KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » A Soul's Tale

A Soul's Tale
Started by: Reshintoe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Reshintoe

A Soul's Tale

A soul's tale isn't really the working title I plan to come up with a better one eventually...that is if I ever finish the story itself.

Warning: There are alot of errors in this I know I just haven't taken the time to go back and correct all of them, I plan to, but this is just the rough draft, this is literally from my brain to my fingers and nothing in between, so please be gentle.

and yes I know that I'm not a very good writer, you can omit that from any reviews, Yes I know I suck but I like writing... now onto the story

Souls Tale
By: Kindly omitted my name (I've acttually forgotten to do that before...)

Prologue
“By darkest day, by brightest night, spirits hear this call tonight. spirits of the world round hear this sound, hear this plea spirits now come to me. Cross the flow of time and space, Cross now to this place, come to me I beg of thee aid in my time of need!” Here I stood the ground beneath me cracking and rumbling as I feel the energy flow though me as I feel it all gather within my hand. My own body shakes with fear as I stare blankly at my enemy who I’ve fought for so long. Who I see before me, and whom is my equal in every way but one. And hopefully that one thing which I have worked to attain for so long but that unknowingly has been by my side all this time. Waiting, standing in the shadows until the moment when I needed it most but that’s not important now, now all I see is my enemy, my energy and what I must do…I sigh looking back on all the events that have brought me to this place, At this time. For this reason I wonder what if that one event that had started all of this had never happen…

Chapter 1

I was bawling uncontrollably as blood poured from my forehead my bother panicking, my mother in tears as she tells him to hold a wet rag to my head quickly I remember we all got in the car, me, my brother, my sisters, and mother all driving wildly to the hospital my father at work had no idea the events occurring. Even now though I’m not that sure of the events that happened, I remember jumping over the love seat sofa hitting the heavy cousins and bouncing off then all I remember we’re blurred images flashes of color and the sharp stinging pain in my head my vision was blurred my sobs began to quite as I lay in the hospital or at least I think it was the hospital I’m not sure all I remember was I saw lights and a lot of people in white moving around and of course the blood from my head but the pain seemed to have fade away…..I can’t quite remember what happen after that I awoke in the car my father was speaking I’m not sure to whom but I remember falling back to sleep. A few days later I was feeling fine and I had gotten stitches at the hospital but what was odd is that I was fine not just you know saying oh mom I’m fine after you get a scrape or something I was really fine I was not hurt at all if anything I felt better then I ever had, but it wasn’t just feeling good I felt more free like a lock had been lifted from me, little did I know then but a sort of lock had been lifted and this one small event triggered many other that would all lead to the same end but even though it had started this was not nearly as big an event as others to come……

Chapter 2

A little while after my head injury when I was about Seven my family moved from Georgia to Maryland, but again this small event would cause larger things in the future. Since my blow on the head as a small child I had been blessed with an increase knowledge of many things though once again I could not at the time explain this and simply chalked it up to reading a lot. While living in Maryland I learned many lessons some of which I know were good to learn but I wished I had learned them an easier way. while living in Maryland I learn of how people can do stupid things for stupid reasons. I was betrayed by my best friend, I was betrayed by my so called girlfriend and my best friend or rather my second best friend well he made an interesting imprint on my life it was he who not even knowing so first sparked my interest in the elements. Actually its funny we started a street hockey team and called our selves the elements each person on the team having a nickname for one of the elements fire, water, air, earth. After that I began looking more and more into the elements I wanted to know what was the most powerful but in the end I found that not only was there a whole new element but that the elements balanced each other. The most important events that happen in Maryland was first of all I crashed my bike without a helmet thus being dealt another blow to my head, but this time was different for this time I blacked out and something, or one, actually I’m not really sure even now what happen but all I know is I awoke roughly 5 feet from my bike in the grass when I know for a fact that I was heading toward the cement sidewalk, But even landing in the grass again awoke a dormant part of me a part that I guess you could say I used sometimes but never knew it at least not until after this. I got up from the crash with a lot of small scrapes and bruises but nothing major, but what was really weird about this was the next day after a bath my wounds were gone I wasn’t even sore or anything I was fine as if nothing had happen. After that I began becoming more and more aware of my power but then again I knew nothing of them really what they could truly do if used for the right thing in the right way. For example I could psychically manipulate elemental energy, basically I could control fire and such to a small amount but this had another purpose for which I shall tell later, but for now I’ll stick with the timeline. So as my powers began to mature my body and mind also began to recover what I guess you could call memories, but they were not my own now that I think about it really I don’t know how I had these memories. But they were vivid and sometimes frightened me, but of course being ignorant at the time I just thought it was my imagination. However this was far from what it was but once again that’s another story for later. Now for the moment I’ll draw your attention to an event in my life that change everything for me. Shortly after learning to scarcely control my powers something happened, it was a great shock to me, but once while I was walking though the woods behind my house I was unlucky enough to happen to upset a copper head (for those of you who don’t know that’s a poisonous snake that strikes fast Anyway, getting back on the story) I ran into a copper head and it was ready to strike but suddenly as if my whole body and soul were willing it my hand clasp into a fist then suddenly a long light blue tube shaped bar of energy sprung up from my fist. This tube…. This blade…emitted and pulsed from my palm as I stared at the snake for a moment…then something began to ring inside my head “your life is both your own and yet it is not your own…you must use your gifts to protect your life and the life of those around you…” these words from that point so many times echoed in my ears, but at that moment with a loud yell I swung the blade and sliced the snakes head off in one fluent motion. For a moment I stared at the snake then at my hand as the blade slowly faded away as a light blue hue passed over my hand and arm before fading and it was then…It was then that I knew that beyond what I could do as a human I had a purpose, a path, a task that I must do and that I could not let myself fail at no matter what…. Even if it meant my own life I could not fail…

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 06:25 AM
Reshintoe is currently offline Click here to Send Reshintoe a Private Message Find more posts by Reshintoe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reshintoe

chapter 3 is long so I couldn't squeeze in four....

Chapter 3

From that moment on I focused on training my body mind and spirit for the challenges that lie ahead of me. Its funny though now that I look back on it I trained and train but really what I was seeking to attain was already within me. So I trained with my powers and in turn I grew stronger in more then one way. This was one of the first times I began to see that there is balance within every thing. In this case the balance was what is commonly called the balance of the sun, moon and earth, which translated, means the balance of spirit, mind and body. This meant that the stronger I became in one way the others would grow equally. This also made me much more adapt to illness, heat, cold and things like that.

After I had mastered my simpler powers and talents I began to discover that in my newfound skills lay new powers. Such as I began to be able to more then just manipulate the energy of elemental force; I began to be able to draw energy into my self from the elemental forces. For example I could light a candle then I could by holding my hands in a circle shape around the candle, just above or below the flame. Then I could literally draw the fire from the wick into my hands, in to my body and use that energy just as though I had slept. I began to discover more and more of my powers each passing day, but with the more powers I gained the more I had to hide and stop my self from using in public. Now I know there are those who will agree with me here to say, “god I hope this isn’t going to turn into like a superman story.” Well don’t worry cause this is life not some TV show or comic. Of course Though life being well life naturally has drama and this one is a real messed up one so those of you looking for a love story in this…forget it cause its not going to happen trust me, But I was a teenager and well we’ve all been there I mean school, cars, friends or lack there of but anyways you know what I’m talking about and me like every other teenager in the freaking world had a crush. Oh, by the way I’ll take this time to tell you I was and generally always have been a total public misfit. Anyways I had a crush and that being said it was a sort of weakness at that point in my life. Now don’t get me wrong I’m all for love and stuff but you’ll find out soon enough what I mean. Now I can’t very well use her real name in this story less to say that just wouldn’t be nice but for the matter of avoiding confusion we’ll call her Jill. For those of you who know all the types of groups and stuff people are put into by how they dress and act you know, Goth, prep, punk, nerd and such she was a kind of punk/Goth and F.Y.I. I was like punk/nerd/Goth hence why I wasn’t very liked by to many people But once again anyways I liked her and I like really liked her and we were friends but just like life always does it throws me a curve ball and knocks me on my butt. One day my class toke a trip into the city which should have made extra on guard but then again at this point I hadn’t know about what was about to happen. So we’re touring art galleries and stuff, don’t ask why I don’t know, but we were. So lunch roles around and as a way to get more kids to come on the field trip got to have it in a like outdoor food court thing and the teachers said we could walk around some so long as we were with at least two people and didn’t leave the food court. Well us being kids walked out anyways really I was just following Jill and her friends but anyways we were walking around when all the suddenly this guy with black hair and yellow eyes, about 5’11” to 6 feet tall. He was well built and stuff, basically a girls dream and of course Jill and her friend reacted as such. Now I didn’t get up set or anything cause I knew really they had no chance of getting a date so it didn’t really bother me, but that’s when someone bumped me and my glasses slid down a bit. Now I’m not like blind without my glasses for that matter I can see fairly well without them just not to far. But when I looked at him I saw something that shocked me now normally I see like an outline of what is look likes when you look at a hot road of them around their body, but this guy his was very different I mean even though his body appeared normal enough the outline around him had a tail and the fingers came to a point but little did I know that was only the beginning of how bad things were going to get. Now I know some of you may be wondering why I wasn’t worried he was some child rapist or something. Well for one I mean come on your talking to a guy who can shoot balls of energy out of his fingers and secondly he said he was 16 and he did look like it so up until I saw him over the rim of my glasses I never had a reason to worry. Now I’m not sure if it was my starting to watch him closely or something else but for some reason he got spooked and all the sudden turned and knock Jill’s friends out and grabbed Jill before taking off running. Now I knew it wouldn’t be wise to leave Jill’s friends alone so I quickly picked them up and carried them into a near by store and told the owner to call the cops then I toke off after the man. He was fast too fast to be human and suddenly it began to dawn on me what he was…He was a demon. I had not at that time ever fought a demon or even really thought much as to weather they were real or not, But then chasing him I knew he wasn’t human and so I began to start pulling out the stops and eventually manage to chase him into an empty parking lot. I was grateful no one was around, but I did have one problem…I didn’t want to use my powers because Jill was very much awake at this point and he was holding her up in front of him with a dagger to her throat and telling me to back off or he’d killer her. Now I got pissed and I said once with a look of anger and focus “let her go now and I’ll make your death quick.” The demon chuckled and pulled the dagger back against her neck cause it to cut into her skin a bit “wrong move!” I shouted as I charged at him with blinding speed and using my energy blade cut off the arm holding the dagger causing him to drop her. I pulled Jill away from his reach and told her to run. She did, but I turned when she was at the entrance…that…was a mistake. I focus on the demon and we began to battle. He was strong but he deeply underestimated me and paid for it. He assumed my blade was my only power so he tried fight from afar. Firing bolts of lighting and fire at me. He managed to hurt me a little which further drew my focus. Eventually he pushed me just a little bit to far and I shouted and unleashed a massive bolt of blue energy from my left hand. It engulfed his whole body then slowly faded into an orb that returned to me and floated in front of me until I closed my hand around it and a wave of energy passed though me. I didn’t know what it was and I didn’t have time to think about it. When I turned around I saw Jill standing in the entrance of the parking lot her body was trembling with what I can only think was pure fear. After that she didn’t talk to me much or really at all. Told you it wasn’t a love story the hero doesn’t get the girl or really anything, but then again I never really wanted anything. I think what spider man said makes since to me “This is my gift…my curse…those with great power have great responsibility.” My powers were gifts yes, but they were also a curse and most importantly it was my…job…No my duty…Responsibility? No, no that’s not right either…it was…My destiny…yes, I see now that it was my destiny to use my powers to help those that I could. I have no ideals of granger; I do not think I am some great hero or something. I am just some one using his gifts to help those that I can, but I wonder still…why me? I mean even without my power I still had other gifts I could have used to help people. Hmm, you know its odd I’m normally the type not to question like would of, could of, and should of things, But then again even as I tell you this even as your eyes scan this page my life is slowly pouring away. It’s a pretty rotten deal huh? Life being so short and time so fast…that’s the most important thing I think I can say in this tale I think, you have to take hold of each minute, each second and hold it as long as you can cause when its gone you can never get it back.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 06:27 AM
Reshintoe is currently offline Click here to Send Reshintoe a Private Message Find more posts by Reshintoe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reshintoe

Chapter 4

As I mentioned earlier I learned many lessons in Maryland, many of which I wish could have been easier. I’m still not real sure how or why it happen but, I know when my best friend betrayed me, when he betrayed my trust it taught me a whole new lesson in life. I didn’t even see it coming when it happens. Even with all my telepathic powers I never saw what I needed to when I need to. My “friend” who we will call Joe and I were pretty good friends and stuff until one day about 3 years after we had moved to Maryland Joe decided to betray me. Now I know betray may seem a strong word but its true. He one day decided to use me as a sort of public stepping stone in the since that because a lot of people made fun of me he chose to do the same. However with him it was much different. He knew all my secrets (well almost all), all the bad and all the good and he used them all of them against me. This in turn enraged me, I don’t know what it was but something just clicked and all I knew was rage. I almost struck him down right then and there but something held me back something inside just told me to let it go and I did…or so I thought at least, but I didn’t let it go I just began to bottle it and I did so each time some one upset me. It all boiled and turned within me until one day someone pushed it to far and I just couldn’t bottle it back it was like a dam inside my mind broke and unleashed all my fury. I didn’t actually hurt the guy all I did was scream and yell and held him by the shirt collar. And when I finally did realize what I was doing and what I could have done if I had struck him I broke down into tear in the middle of the lunch room and just dropped to my seat and began to sob I was talking quick and quietly I kept saying “you don’t understand…I said leave me alone…. I told you…I told you to leave me alone…but you wouldn’t…you have no idea what I could do to you and I don’t want to hurt you I really don’t” I mumbled that while I sobbed and shook I just sat there everyone was looking at me not sure what to do even the teacher had no idea what to do. In the end no one got in trouble and everyone just kind of forgot about it or didn’t care or maybe they just didn’t want try and do something and end up making it worse. Still even after that people still made fun of me, but I mange to control myself most of the time I had a few small out burst after that, but never anything major.

Chapter 5

At the end of my fifth grade school year my family moved back to Georgia. Now at this point I was pretty much emotional repressed the past two year had been spent doing intense mental training. This training however was not to control my mind, I sought to control my emotions and thoughts, but in doing so I repressed my emotions and I think I even lost a bit of my sanity too. Most of the first year of living in Georgia was fairly uneventful the demons that had frequently come after me had seemed to give up and no one knew me there which prove to be a blessing and a curse. Since no one knew me it meant no one could use my secrets against me but also it meant I had nothing that even came close to a friend. None to less I survived and manager to keep my emotions in check until about a quarter of the way into my sixth grade year I fell head over heels, jump off a cliff and fly love with a girl. Now unlike before this story doesn’t end in her finding out about my powers and actually this one ends better then the last but still not a happy ending, sorry. Anyways guess we’ll need another fake name let see hmm how about we call her Nikki. Now this one would be a long story to tell and would kind of ruin some other parts of my tale so just pay attention for bits and pieces of this love interest for now. I thought that when I left Maryland I also left certain problems there also, but life in its truest way wasn’t so kind to me. I’ll tell you now fighting the demon in Maryland was my first but certainly not my last time doing so. In fact after that day I began having to do so a lot. Now to explain, it would seem to me that demon have an information network or something of that nature cause less then a year after I moved back to Georgia they started showing up again. Unfortunately for them when I cut of my emotions it both weakened me and made me stronger for now they had no way of getting to me other then to fight me and if they did it wasn’t pretty. You see when I shut off my emotions the powers I began to master became more harsh and deadly unlike my passive powers before. To give you an idea of what I’m talking about I’ll give you an example. When I still had my powers I master a power I called nova blast, now I know naming my powers sounds like something from an anime or something but well I thought it would make it easier to explain. Anyways After I cut off my emotions I master a new power that I like to call the nova tunnel. Now the nova blast was just a simple flash and force of fire that would only lightly burn someone and force them away also blinding them for a second or two, however the nova tunnel is just like it sounds, I release a swirling vortex of fire from my hand that engulfs something or one and burns them to ash. Please note that I never used any of my powers on a human aside from some more passive ones but that’s another story. About 6 months after we moved to Georgia I was just entering sixth grade and that’s when all the work I had done to block out my emotions broke like twig under an ax. I had a major crush on this who as I said we’ll call Nikki. Now Nikki was a the keep to herself type which was one of the things I liked about her along with the fact that see was someone who makes her own choices not a go with the crowd type you know. Though out the course of my sixth grade year I both made friend with her and manager to live a kind of normal life. The demons for some reason attacked a lot less and I became very good at suppressing my powers. Now this part of the story is a part I’m both glad and sad about. Shortly into my seventh grade year I began to see I was changing, now I don’t mean your normal teenage changes. My senses became more powerful and my body began to change more so then just growing I began to heal much faster and my skin became tougher. I didn’t know at the time but this was the very reason the demons began to back off. They knew that my powers were begin to affect my body and that, was bad. At first it wasn’t that bad really side from healing faster and becoming stronger, but soon as more and more of my powers began to effect me it began to change my how I looked. My eyes began to adjust much faster, I could see in the dark. All of my senses became stronger. As you may be wondering as I was is what was causing this? Well to explain that I guess first I’ll have to explain something that I’ve never told anyone until now. I at that point was 14, however that was only the age of my body and mind, my spirit however was much older. How old exactly I can’t say but lets just say it has been around for a while. You see I or rather the spirit that inhabits my body, is what is known as a Rekoete (Re-co-tea) a spirit that lives just about forever but not always in the same host. My spirit was the source of my power and destiny. Now long ago when Magik (yes it is spent Magik, the letter c wasn’t invented until the Roman alphabet, even the Greeks used the letter K or Keppa in Greek) was in common practice one of the host of my spirit upset a powerful sage. This sage then binded the host power and thus bound the spirit. Now since the spirit lives forever the binding stuck and as such carried over to each host but in my case because of the age of the binding and the strong emotional pull of my body and mind the binding cracked. Now the binding did not break but rather weakened thus allowing me to use my powers but as the years past and my powers became stronger the binding weakened further and the flood of power began to change me as I’ve explained. Fortunately because I had learn to control my power I was also able to slow the transformation enough to the point that the binding could hold it unless I called forth my true form, but more on that later. So at this point I was in the 8th grade, this proved to be a most interesting school year for me though for this was the first time I ever encountered someone who knew of or at least had an interest in the ways of Magik and such. This person didn’t exactly like me all that much, to this day I still do not know why. But she didn’t and as such it really didn’t prove for interesting events side from a demon fight or two but nothing worth telling about sorry. (At least for now she comes up again in the future)

Well thats the first five, I'm not gonna post more (I have up to like 40 chapters its about 147 pages in 12pt font) anyways if you want more just pm me and I'll email it to you or something

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 06:29 AM