KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » New Terminator Television Series!

New Terminator Television Series!
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Warning New Terminator Television Series!

Check it out....

The Terminator franchise has taken a sudden turn into a worm-hole and will soon end up going back to the time period after Terminator 2!

Andy Vajna and Mario Kassar's C2 Pictures, which produced Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, has joined with Warner Bros. TV and writer Josh Friedman (War of the Worlds) for Fox's tentatively titled The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The Fox series will focus on Sarah Connor (not played by Linda Hamilton) and her savior son John Connor.

Variety reports that Friedman will write the pilot and serve as executive producer-showrunner of the series, which will take place in the fictional time frame between the second and third "Terminator" features. Vajna and Kassar will serve as executive producers, with C2 senior vice president of development James Middleton also producing.

In addition, Vajna confirmed that C2 is in "the final phases of development" of a fourth "Terminator" film and that the series will have a link to what's being envisioned as a new feature trilogy.

(please log in to view the image)

"There will be a connection," Middleton said. Linda Hamilton is not expected to be involved in The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Middleton said the series will explore what happened to Sarah Connor after the end of "T2," when the character went on the run. "She has the weight of the world on her shoulder and she also has to raise a 14-year-old son who may be the salvation of the world," he said.

Friedman said his "challenge is trying to figure out how to reinterpret (Connor) for television."

Because the "Terminator" franchise involves time travel and alternate futures, Friedman believe he'll be able to take a few plot liberties in the series -- emphasis on "few."

"The last thing I want to do is take a title and exploit it," Friedman said. "The show needs to stand on its own while still being respectful of the franchise."

TheArnoldFans

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 01:13 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

I can't say I'm interested. The entire point of the franchise is the Terminators themselves. I don't know if anyone can do the role justice other then Arnold.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 02:30 AM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

So what the hell is the show supposed to be about then? The events between T2 and T3? That is going to be super boring. It can't be a Terminator show if there aren't any Terminators! I must assume that between the events of T2 and T3 there weren't any terminator battles. How the hell they are going to work this into an interesting show I don't know. Once again, stiffing out Linda Hamilton; bah!

Old Post Nov 17th, 2005 08:19 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kenty T-1000
t3h b4dg3r slayz0r!

Re: New Terminator Television Series!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Sarah Connor (not played by Linda Hamilton)

Pfft... what's the point? You might as well paint the terminators pink sad

Old Post Nov 17th, 2005 09:29 PM
Kenty T-1000 is currently offline Click here to Send Kenty T-1000 a Private Message Find more posts by Kenty T-1000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Now that wouldnt be a pretty sight.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 11:07 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Benhacker
Terminator Future Prophet

There's a rumor that they are also going to make a Terminator series based on the future war. And the rumor is that Stan Winston will be doing the F/X for the battle scenes and directing it.

Benhacker cool

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 06:31 AM
Benhacker is currently offline Click here to Send Benhacker a Private Message Find more posts by Benhacker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

that could work, as a way to introduce other actors in the roles of other Infiltrator Terminators, in order to pave the way for one of those boys to take the role in the next big screen feature or something...

then wrap up all the Terminator stuff with one final flick, allow for Arnie's cameo at the end, to tie it all up and end the saga once and for all...

the TV series about Sarah Connor's life between T2 and T3 would most likely suck ass though...

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 01:45 PM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SlickRick69 the TV series about Sarah Connor's life between T2 and T3 would most likely suck ass though... [/B]

It will suck. I can't even imagine how it could be made good. It's going to take some really creative writing to make this worth it. W/E I've accepted that the first 2 films are masterpieces and nothing coming after them will match up. I'll check the show out most likely and I will still see/buy all the movies that come out. I'm just not going to be upset about it.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 08:51 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

maybe the TV show could have Robert Patrick or Michael Biehn come back as a T-1000 who takes on a familiar form in order to guide Sarah Connor through her many chronicles into the Future and more...

LOL!!

not

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 03:35 PM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Hey the way some of today's tv shows go, who knows..

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 06:10 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
o kiMMii o
= MJ 2o06 =

Hmm im not so sure, i never watch series but i will check this out, lets hope it doesnt suck eh

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 01:02 AM
o kiMMii o is currently offline Click here to Send o kiMMii o a Private Message Find more posts by o kiMMii o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
o kiMMii o
= MJ 2o06 =

This sucks, i dont want another, bring back Linda Hamilton!! what is she too old now ????????

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 01:03 AM
o kiMMii o is currently offline Click here to Send o kiMMii o a Private Message Find more posts by o kiMMii o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

She doesn't want to associate with crap.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 04:49 AM
Kenty T-1000
t3h b4dg3r slayz0r!

So they're airing it in the US, eh?

As soon as it hits England I'll be watching like a hawk shifty

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 05:14 PM
Kenty T-1000 is currently offline Click here to Send Kenty T-1000 a Private Message Find more posts by Kenty T-1000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

"The last thing I want to do is take a title and exploit it," Friedman said. "The show needs to stand on its own while still being respectful of the franchise."

Too late for that, already happened

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 03:23 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kanis
L dragon

This is a really bad idea haven't they already screwed the terminator franchise with the third film and now they are making a series about sarah connor who survived two terminators to die of leukemia that's just bollocks in the first film was died leading a raid on a skynet factory and gets killed in the process that's how she dies. What are they going to do in the series anyway each in episodedo they get attacked by a different terminator each week and kill it inventive but clever ways.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 01:11 PM
kanis is currently offline Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Undertaker
Battle Royale Champion

Doesn't sound too bad, Doubt we would get it in Australia though.

Die, Ugly.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 04:01 AM
Undertaker is currently offline Click here to Send Undertaker a Private Message Find more posts by Undertaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

tv shows are at their peak right now, they can really make a good television series. It will be hard, only die hard terminator fans will watch it, it wont get good ratings, and as usual the networks look at the ratings rather than quality, wont provide the show with the budget, therefore the series will be dropped out within no-time. Plus like a lot of people have pointed out, it will be hard to get a suitable cast. and guess what? i was reading EMPIRE magazine they interviewed claire danes and she said she wont do another terminator movie. I was not such a fan of the character of Katherine brewster but since she played an important role she was vital if the terminator movies were to continue with some hope, now the terminator movies are in a deep hole.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 07:41 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Oh no! I didn't know that about Clair Danes. That's dissapointing.

Could you please be able to type up that section of the interview and post it on here alic88?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 05:05 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Well despite Kate Brewster's importance, I found Claire Danes's performance downright annoying. But then again I wasnt terribly happy with any of the T3 cast, terminators aside..

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 06:50 AM