KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Something I Have Never Figured Out

Something I Have Never Figured Out
Started by: Makedde

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

Something I Have Never Figured Out

In the first Terminator, Kyle has a photo of Sarah in the future, which is destroyed by fire. He goes back through time, and the photo does not exist. He dies, and the photo is taken by the little Mexican boy. How did Kyle manage to have that photo in the future, if he and Sarah had never met?

I have never been able to figure that out...

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 09:24 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Think about it...

Sarah gave the picture to John (we see him with it in T2 when him and his friend have raided the cash machine). John kept hold of the picture up until the war and throughout the war.

Knowing it would be Kyle who would be going back in time to protect Sarah, he passes on the picture to him.

The shot of Kyle with the picture in T1 (in a future war scene) is a bit silly because it suggests he and John are close. Close enough for John to give Kyle a picture of his mum. But I always thought that John would have given the picture to Kyle towards the end of the war. It was probably given to Kyle when John had him moved to his unit (that's speculation, there's nothing in the movies to suggest this).

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 12:40 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can do it, so hear this: First Movie=First Story---Second Movie=Second Story---Third Movie=Third Story. We create time by our actions either from past/present/future or right now.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 08:23 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

quote: (post)
Originally posted by U Neek
Think about it...

Sarah gave the picture to John (we see him with it in T2 when him and his friend have raided the cash machine). John kept hold of the picture up until the war and throughout the war.

Knowing it would be Kyle who would be going back in time to protect Sarah, he passes on the picture to him.

The shot of Kyle with the picture in T1 (in a future war scene) is a bit silly because it suggests he and John are close. Close enough for John to give Kyle a picture of his mum. But I always thought that John would have given the picture to Kyle towards the end of the war. It was probably given to Kyle when John had him moved to his unit (that's speculation, there's nothing in the movies to suggest this).

That's an awful lot to take in! eek!

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 03:25 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jenzie
you know my name .....

Think about it...

who else would give kyle the photo?
no one is closer to sara conner, than her own SON!
so it isn't "a bit silly"

You can't deny the prize it may never fulfill you
It longs to kill you
Are you willing to die?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 01:21 AM
jenzie is currently offline Click here to Send jenzie a Private Message Find more posts by jenzie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

Just before the love scene in the first film, Kyle mentions that John Connor gave him the photo and that is when he fell in love with Sarah.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 05:47 AM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

I know I'm a star wars guy, but i couldn't help notice this thread.
John gives it to Kyle in the future, so Kyle knows what Sarah looks like for one, so he knows who to protect, and two, Sarah told John that Kyle was his pops, and that way he could help speed along the "falling in love" process. But as Kyle told Sarah, John never mentioned why he gave it to him.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2006 06:31 AM
Darth Subjekt is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
office jesus

It's called a 'predestination paradox' folks.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 09:30 AM
office jesus is currently offline Click here to Send office jesus a Private Message Find more posts by office jesus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonspider
Goblin Green

Originally posted by Makedde
That's an awful lot to take in! eek!

thats y i h8 time travel movies, like without john skynet dosent exist and without sky net jiohn dosent exist

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 11:21 PM
dragonspider is currently offline Click here to Send dragonspider a Private Message Find more posts by dragonspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

BUMP!
couldnt help but notice this particular thread
basically u neek and darth subjekt got it right

btw
if you think the time travel in this is confusing, you should play the legacy of kain series..it takes it to a whole new level stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 01:20 PM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
midnightshadow
death before dishonor

Think about it...

everything was set before kyle went into the past. because kyle is johns father, if he never went to the past then john wouldnt be born. so kyle was always ment to go to the past. because of this john would have known that kyle was his father and would proberbly have looked for him to see what kind of a man his father was. so it would be feasible for john connor to have gone to reese when he found him and maybe given him the picture then because he already knows that he has it in the future and to ensure that the time line is kept pure.

i feel a headache coming on. wacko

[B]in the real world as in dreams
nothing is quite what it seems![B]

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 10:24 AM
midnightshadow is currently offline Click here to Send midnightshadow a Private Message Find more posts by midnightshadow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by dragonspider
thats y i h8 time travel movies, like without john skynet dosent exist and without sky net jiohn dosent exist
Skynet would exist with or without John. That was the point of the third movie: to show everyone that fate, though it might be pushed back, will never change. That things that happen will always happen.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 01:51 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alfmartinez

i like the determinism of this trilogy

Old Post Feb 8th, 2008 11:31 PM
alfmartinez is currently offline Click here to Send alfmartinez a Private Message Find more posts by alfmartinez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote