KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Last Moments

Last Moments
Started by: xEsaulx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Last Moments

Last Moments

Chapter I: The First Day

Mrs. Antherson and her wonderful husband Mr. Antherson lived in a small town located in New Hampshire. They thought it was the perfect place to live, and so they settled in and stayed there for many years. And through those years together being happily married, they raised two children, Thomas and Ella.

Mrs. Antherson quit from her days at college hoping to get her masters. Mr. Antherson on the other hand never went to college; he dropped out of high school when he was seventeen. All his life he lived in Maine, but after a fight with his stepmother, she forced him to move in with his sister in New Hampshire, where he met Mrs. Antherson.

August 30th happened to be the day that they met; it also was the day that they married, and the day that their nephew Anthony was born. It was also today, their tenth year anniversary celebrating ten years of vicissitudes that they shared together. They made sure to have their kids out of the house so they could be alone. Or so they thought.

Kathy, Mrs. Antherson’s closest friend promised to take Thomas and Ella for the night. The plans backfired when her ex husband appeared drunk at her front door. She for the most obvious reasons could not watch them for the night. This ruined the romantic dinner Mr. Antherson worked so hard to make happen.

Mr. and Mrs. Antherson could not afford a luxurious two-story home, which was far out of their budget. Instead, they lived in a trailer park with three bedrooms. This wasn’t the most romantic place to celebrate their anniversary, but the events that led up to it were quite unexpected.

Mr. Antherson tried to make everything perfect to make his wife happy. Candles lit up the dining room where they ate their meal. Mrs. Antherson took a sip of her wine, then smiling to her husband. She held onto his firm, rough hand, squeezing it gently. The crying of a baby interrupted the two. Ella.

“God damn it!” Mr. Antherson swore out of vexation.

“Paul, there is no need for you to swear.”

“Ann, this has been going far too long. Every single night she whines, she cries, and she whines. I can’t take it.”

She was appalled by the way he overreacted. He never snapped at Ella crying. “God forsake you can’t handle a little girl crying. You certainly handled Thomas okay. What is with you tonight?”
“First our plans for tonight are ruined because some ****ing drunk bastard had to show up at that skank’s house.”

“Skank? Who are you calling a skank? Kathy is my friend. I am surprised you haven’t called me a skank yet! We are practically twins for Christ’s sake!”

“What about that baby of yours? She always cries! I have never heard a baby cry so ****ing much.”

Ann needed to take a deep breath. What’s gotten into him? She tried to look for something that seemed familiar to her when she gazed at him. Nothing looked the same at all. She could not see his brown hair or eyes, or even the smile of comfort. Then she remembered about Ella, she was still crying! Getting up from the table, she was about to go to her daughter’s room. Paul slammed his fist against the wooden table making a large thump. He too rose from his seat, his face a vivid red.

“Don’t you ever dare walk away from me, *****,” he slapped her hard across the face. Ann was petrified, afraid of what he did. Tears welled up in her eyes, wanting to hide in a corner. He raised his hand once more causing her to cower. Then it lowered and his face turned to a calm state. “Ann, I didn’t mean to.”

“Go to Hell,” she gritted through her teeth poisoning him with words like venom from a snake. She left the dining room and nearly walked into little three-year-old Thomas who was in a fetal position. He heard and saw everything. “Sweetie, everything’s okay. Shhh…” she lifted him and stroked his blond hair, kissing the top of his head. “Mommy’s here now.”

As minutes roll by, Mrs. Antherson managed to make both Thomas and Ella fall asleep. She dared to go down to the kitchen, to face Paul. But he was not there. He was nowhere to be found. He walked out of the house and he never returned.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 10:00 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote