KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » T Models

T Models
Started by: T-2550

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
T-2550

T Models

Anyone can give me all models of Terminators. From the worst one to the best one?

1. T-800
2. T-850
3. T-1000
4. TX
5. ???
6. ???

is that correct? If it is what goes next ??

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 04:24 AM
T-2550 is currently offline Click here to Send T-2550 a Private Message Find more posts by T-2550 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T-2550

and what is the difference between T-101 and other models. Is T-800 T-101 ? Im really confused about that.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 06:02 AM
T-2550 is currently offline Click here to Send T-2550 a Private Message Find more posts by T-2550 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

Okay, here it goes.

T-1
T-70
T-600
T-800/850
T-900
T-1000
T-X
T-1000000

T-1: Machines in T3 that look like miniture HK tanks. They are armed with twin miniguns. Officials sources incorrectly cite these weapons as .50 caliber machine guns that fire depleted uranium rounds. In reality, they are .30 caliber weapons.

T-70: These machines are the first to actually look like Terminators. They are bulkier and less human-like so they have no hope of any sort of skin covering. On the right arm they have a Gatling gun weapon (ficticious) and were designed to be an artificial soldier. These are from T2:3D and probably no longer fit in the official Terminator storyline.

T-600: The T-600s are Terminators that have rubber skin. It is unknown whether the endoskeleton is the same as the T-800.

T-800: The T-800 is the first and only true cyborg. It is the Terminator that Arnold plays that has real flesh over a metal endoskeleton. In T3, Arnold plays the slightly upgraded 850 model that is a bit hardier (resistant even to plasma attacks).

T-900: The T-900 is a chassis in between a T-800 and T-X. Basically it's a more solid design that allows for more armor. Interestingly enough Arnold himself plays a T-900 instead of the standard T-800/850 in some of the Terminator 3 video games, for reasons unknown.

T-1000: This is the advanced prototype that appears in T2 and T2:3D. It is a liquid metal machine (more likely a nanoswarm that has variable viscosity) which allows it to mimick smooth organic shapes (such as people or stabbing weapons). For whatever reason the T-1000 has a "base shape" that it usually reverts back to. This is more than likely for the audience's convenience.

T-X: The T-X is something of a fusion between a T-800 and T-1000. It is basically a new, compact, extremely advanced chassis with an outer covering of liquid metal. This gives it a limited shape-shifting capability (though since the machine has a fixed frame, it is limited in it's ability). The T-X also boasts complete flexibility able to rotate most joints 360 degrees with full freedom. Finally the T-X has built in weapons, including nanotechnology that can overpower and commandeer enemy computer systems.

T-1000,000: The T-1000,000 or T-Meg is a giant liquid-metal spider that guards the SkyNet core. It doesn't take the shape of any particular human so it mainly just uses the regenerative abilities to it's advantage and eliminates opponents by using it's tremendous bulk to drive heavy spikes into them. This guy is in T2:3D and thus may not be canon to the story, but unlike the T-70 it isn't a direct contradiction to T3, aside from there "being no system core" which seems to be refuted in T1 when Reese claims "their defense grid was smashed."

There are surely other Terminators. Some websites detail T100s, T200s, T300s, all the way to the 700s. These are either fan speculation or appeared in novels and comics and other (presumably) non-canon material.

====

Here is the official explanation.

"101" is the Arnold skin type. So if it looks like Arnold then it is a Model 101. T-800 or 850 is the skeleton.

So in Terminator 1 and 2 Arnold is T-800, model 101. In Terminator 3 he is a T-850, model 101. In Terminator 3: The Redemption (a video game) he is a T-900, model 101.

Last edited by chriscaffee on Jun 22nd, 2005 at 12:49 PM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 12:42 PM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Add T-400s which were roughly humanoid robots sent into demolished bunkers to clear away any survivors. They were unintelligent, slow moving and prone to rust. Early in the war it was a common sight to see a platoon of them being led across a battlefield by a more intelligent T-500. Since then they were recommissioned for lesser duties, guarding SkyNET prison camps.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 06:57 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T-2550

so, it seems that the most advanced model is T-X (so far) except T-meg which is the guardian of the Core.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 09:34 PM
chriscaffee

Sometimes I like to pretend the second and third movies don't even exist. The first film makes it clear that the T800s (Arnold's model) are the newest, most advanced and baddest machines. Then Terminator 2 comes out. Okay, I can buy one advanced prototype. Then Terminator 3 comes out and we have the T-X who could school both of them, if it wasn't for movie contrivances. Terminator, like all franchises suffers from inconsistencies.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 10:53 PM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yeah I think the T-X kinda pushed it, whats next, a gaseous terminator?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 11:25 PM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reaper724

i dont see why they alwas pick the t900 instead of t1000 or something it is a better desine and is stronger

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 05:47 PM
reaper724 is currently offline Click here to Send reaper724 a Private Message Find more posts by reaper724 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

T-800/T-850 all the way. As the 3 movies show, these 2 models are the more reliable, most robust, even if they're old and outdated, they still prevail over the prototypes T-1000 and T-X stick out tongue

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 05:04 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Meh, only cos theyre the 'good guys'. lol

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 08:16 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

It also helps that the T800 always sumbles across a stash of military hardware where as the advanced prototype is stuck using a 9mm or a .45.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 01:46 PM
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

I'm sorry for bumping this thread, but I rarely go outside the Star Wars forums, but when I read the response here, i was amazed that someone actually gave such a detailed answer. Also i had to comment on the inconsistencies of the series...by the movie's own logic, T2 isn't even possible. Reese couldn't bring back any "ray guns" because nothing dead could come through, and when asked about the machine, that was possible cause it was covered with "living tissue". There is nothing living about liquid metal, and no way that a prototype terminator could change his molecular structure to even APPEAR like living tissue. I'm not a T2 basher, cause i love the movie, but by their own rules, it couldn't have happened.

And if there's any little fan boys that read this, please don't try to bash Star Wars to piss me off, I know its chalk FULL of plot holes and errors. And I'm bashing terminator like i said, it's one of my favorite movies.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 06:58 PM
Darth Subjekt is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TerminatorJed

Indeed! 800/850 is the signature models. NOT because they're good guys, because their success rates surpass any of those new improved models such as TX/T1000.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 09:20 PM
TerminatorJed is currently offline Click here to Send TerminatorJed a Private Message Find more posts by TerminatorJed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

T-800/850 for Governer! lol stick out tongue

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 11:48 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote