KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » The legend of Gillodeus

The legend of Gillodeus
Started by: The Black Death

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
*=DeathReaperr'
The Dark Knight

The legend of Gillodeus

The Legend of Gillodeus Andromachus the Blood Thirsty

Its cold tonight, the deserts of Carthage have always been cold, but tonight it seems exceptionally cold. Maybe it’s the chill sent trough the air as my army rests for the battle ahead of us. A massive Carthaginian army stands between the conquest of its capital and I. I must deploy my troops wisely…if I am to even consider a victory for the glory of Rome, I must….

“Sir?”
“Yes, Pillopodias?”
“I have been wondering, if the army of Carthage expects us…why do they not attack us at our most vulnerable time?”

“Because my good friend this general has a sense of honor. Only on a true battlefield can
a battle be won. Only lesser commanders attack without some sort of warning.”

“Didn’t Scipio Defeat a massive Carthaginian army with only 1,200 men and a torrent of ambushes?”

“Scipio is a fool, He knows not the art of proper combat. He uses trickery and womanly tactics to win battles. A fool I say, Leave me I must ponder alone if we are to win this battle.”

Pillopodias, Performing a flawless Roman salute agreed “Yes, Sir. I hope Apollo blesses us tomorrow.”

“ As do I.” Replies Gillodeus.

Gillodeus falls asleep in his tent after hours upon hours of careful planning. He awakes in a daze as his servant wakes him.

“Sir, your wife is here.”

“Kimeus! What are you doing here?” He gasps as he comes out of the tent, obviously surprised.

“I came to bring you our family body armor, the one my father wore during the first Punic wars, It will bring you luck.” ‘ I hope.’ She doesn’t say.

He looks at his angelic looking wife lovingly; her beautiful figure shaped as if sculpted by Jupiter himself, “Oh Kimeus…what would I do without you.”
He lays a tender kiss upon her lips

“But please” He gestures towards her “You must leave this place, it will soon become a field of battle and if anything were to happen to you…I would run into my own sword.”

“Oh my love, I will only for your sake” The kiss again as they part
“Come, servant” she orders

Gillodeus watches as his wife rides away into the sunrise: towards the port where his fleet is docked.

The Quarters of Hannibal of Carthage

“Sir, the elephants have been fed and are ready for battle.” Explains the general’s aide mid salute.

Hannibal, saluting, orders, “Good, Have my men fed a hearty meal of lamb. Tomorrow we ride and many of them may not come back.”

As the aide exists the building, Hannibal’s most trusted captain walks in. “Our men await your pre-battle speech sir.”

“Thank you Cipriano ill be with them in just a moment.”

“Yes sir” Cipriano exits the building after a crisp salute.

This Gillodeus will not make it back to Rome, I will make sure of that, Its nearly winter and the gods tell us of good times ahead for Carthage. Rome will fall and I shall be made ruler of Italy and Africa. The Roman people will bend to my will, this other general…Scipio he will fall to my cavalry as well. In another coming battle that will be always remembered for generations to come.

Hannibal walks towards the valley where 100,000 men lay in wait for his words of courage. He takes in the sights….in the background 20 massive elephants can be seen. His favorite unit of war, he loves to use it charges.

As he steps to the top of the hill over looking the valley, his men turn to him. They are ready to absorb every word of his, every brave syllable he will blurt out and then be ready for war.

“Men! Heed my words, for many of you shall not make it back for the victory celebrations upon Rome’s Capital. Our enemies, the army of Italia waits for us to make our move, they lay in wait in Zalamus the valley of war. We shall bring the war to them and we will be victorious. Roman arms will fall to the mettle of Carthage and we will feast upon the entrails of their soldiers. As a general of Carthage I declare that against the Romans there will be total war. We will not show mercy for anyone of Roman blood, they will all die like the dogs they are. If Rome is brave enough to stand against our might; then let slip the dogs of war!” at this the Carthaginian’s cheered, ready for the battle ahead of them and ready to take the war to Italy’s shores.

Gillodeus stands ready to give his own speech

“Romans! Carthage is just 4 days march away, but between us and victory stands Hannibal and his massive army, Scipio thinks that he will be the one to defeat Hannibal, but he is mistaken, for it is our army of 150,000 strong Roman soldiers that will do the job. We are Rome’s finest and its last hope against the armies of Carthage, our bravery and strength shall win the day. Carthage will fall at our feet, Rome will cheer in joy and the world will tremble as Rome becomes the strongest nation in the world!”

Gillodeu’s speech rattles the Romans in frenzy. They begin their march east, towards Hannibal, and Carthage.

Two massive armies stand, the troops standing without sway as they all look at the others eyes.

The battle unfolds as Hannibal sounds the horn, a shrill whine upon the air signals the flight of arrows. The Roman cohorts raise their shields, protecting themselves from the torrent of death flying at their direction. After this volley ends the Romans let their own arrows fly. Dozens of men on both sides fall to the tiny spears. Some have them pierced upon their hearts the lucky ones are struck in the brain.

Hannibal uses his intelligence then…he uses his missile men to target the enemy archers, they fall by the hundreds.

Angered by this Gillodeus charges his equites at the enemy bowmen. They fall to their spears quickly, each pierced in the torso, blood spraying in all directions.

The Elephants charge now, right at the line of hoplites in phalanx formation, the hoplites stand ready; bracing for the impact.
The elephants jump back as the spears pierce their blubber, blood running down their legs. The elephants were merely a distraction because Hannibal’s cavalry charges at the phalanx’s right flank. Men after men fall to the sword, limbs and heads fly in all directions. The phalanx then recovers, and surrounds the cavalry. The long spears quickly obliterate them.

All during this time Gillodeus stands, with his infantry…waiting for the moment to charge. The thoughts going trough his brain are of how he will kill that coward in the enemy infantry line, staring right at him.

As Hannibal’s cavalry is downed Gillodeus decides to charge all his forces at the enemy, a grave mistake that may cost him his life. The drums of war pick up the tempo, a crescendo of battle music that makes men’s hearts throb and longing for battle. The infantry lines clash, the cavalry flanks and the elephants annihilate. Gillodeus dodges a sword meant for him, parries another blow and dismembers his assailant. He continues to pierce the enemy line. His legionnaires fighting with roman might, each slaying their own man in expert grace.

Pillopodias fares well as well, His cavalry takes hundreds of men, slaying with such fierce force that the enemy is forced to rout for the hills.

Neither man notices that Hannibal and his cavalry have pulled back, including 900 of his finest troops. They retreat towards the copse and wait.

Gillodeus makes short work of the enemy infantry, he has already decapitated and dismembered 200 men. Completely covered in blood he looks absolutely fearsome.
He continues charging as the infantry retreats, their army reduced to just a thousand.

Gillodeus does not realize his heavy losses as well, He only has about 700 hundred men remaining. The battlefield is lined with many, many corpses. Many burned and crushed by Hannibal’s ornagons. The stench of death is apparent all around, 7 hours have passed and Gillodeus still charges. Killing man after man he tries to find Hannibal.

He cannot see him, but he is just 100 feet away. Ready to charge with all his might.

“Hit them in the flanks!” he yells.

Hannibal charges at the very same infantry unit Gillodeus is in. They clash with sword and shield. Gillodeus kills 3 men in succession, deflecting a blow and slicing a mans throat, he then parries another while he blocks one with his shield, He sweeps the sword under another mans feet and slams the shield at another. The man, his feet cut from under him falls. The man that was slammed back with the shield flies back, and is pierced by Gillodeu’s sword in mid-flight.

Hannibal locates Gillodeus, he makes his way towards him, killing all in his way. With him are 6 other men, ready to strike. Gillodeus sees him, and prepares for the duel. They stand at the center of their armies, Circling and parrying, dodging and cleaving. Hannibal makes a cut at Gillodeus’s head, which ducks under it and makes a stab at Hannibal’s midsection, it makes contact with his sword and it swings towards Gillodeus’s leg. It strikes flesh and bone, Gillodeus lets out a yell and tries to slice at Hannibal’s side. Then at that same moment Hannibal’s bodyguards move in. 7 swords pierce Gillodeus, including Hannibal’s own.

His last thoughts are with his wife. He loves her dearly and regrets that he sent her away, because he would like now more than ever to see her.
He closes his eyes and his last breath is spent.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 06:29 PM
*=DeathReaperr' is currently offline Click here to Send *=DeathReaperr' a Private Message Find more posts by *=DeathReaperr' Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote