KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » The Abandoned House

The Abandoned House
Started by: Venomous Yoshi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

The Abandoned House

I wrote this story a couple of years ago...

The Abandoned House

It was a normal day at Oakland High School. The teachers were giving lectures and homework. During lunch, Leon and I were busy talking about video games. After our conversation, I heard a group of boys talking about the old house at the end of the block. One of the boys said that it was cursed. Another boy said it was cursed. They all agreed that it was cursed. I turned around and said that it wasn’t cursed. They told me to shut up and mind my own business. That was when one of them dared me to go in the old building. I told them that it would not be a problem. Leon didn’t believe the house was cursed so he wanted to come along.

We decided to meet at the old building after school. The old building was just a very old house that was suppose to have been knocked down 10 years ago. It still had a roof, porch, windows, a door, chimney, and stairs. The house was pretty big and had a picket fence around it. The walls were in bad condition and the porch looked weak. The house did look a little scary, though. Leon wasn’t scared. Neither was I. The group of boys were very afraid but tried to hide it. They urged us to go inside to get it over with. It wasn’t a big deal. Leon and I enter the old building with no worries.

Inside the house was worst than the outside. The walls were decaying. The furniture was raggedy. The roof was flaking off. Leon and I were still not scared. In fact we decided to explore the place. I looked out the window and found out that the boys were gone. They were really afraid of this old house. Leon was looking in all the rooms. There were only about two bedrooms, one kitchen, two bathrooms, one dining room, and a front room. The biggest room in the house was the dining room. It had a lot tables and chairs. Suddenly, I tripped on something big and fell on the dusty floor. I thought it was a ball. I didn’t care what it was so I didn’t look at it. Leon was in the kitchen. I couldn’t believe he was looking for something to eat in a house that was empty for 10 years. When he opened the refrigerator, flies burst out towards him. He didn’t scream but he did shriek. The flies went out through the closest window. The refrigerator was very smelly. The food inside was molded with hair sticking out. That was when I noticed some stairs heading towards the basement.

Leon insisted that we leave before something bad happens. I could tell that he was starting to feel uncomfortable. I felt a little uncomfortable, too. We decided that we were going to explore the basement then leave. The basement was worst than the rest of the house. The floor was weak so we had to be careful. Leon and I walked across the floor to the end of the room. There was a loud crashing noise before I got to the other side. I looked behind myself and saw a big hole on the floor that wasn’t there before. Leon was nowhere to be seen. He must have fell through the floor. He must have fell because he was heavier than me. I looked down in the hole and saw him lying on the floor. There was a room below the basement! It was a circular room that was much smaller than the basement. It had bones and streaks of blood on the walls. It looked like a pit. I tried to get up but fell through the floor.

As I was falling, I grabbed something and looked down. Leon looked unconscious. I looked around the room and came to the conclusion that the room was really a pit. I jumped down and landed a couple of yards away from Leon. I woke up Leon and noticed he had a cut on his face. I didn’t ask how he got it. He told me that he was okay. I was glad that he wasn’t hurt. Both of us looked around the room and found dead bodies. I found a loose brick and dislodged it. It led us to a chamber. It only had a bed made of stone. On the corners were straps of leather. About 20 feet above the bed was an ax that was pointing downwards. The bed had a body print and some blood on it. Now I was really uncomfortable. That was when we heard a noise. It sounded like a squeaking noise that was made by an animal. It was coming from a closet in the next room. Leon was already in front of the closet. He opened the closet and a swarm of bats came out.

It was like a black cloud. I was amazed that so many bats could come out of a closet. They surrounded us in just 5 seconds. Leon was officially scared. He ran beside me. I wasn’t scared that much. Bats were my favorite animals. At that moment, they dived towards us. Leon and I ran the other way. They were trying to attack us. Another group of bats came in front of us. They attacked us. They were all over us. I tried to get them off. The bats were covering my whole body. They were biting us. Leon was screaming louder than me. I manage to swat most of the bats off of me and grab Leon by the hand. We started running as fast as we could. Leon was right behind me. The swarm of bats were a couple of yards away. We had to get outside. Bats don’t like sunlight.

We climbed up all the staircases. We were getting closer to the top so we could leave out the door. While we were running from the bats we gained some more distance. Then I heard a crashing noise. I turned around. It was Leon. He tripped over the same thing that tripped me. The thing was a skeleton head. If I would have looked at it when it tripped me, I would have known what to expect. Too bad I didn’t. Leon was hurt. He skinned his knee. It was bleeding. I had to go back and get him. Just then I saw the swarm of bats about turning the corner and heading for Leon. They must have smelled the blood. This time there was more than before. The door to outside was about 13 feet from me. If I go back to Leon, the bats would get both if us. I could leave right now but lose my best friend in the process. Should I leave my best friend in order to escape? Is he worth risking my life for? I was hesitating. The bats were getting closer and closer. Leon was continuously telling me to get him before he die. He was scared. I didn’t know what to do. I had no choice. I made my decision.
I took off towards the door. I knew that I would regret this. Leon was both mad and scared. I heard him shout something; that he thought I was his friend. Those were his last words. I heard him scream and the squeaking of the bats grew louder. I heard the tearing of flesh as Leon’s screams died down. I refused to look back. I jumped outside the house and closed the doors so the bats couldn’t come out. I took a deep breath. I lost my best friend in the process of saving myself. That must have been the most selfish thing I have ever done. I decided to look in the window to see what happened to Leon. I almost threw up. His body was covered with blood. His insides were on the outside. The bats were still gnawing on his flesh. I had to turn away. I couldn’t take anymore. His words stayed in my mind. He thought I was his friend. I really was his friend. I couldn’t believe he was gone. I could never see him again. And to think all of this happened because of a stupid dare...

So, how was it?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 06:09 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

omg....so scary

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 09:11 PM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ozone
You need me to live.

Wow, this is a very good story. Do you accept requests? If you do, write a sequel to this story or another story just like it.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 10:14 PM
Ozone is currently offline Click here to Send Ozone a Private Message Find more posts by Ozone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote