KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Nocturne: Fantasies & Delusions

Nocturne: Fantasies & Delusions
Started by: ESB -1138

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Nocturne: Fantasies & Delusions

My next story (it's not the Judgment of Celestial again...surprise, suprise) is called Nocturne: Fantasies & Delusions...hence the title. The story follows the sixteen year old Rachael who has been having some problems with school, friends, and family. Everyone and everything seems to be turning against her as she begins to see suicide as her only way out. One night she has a dream where she finds herself in the land called Reverie and meets the resident Nocturne (who looks just like a boy she knows). Nocturne takes her through Reverie to try to show her that life is worth living.

Inspired through such works such as Peter Pan, Alice & Wonder Land, Billy Joel's songs Nocturne, Everybody has a Dream, You're Only Human (Second Wind), the Stranger, and games such as the Super Mario series and the NiGHTS series.

In the lyics of Everybody has a Dream:
While in these days of quiet desperation
As I wander through the world in which I live
I search everywhere for some new inspiration
But it's more than cold reality can give
If I need a cause for celebration
Or a comfort I can use to ease my mind
I rely on my imagination
And I dream of an imaginary time

Oh oh, and I know that everybody has a dream
Everybody has a dream, everybody has a dream
And this is my dream, my own
Just to be at home and to be all alone with you

If I believe in all the words I'm saying
And if a word from you can bring a better day
Then all I have are these games that I've been playing
To keep my hope from crumbling away
So let me lie and let me go on sleeping
And I will lose myself in palaces of sand
And all the fantasies that I will be keeping
Will make the empty hours easier, easier to stand

And I know that everybody has a dream
Everybody has a dream, everybody has a dream
And this is my dream, my own, just to be at home
And to be all alone, all alone with you
Oh, oh, with you

I know that everybody has a dream, oh oh, everybody has a dream
I know that everybody has a dream, everybody

That would best sum of Nocturne: Fantasies & Delusions.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 08:45 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Chapter I
Everybody has a Dream

‘Rachael wake up! Time for school!’ her mother, Ashley shouted downstairs from the kitchen. Rachael woke up struggling to keep her eyes opened. It was around seven in the morning on a Wednesday. Days have been darker for Rachael as the hours have been slowly passing. Just a few days ago she was in a fight with her best friends that ended in them hating her…at first Rachael didn’t mind but time caught up to her.

Rachael has turned sixteen two months ago and has since begun to keep to herself because everything seems to be going wrong. It seems the only person who hasn’t gone on to hate her is Billy…and he’s not really her friend. Just more of a bus buddy; someone to talk to on the bus ride home. School days have become her more tedious part of her routine now as it seems that she is universally hated amongst everyone; not just her friends.

Rumors have begun to spread around the school about her. None are true. Still Rachael can’t convince a single soul that they are lies; except Billy who has always been a loner. Rachael finds herself alone with the only friend is the ones she imagined. Trying to remember times when she felt joy…that is beginning harder and harder to do as the memories of happiness is slowly being flooded away by memories of heartache.

~~~

‘About time you came down,’ Rachael’s mother said on the stove fixing eggs. She seemed oblivious to Rachael’s self-loathing as she sank down in the chair that sat in the middle of the kitchen. Ashley had her plate ready for her already with eggs and bacon and a glass of orange juice laid out for her. The clock slowly made its daily round without complaint or objections to its job. It was nearing seven thirty and Rachael would have to go off to school soon.

School, she thought, why must I go to a place where I’m hated by everyone?

Rachael would often write now in her diary to try to keep her emotions at bay. She couldn’t afford to have a nervous breakdown with no one to lean on. She silently ate her breakfast with her mother still paying no attention to her…her mother rarely pays attention to her; mostly it’s when she is in trouble. Rachael finished eating and went back to her bedroom to change into her school uniform to start the day. It was the first day of spring.

Rachael took a quick shower and quickly changed into her uniform and grabbed her homework. All she had was Geometry homework and with that she headed back downstairs. Rachael looked over to her mother who still hadn’t looked at her and with her head down as she made her way to the bus stop. She walked slowly…debating amongst herself whether or not to ditch school. The bus stop was on her street corner and took her roughly five minutes to reach it.

Rachael found herself now standing on the corner waiting for the bus; almost like she was dragged here against her will. Her mind continued to wander; why should I got to school? It seems pointless to go. My grades won’t drop just for missing one day. One day never changed the outcome to anyone’s grades. Why should I care about my grades so much anyway? No one in my family’s history has ever gone to college! I will be fine.

‘…has loneliness finally taken the best of me?’ Rachael asked herself aloud. The bus became visible after a few minutes making its way towards her. The bus came to a stop and reluctantly she climbed onboard and looked at everyone sitting down…Billy wasn’t in sight. Rachael sighed and sat down four rows down on the left looking out the window. For as long as she remembered Billy never missed school and the day she needed him the most he was gone.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 10:44 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote