KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » I'm Sorry

I'm Sorry
Started by: Diamonds

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Diamonds
I'm Special.

I'm Sorry

I wrote this story for an English assessment, and we were told it was not allowed to exceed a thousand words. Mine is well over. I like it, though, and thought I'd post it. I've marked where the 1000th word is with a *
Enjoy and tell me what you think happy

I’m Sorry

Beth trailed her Nike trainers over the tarmac, her light brown curtains of hair covering her face. She tossed the gentle curls over her shoulder.
Her two friends, Carly and Ben, were bickering, as always. Ignoring them, she tipped the swing she was sitting on forward, and back, forward, and back, until her feet left the floor. She let her back fall into a graceful arc and closed her eyes; her stomach flipping and she sailed through the air.
“You look like some weird bird,” her friend, Freddie, broke the poetic atmosphere.
Beth shot him a glare, her green eyes sharp and piercing.
“Wish those two would shut up,” he said, jerking his thumb over his shoulder.
“Do they ever?”
The two friends fell silent, Freddie listening to the arguing duo, Beth daydreaming.
“Just shut up, okay! You don’t understand!” Beth heard Carly sob. Uh oh – she didn’t realise Carly was crying. With a jerk of her shoulders, Carly was off into the wood, still weeping.
No-one said anything; all they could hear was the ever-decreasing sound of Carly crying.
After a long period of the three friends looking at each other, Beth broke the silence.
“For God’s sake, Ben, go and see if she’s alright.” We all know you love her.
Not that she said that, of course.
Warily, Ben went into the woods, the hair on his neck standing up. He was fuming – how dare Carly say those hateful things and storm off like a toddler having a tantrum when he gave her a piece of his mind. But he also felt guilty – they were best friends, and he loved her, maybe slightly more than just a friend.
As he strode further through the trees, he felt un-nerved. The trees bristled around him, like whispers. He swallowed. He couldn’t hear Carly. He tried calling her. What came from his mouth was barely a whisper. This wasn’t right. He wanted to run back. He couldn’t; his feet seemed to carry him forwards. This was freaky.
Carly, you better be here or I’ll kill you for making me do this.

He rounded a corner, and –

------------------------------

Beth and Freddie looked at each other fleetingly as a yell emitted from the trees.
They waited, frozen, silent.
Ben came flying out of the trees, looking horrified.
“Ben?”
“What happened?”
“She was – I don’t – it was…I just – I can’t – it – she…” Eddie shuddered and broke off, his eyes wide.
Concerned, Beth furrowed her eyebrows.
“I’ll go see what’s up with Carly.”
Her legs shook as she walked into the thick of the trees. What was she going to see? What was wrong with Carly? What was so terrible that Ben had the speech shocked out of him? Was she hurt? She dreaded the answer to all of these questions. The trees had never seemed this intimidating before. Her heart thudded. Her breath caught in her throat. She turned. She saw. She froze. She screamed.

--------------------------------

What Beth, Freddie and Ben saw that day would stay etched in their minds forever. How could anyone forget the sight of their best friend covered in blood and curled up in pain like that? But life goes on. For the others, anyway.

--------------------------------

Beth shivered as she sat down to be questioned. She was in her own room, but she felt claustrophobic as a large man with glasses peered down at her. Her mother stood next to him, looking nervous.
“Your name is Bethan Christy, correct?”
“Yes,” she whispered.
“You were at Grange Park on the fifteenth of September, is that right?”
“Yes.”
“Can you tell me who was there?”
Beth swallowed.
“Me and my three friends, Ben, Freddie, and…and…” Beth broke off.
“Carly Stevenson.”
Beth nodded.
It had only been a week since her best friend had died, and she had answered these questions three times already. It never got any easier; she still couldn’t say her name. Each day passed more slowly, each day getting worse. At least she didn’t have Ben’s problems; they were accusing him of killing her. She didn’t know if there was any truth; he was angry when he went into the wood, but Beth seriously doubted he would kill her. But if it wasn’t Ben, who did kill her? She needed someone to blame, someone to get angry at. She and Ben and Freddie had fallen out over this, when they should have been helping and supporting each other.
“What happened that day?”
Beth just looked at him. This stranger expected her to open up her heart to him. How dare he? How dare he barge into her house, and prey into her mind as if she was a book to be read? How dare he?”
“Miss Christy?”
“I don’t want to tell you.”
A tear dropped from the end of her nose. Her mother moved towards her, and wrapped her arms around her. Beth sobbed into her mother’s blouse.
“There, there, dear, come now, ssh…”
Mrs Christy rocked her like a baby, calming her down.
“We need to find out what happened,” the policeman said.
“Beth, the police need to know. They have to lock the maniac who killed Carly –”
Beth wrenched away.
“Fine! Fine! You want to know what happened? It was a nice day. We finished school, went to the park, had a laugh. She and Ben started fighting, like always, over something stupid, something little. They always do – did. It turned into something bigger, he was shouting, she was shouting, crying, she ran off. I told him to go and get her. He went. He found her there where she was, dead, and ran back. He was jabbering like an idiot, I went to see what was up. The trees, it was* all weird, dead creepy, and then I saw her, all mangled and red and dead. Dead. Blood, all over. Dead. Red, bleeding, dead. She was dead. I screamed, fell over, cried, screamed, Freddie came, dialled 999, we cried, wailed, frozen, dying inside, getter her blood on us, crying, weeping, she was dead, our friend, Carly, dead. Carly.”
Beth was rigid, crying again, whispering her name over and over again.
“There! Happy now!” she screeched at the policeman. “Now you know, you can try to find out how she died, what sicko killed her, murdered her, and I’m telling you, you can stop accusing Ben, he didn’t kill her, he loved her you thick pig, ask anyone! GET OUT OF MY ROOM, YOU EVIL-”
Beth swore and cried harder.
“Out, out, get out, get out…” she whispered, curling up into a ball, lying onto her pillow, crying all the time.
She slept.

-------------------------------

Beth woke up two days later, still exhausted. Her mother was at the foot of the bed.
“Honey, thank God you’re awake. There’s so much to tell you!”
Beth propped herself up onto her pillows.
“Wha- what’s happened?” she asked, groggily.
“Well, they did more tests on Carly,” her voice softened, “and they’ve found out that nobody murdered her.”
“What d’you mean?”
“Well, they found marks all over her; on her legs, arms, everywhere. They searched her room, and found a pen-knife, plasters and fabric dressing in a box in her wardrobe.”
“You mean…”
“I know myself she never liked to wear skirts and short sleeved tops; she was covering herself. Apparently she’d spent a fortune on make up. Her parents thought she just wanted to look pretty. That wasn’t it,” her mother’s eyes had filled with tears, and what she was saying clearly pained her.
“So, all this time, she had been…cutting herself?”
Mrs Christy nodded.
“They think she went too far last Friday, didn’t think and…well. They say they think it was unintentional, but she lost too much blood.”
“But…she was happy, she was always laughing, joking around…why?”
Beth couldn’t cry. She’d cried enough.
“Do Freddie and Ben know?”
Another nod.
“I’m going over to Ben’s house now.”
She half expected her mother to stop her, but she didn’t.
“Okay. Take a bath, first though, unwind a bit. I’ll take you myself. Go on,” Mrs Christy smiled sadly.

----------------------------------

As Beth ran her bath, she reflected upon what had happened. She knew this would make she and her friends stronger. They would stick together, confide in each other, comfort each other.
Whatever they went through, they could handle it. Whatever happened, they would share their feelings. They wouldn’t let this happen again.
I love you, Carly, whatever you’re doing. I won’t forget you, ever. I’m sorry. I should have known, I could have helped, would have stopped this. I didn’t. I’m sorry.

http://sweetaslemons.deviantart.com/

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:10 PM
Diamonds is currently offline Click here to Send Diamonds a Private Message Find more posts by Diamonds Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

DIAMONDS IS BACK!!! Sorry if im slow but I haven't been on in a while lol. That's SO sad. Again, as always, amazazing!

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 12:44 AM
iluvhp1_7 is currently offline Click here to Send iluvhp1_7 a Private Message Find more posts by iluvhp1_7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diamonds
I'm Special.

I return stick out tongue
Thanks ^^

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 04:52 PM
Diamonds is currently offline Click here to Send Diamonds a Private Message Find more posts by Diamonds Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

That's depressing. Nice work, though.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:51 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

That was amazing.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 11:58 PM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diamonds
I'm Special.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trickster
That's depressing. Nice work, though.
Depressing, yes. Thanks, though.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by d-fly_girl008
That was amazing.
Yay, thank you!

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 08:39 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Amazing, simply amazing. Depressing though, you should write more.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2006 06:38 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

i think it could be a little more developed, it seemed to be sort of rushed.

does this work?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 02:06 AM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChiquitaZ
Everybody's Changing <3

i was really good. You should extend the story, since you don't have to worry about the 1000 word limit here stick out tongue

someday soon we will all know....

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 03:48 PM
ChiquitaZ is currently offline Click here to Send ChiquitaZ a Private Message Find more posts by ChiquitaZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrincessNk
.Confused.

Depressing but really really good..Awesome!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2007 04:59 PM
PrincessNk is currently offline Click here to Send PrincessNk a Private Message Find more posts by PrincessNk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote