So I've heard." She said shaking it.

Before I tell you I said this, let me explain. When I'm nervous I tend to be a jerk. Well a really big selfish jerk and right then I was enormously nervous.

"You don't plan on wearing that to anything formal, do you?"

Right when I said it I knew I had offended her. I mentally slapped myself.
"Excuse me?" she said then walked away.

This time I actually slapped my head. The two girls were talking in the corner when I entered the living room. I guess they noticed me since Alex walked away.

"We're going to get her stuff. Don't do anything stupid." Sam said harshly.

"Now she hates me!" I muttered and I punched the sofa.

"Don't punch the stuffing out of it!" Someone said behind me.

I turned around sharply.

"Aunt Tammy!" I said while she gave me a hug.

"The last time I saw you, you were only this big." She lowering her hand to about 3 feet off the ground.

"Four was a good age." I laughed.

I barely remember it, but Aunt Tammy came to visit us in Ongoland. Pretty much what I remember are the big games of hide-and-seek we played in the gardens.

"It's been way to long. Look how much you've grown up! You're taller than me!"she hugged me again.

A door slammed and guess who came marching in. Sam.

"I'll catch up later!" I said before Sam pulled me out the front door.

When she finally let go, she started her lecture.

"What the heck is your problem?" she yelled at me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

Making a bad imitation of my voice she said, "You're not planning on wearing that to anything formal, are you?"

"I…..well…" I stuttered.

"Look she's coming back soon. You're going to be working with her! She's not one to argue with and trust me I'll back her up if needed. When she comes back it would be smart to apologize."

She gave me one last grimace and left for inside. I slid down the wall to sit on the porch floor and bang the backside of my head into the wall.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid." I said to my self still banging my head.

"I wouldn't know, but is bashing your head into the wall a daily routine for low life jerks?"

I looked around and it was Alex with her arms crossed. I just glared. I was making it worse but you don't expect me to just sit there and do nothing.

"I'm not a low life jerk!" I snapped.

"Well I figured guys who walk in and start making rude comments about a person you don't know fit the definition perfectly."

"I'm sorry, okay, I didn’t mean it."

She laughed hysterically, "Ha! You're joking right?"

"No, I'm serious. I didn't mean it. Why do you think I'm sitting here calling myself stupid? I really am sorry."

"When I see pigs fly I'll know you're sorry." She retorted and stomped inside to meet Sam.

So I sat there banging my head against the wall even harder. How I got so stupid I do not know.

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Last edited by iluvhp1_7 on Jul 17th, 2006 at 01:10 AM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 12:58 AM
iluvhp1_7 is currently offline Click here to Send iluvhp1_7 a Private Message Find more posts by iluvhp1_7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

A/N- Sry I couldn't post this with the story. The stupid 15 minute edit rule stopped me.
Anyway-
I love writing this chapter lol. No offense but I think guys are funny when they're nervous. I don't think any guy is like Jake when their nervous though which is good. Some of the things he says are funny. Again loved this chapter.
Comment!
Much <3
--iluvhpsomuch1_7--

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 01:18 AM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

IT IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 01:45 AM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fallingoutgrl
Finally Free

i love it! it really does remind me of princess diaries, but better!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 07:52 PM
fallingoutgrl is currently offline Click here to Send fallingoutgrl a Private Message Find more posts by fallingoutgrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 08:31 PM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

I like it. I think it's really good!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 12:07 AM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

Chapter 3
"He is the biggest jerk ever!" I told Sam.

"C'mon Alex just chill. He probably just……"

"Just what?" I asked. No response. "Yeah that's what I thought."

We were headed to my house to get my stuff: pillow, toothbrush, stuffed turtle that I used as a second pillow, make up, etc.

We walked in the house and Sam followed me up to my room.

"But seriously don't you think it's rude?" I said stuffing it all into my back pack, purse thing. Surprisingly it all fit, well expect my pillow.

Sam took a head start while I went to go tell my dad. I found him in the computer room.

"Hey dad! I'm leaving for Sam's tonight okay?"

"Alex! Come sit down!" He said surprised.

"Is something wrong?" I asked concerned.

"No, no! I just finished talking to Sam's mom. We both think that it would be easier on you if……."

He paused. He always did that. Always tried to make the moment exciting and it was definitely working.

"Tell me!"

"Okay. You're moving in with the Thompson's for the summer!"

"AHHHHH!!" I jumped up and down screaming.

"Well, I can tell you're happy."

"Oh, my gosh! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I hugged him.

"Tammy said you can bring your stuff in the morning."

I thanked and hugged him again. Practically running to Sam's house, I saw Jake on the porch when the house came into view. He was doing something very strange. It looked like he was banging his head against the wall.

That's when I realized. I wasn't going to let Jake Reyes ruin my summer. Especially if I was going to be living with everyday during the summer. Oh well more trouble for him.

At that thought, I walked up to him and stood there. It's time to make my grudge clear. He was talking to himself.

"So stupid, so stupid, so stupid!" he repeated.

"I wouldn't know, but is bashing your head into a wall a daily routine for low life jerks?"

"I'm not a low life jerk!" He snapped.

"Well I figured guys who walk in and start making rude comments about a person you don't know fit the definition perfectly." I snapped back.

"I'm sorry okay I didn’t mean it." He's a pretty good liar.

She laughed hysterically, "Ha! You're joking right?"

"No, I'm serious. I didn't mean it. Why do you think I'm sitting here calling my self stupid? I really am sorry."

"When I see pigs fly I'll know you're sorry." I retorted.

He stood up.

"Why are you overreacting? I said I was sorry!" He yelled but I was nowhere near afraid of him.

"Let's just say I don’t take insults well."

It was true. I didn't and still don't take insults well. In eighth grade, Kayla Cartle, called me a stupid loser because I didn't let her cut in line. Kayla was the kind of person who would ignore you at school, unless she wanted something from you, then would be your best friend after school. She was always asking for you to do stuff for her. That day I had had enough so her hair got to taste milk for the first time.

"So you're gonna hold a grudge because I said I was sorry?" Jake asked squinting his eyes.

"No I'm gonna hold a grudge because you're rude."

"You're so full of your self!"

He pulled my string! I stomped on his foot and proudly walked inside. Now he'll see how rude he really is! I just taught him a lesson although I felt guilty. He didn't really do anything. Yes he did! He said I dressed bad and that I was full of myself! Maybe I was overreacting, but he provoked me with those mean insults! It was entirely his fault so why should I be sorry!

A/N- Hey guys! This chapter as you know take place when the girls left to go get Alex's stuff. Meanwhile Jake is talking to his Aunt. Again I like when they argue. It's funny.

Much <3
--iluvhp1_7--

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Last edited by iluvhp1_7 on Jul 25th, 2006 at 03:44 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 03:39 PM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Once again... GREAT!!!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 05:27 PM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

I agree with d-fly 100%

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 05:32 PM
fallingoutgrl
Finally Free

great job!!!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 06:04 PM
fallingoutgrl is currently offline Click here to Send fallingoutgrl a Private Message Find more posts by fallingoutgrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

A/N- Hey guys! I'm looking at posting soon. I have the next chapter I just need to type it up! Thanks for the comments!

Much <3
--iluvhp1_7--

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 05:16 PM
Brit531

This is a really good story.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 07:23 PM
Brit531 is currently offline Click here to Send Brit531 a Private Message Find more posts by Brit531 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

Chapter 4

She's calling me rude! Rude! My rudeness doesn't even compare to hers! I so do not like her any more considering she practically broke my foot.

How in the world could all this happen in one day? Not even a day a half day! Thankfully it was almost eight o'clock.

"Jake! There you are!" Aunt Tammy came out onto the porch. "I've ordered a pizza is that okay?"

"Yeah definitely!" I have to say, I'm a pretty good actor. The pizza was fine; pizza is the best invention ever. Cheerfulness wasn't what I was feeling though. Acting cheerful isn't hard though. Acting is a very important skill in life.

As I opened the front door I heard not screaming more like squealing.

"Oh! My! God! I can't believe it!" Sam began jumping.

"What's with all the…..loud girly screeches?" I said putting my hands over my ears.

Alex turned to face me. Uh-oh not good.

"Oh nothing, just that I get to make every moment of your life miserable. You see, I'm moving into the room right next to yours, for the whole summer." She smiled.

Alex has the worst kind of sweet evil. Mean sweet evil.

They walked past me and up to Sam's room. I chased after them and stopped in the doorway.

"Moving in?" I said with a disgusted face.

Sam smiled and nodded.

"Aw man!" I threw my hands up to my head. "Could my life get any worse?" I muttered to myself.

I left to unpack my things: clothes, posters, and such.

She was right about one thing. My life will be miserable until I finally go back to Ongoland. Why did she have to move in?

That's a question easily answered. She really didn't have a reason to stay at her house. Her father stops by regularly. Although, why the room next door! Which I just realized has a sharing bathroom. Great, waiting an hour every morning wasn't my idea of waking up. I groaned. I guess I'll just wake up before her or sleep later than her.

I was halfway done with putting my clothes in my dresser when Aunt Tammy called me down for dinner.

Running! I'll just go running tomorrow. That will definitely get my mind off things and a reason to explore the neighborhood. It's usually a daily thing I do but getting ready for the dreadful trip, it wasn't going to be dreadful but once Alex came into the picture it changed, and certain fiascos made me forget.

I took my pizza in silence and sat down, The two girls were gabbing about something so I wait for silence which took at least fifteen minutes.

"Aunt Tammy, so you're not worried tomorrow morning, I'm gonna go running." I smiled.

"Really? Alex here was saying she was going running tomorrow before you came down! You should go together! This neighborhood is fairly big and is easy to get lost in." She winked.

Again, could my life get any worse?

"Oh I don't know Mrs. Thompson. Jake seems more independent. Is a grown boy he can handle himself. Plus I'm a solo runner myself." Alex rushed.

"Have you even ran with a partner before?" she asked.

"Well…no…but…" desperately trying to avoid the situation.

"Then it's settled!" Mrs. Thompson said excitedly.

"Seven thirty don’t be late." I said with the same amount of sweet evil as Alex.

The rest of the night was pretty quiet. I finished unpacking and, thankfully, the girls didn't bother me. I went to bed early since seven thirty was fairly early. My alarm was set for seven.

.¸¸.·´¨»«´¨·. ¸¸..¸¸.·´¨»«´¨·. ¸¸..¸¸.·´¨»«´¨·.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I rolled over slowly and turned off the alarm. I groaned again. Way too early, my definition of waking up is two o'clock. I rubbed my eyes and changed into normal running attire: white shirt, basketball shorts, and socks.

I ran my hand through my hair a few times so I would look some what decent. I slowly walked down to the kitchen. No Alex. I walked into the living room. No Alex. I walked back upstairs and stood at the closed door.

"Do I dare open it?" I muttered deviously.

More trouble for Alex so I opened it. There she was sleeping peacefully.

You want to know what I did?

"I crawled under her bed and shook it as hard as I could. I got an ear piercing scream in return.

"Mom!" She yelled.

Mom? Why would she scream mom?

I rolled out from under the bed and stood up.

"Wakey Wakey eggs and bakey!" I smiled and tried not to laugh.

She turned around sharply and gasped.

"Get out!" She threw a pillow at me and I ran out the door.

At least she was fast. Alex came down in like two minutes.

"Let's just get this over with." She said harshly.

"It's not my fault so don't take this out on me!" I replied.

"Whatever." Alex said.

"It must've rained last night." I said trying to get on her good side.

"Thank you Captain Obvious!" Again with the harshness.

I shook my head and put a frustrated look on my face. There was no point in arguing with her. We walked out the door, stretched, and began. She's not a talker when it comes to running. Thirty minutes. Thirty minutes of silence!

"Do you mind if I ask you a question?" Phew I broke the silence.

I don't mind silence but not awkward silence. When I'm around Alex, she makes everything awkward.

"Yes." She said simply.

"Ok well I'll ask it anyway. Why did you scream "mom" this morning?" Bold move on my part. Fortunately she just looked away.

"I don’t want to talk about it." She replied quietly.

Apparently that was touchy subject for her. Cool.

I found out something important.

"Are you sure 'cause I'm always here if you need someone….." Bad, bad, bad move. I can't believe I even said that!

She turned around furiously.

"I am not going to let you ruin my summer Jake Reyes." She wagged her finger at me.

"Aw c'mon, I was just trying to help!" Lifted my arms above me and they landed on my head when she started running back home.

The trash truck came speeding by. I mean speeding at least eighty miles per hour. As it sped along it hit a huge puddle and the water flew everywhere. Everywhere on Alex I mean. She stopped and turned around. I stood their smirking and shrugged. Alex turned back around and began walking home so I jogged up to her.

"Sorry Freckles I would lend you a jacket but it seems I'm all out." I smirked again.

It was summer, yes, but since it rained it was quite breezy. It would be chilly if you were soaked with water and I'll point out, Alex was dripping with water. She even was shaking. I didn't think it would be that cold.

We finally got to the house and Alex, shaken and wet, went up to room. I kind of felt bad for her but she called me a low-life jerk so she deserved it. Plus I don't think this was the last of her. She definitely had a trick up her sleeve and the newly acquired nick name didn't bother her.

A/n- Sry guys another Crappy chapter. I sort of came into a secret of Alex's past life. If you know what I mean. Try to put the puzzle pieces together.

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 04:03 AM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

I love it!! Great job again!!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 12:38 PM
Brit531

I agree with D- Fly! Great Job!!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 01:59 PM
Brit531 is currently offline Click here to Send Brit531 a Private Message Find more posts by Brit531 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

Gah! COMMENT! It's making me frikkin mad that no one is reading!

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 03:26 AM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

I commented... sad

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 06:06 PM
Brit531

So did I... confused

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 10:16 PM