KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Rose and Thorn

Rose and Thorn
Started by: Aevum

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Rose and Thorn

Chapter One
Black Coats

"Sir, any sign of the twins?" asked a man who was dressed in an expensive tuxedo on, along with black sunglasses, flat top hair, and pricy shoes. This was Henry Tortillini, one of the Black Coats who spoke in an Italian accent.

"Negative." responded his advisor who wore the same outfit as him.

The room they were in was filled with computers, all doing the same exact thing. Tracking the twins, Rose and Thorn. They've been searching for them for at least a decade, but every time they had gotten close, the Watchers had always stopped them somehow.

"We are still looking for the subjects. Wherever they are, the Watchers have them hidden fairly well. It's been a year since we last had contact with them." Tortillini scowled at hearing the name Watcher, which made his advisor smile.

"Have you heard from Special Agent Bandarias?" Henry asked, even though he knew the answer to that question.

"Unfortunately no." said the advisor curtly. "You are not forgiven still for her loss. If it were up to me, I would have you killed already."

"Understood." responded Tortillini, standing at attention. "I will not fail you again."

"Make sure of it." dismissing Special Agent Tortillini as he spoke.

Tortillini reached into the breast pocket, taking out a handkerchief, and wiping his brow with it. He couldn't keep his identity a secret for much longer. He was too far in, at anytime he could be caught. Once he put the handkerchief back in his breast pocket, he then reached into his pocket and pulled out a headset. Carefully, he placed it on his ear, and waiting for further instructions. At any moment they would execute plan Alpha. Underneath his tux was a bullet proof vest, and two handguns, something he preferred not to use.

"Alpha is a go." said a muffled voice. "Be careful."

"I will." responded the Black Coat. "You have nothing to worry about at all. The Black Coats don't realize that we are on to them."

Once he was done speaking to the person on the other end, he took the headset off, and put it back into his pocket. The overcoat he was wearing, he had taken off, revealing his bullet proof vest. Then he picked up his two handguns, and walked out of the room. Outside was someone who held a gun, which was pointed at his chest. He smelt like cheap beer and cigarettes. The man, like everyone else in the building was wearing the same suit.

"Tortillini, I'm ordered to take you with me." said the man in a low deep voice. Then he eyed the two guns he held in his hands. He lowered his gun a little. Just a little. "Drop yer guns."

Slowly, Tortillini dropped his guns, and brought his hands in the air. For now he would have to take orders from the Black Coat. Now was not he time to have his cover blown. But what if they knew who he really was? Honestly he would not take that chance. Tortillini noticed how the man relaxed.

Quickly, the agent grabbed the gun, and pistol whipped him. He really didn't want to shoot the guy, unless he really needed to. Hastily, he took the man's tie and tied his arms and legs together. Next he ripped the man's shirt from the suit, and stuffed it in his mouth as a gag.

For now things would have to be done carefully, he couldn't risk anymore exposure. The Black Coats would notice that one of them was missing, and soon they would point their fingers at Tortillini, rather Jonathan Varul a Watcher. Quickly Jonathan retrieved his guns and walked like nothing happened at all. Within a few minutes he heard people shouting about the Black Coat they had found gagged. Something the Watcher didn’t realize was the fact that everything that happened was being filmed.

In a secret room were three men watching the security monitors. An overly large man stood behind two who were running the computers. A cigar was slowly burning, which he was holding in between two fingers. This man had a very panache look. But his balding head took that look away.

“Watch carefully boys, here you shall learn that no one can double cross me.”

“Sir, what shall we do about him?” questioned the man on the left.

“Nothing.”

“Nothing?” asked the puzzled man, “You’re allowing a Watcher to walk amongst us?”

“Correct.”

The large man began to laugh. He was known as Boss, no one knew his real name. Being the Boss of the Black Coats of this region was a tough job, but it paid well. In only a few years Boss slowly reached the top five richest people in the tri-state area. With such power, no one could stop him. Though the fact was that the Black Coats were a secret organization determined to capture the twins, Rose and Thorn; two experimental projects that had been separated at birth. Such extraordinary powers Boss knew that once he got them, he would be unstoppable. But the Watchers, their guardians kept interfering.

“I don’t understand you Sir,” said the man on the left again, “Why do you want us to cease our pursuit of this particular Watcher?”

“If we allow him to escape, we can find where the other Watchers are. Let them do all of our dirty work, and then we will have Rose and Thorn to ourselves.”

“Brilliant, just brilliant Boss,” said the man sucking up to him.

That was when the Boss took great interest in the man who was on the right. Not a word has come out of his mouth since he had entered the room. Something was not right. Turning the chair around, he saw that he was knocked out, not dead. That mean that another Watcher had to have been in here already, but that was not possible.

“What the hell happened?” he roared angrily.

“Varul get out of there now,” commanded a voice through a headset. “Feed from the control center revealed that Boss found the unconscious body of the Black Coat that Athustad knocked out. I estimate you have roughly three minutes to get out of there. Athustad Will be waiting for you.”

Jonathan Varul was about to make a run for the elevator when it opened up revealing three Black Coats, each of them heavily armed. All he did was smirk at the three. His hand nonchalantly reached for his own guns and he aimed it directly at two of the three men’s head. At least he could be sure of taking two of the three lives out. For sure the other Watchers would expel him from being a guardian of Rose and Thorn for this, but he had to take that chance.

Both fingers on the trigger he started to analyze everything once more. Calculations after calculations led to the same result. His death. The question was he kept asking himself over and over was simple. Was it worth his life? Would he really risk his own life for the twins that were deemed special? Would he risk everything he had just for the earth’s safety? Though it may have seemed a complex question, but the Watcher knew the answer to that question. When he took the oath that day to protect Rose and Thorn at all costs, he swore that he would live by that creed. Nothing would ever stop him from fulfilling his quest upon the protection of the two.

If he didn’t make his move now, then they would. The end result would be just has he had expected from his calculations. Pulling the trigger of the two guns, he expected them to fire; they did not. Instead both guns jammed, an unfortunate thing. The three did not hesitate to shoot him. It only took two out of the three shots to kill Jonathan Varul. One to the chest, another to the head. He was left there to die.

Outside his partner, Athustad waited for his arrival, but after an hour the female left. Later that day she learned about how he was murdered by the Black Coats. A memorial was held not too far from the location of the Watcher’s base. It would be quite sometime before a good deal of the Watchers to heal from the grief they had felt that day.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 09:09 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

It was good and all, but it kinda confused me.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 03:43 AM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

How so?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 04:38 AM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

I dunno. Which sides are all the people on?? Like Tortillini, what side is he on??

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 05:07 AM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Black Coats=Evil
Watchers=Good

Tortillini was an undercover Watcher disguised as a black coat

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 04:16 PM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Ah, I see!!

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 04:27 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

T'was good. A bit convoluted, but good.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2006 12:39 AM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Big word for me. what is it? O_O

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 01:48 PM
AngelxWings
xx. Angel~

Ohhh! I liked it! I can't wait to see some more of your work!

xoxo
♥ K ♥

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 06:21 PM
AngelxWings is currently offline Click here to Send AngelxWings a Private Message Find more posts by AngelxWings Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Thanks! I will be typing up chapter two shortly.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 06:32 PM