KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins
Started by: alic88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
alic88
Barzakh

Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 05:45 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Yeah I noticed this first thing on the web when I got into work. I'm not sure about it all. Not sure about the title for one thing. I hope it works out good for the francise sake and for us fans. I hope they ruin it.

Finally we get a Terminator film set in the future. I guess that's a plus.

What do you think alec88?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Last edited by barand1 on Oct 10th, 2007 at 08:26 AM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 08:22 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

I'm excited actually. I think that the future war is a movie too late, since t3 was generally a rehash of terminator t2, minus the ending. I believe this concept should have been adopted as early as t3, but now we will finally see a future war. Hopefully warner brothers will learn a lesson from t3's failure and make a decent movie with a good script, now that they will be relatively tight on budget as well. They wont have $175 million budget for t4 I am sure.

And I read this on another article that the reason for the title is that they deliberately wanted to exclude any digits since this will have the new phase of the terminator saga, the future war. I agree with that, only that I feel like its a bit too much on the title. They could just have

Terminator: The future begins OR heck even Terminator: Salvation

Anyways I really really hope that Nick Stahl returns for terminator 4, I thought he did a fantastic job in t3, and NO I dont want Eddie Furlong to return. Claire Danes is not coming back, she said that clearly in an article 3 years ago that I remember reading. Not that I mind her not returning, it just damages continuity.

It will be interesting to see where this future war begins, and whether Kyle Reese can be introduced or not. But from the looks of things I think this CAN be made into a great movie, but personally I think from a wider perspective its a TERMINATOR MOVIE TOO LATE

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 05:47 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

quote: (post)
Originally posted by alic88
Hopefully warner brothers will learn a lesson from t3's failure and make a decent movie with a good script, now that they will be relatively tight on budget as well. They wont have $175 million budget for t4 I am sure.

Yes, it will...around that probably, at least.

quote:
The producers said that the new film will carry the size and scale of "Terminator 3," and will have an event-sized budget.

Anyway, I'm excited about this...As a whole, I think T3 was a decent movie, though it would have been better if they changed a few things. Say, like, Arnold being the Terminator after John, and Kristanna Loken being the good "Terminator". That little change would have differed it from T2 a ton, and would have made for an interesting twist.

Though, I hope they have flashbacks or something about the past, from when John is locked in the fallout shelter to him leading the fight because I'm interested in that part the most: how did he get people to fight for him, why would they listen to him and not a General or something? Should be good, I hope.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 02:46 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

quote: (post)
[i]Anyways I really really hope that Nick Stahl returns for terminator 4, I thought he did a fantastic job in t3, and NO I dont want Eddie Furlong to return. Claire Danes is not coming back, she said that clearly in an article 3 years ago that I remember reading. Not that I mind her not returning, it just damages continuity.[B]

I agree, I really like how Nick played him and I liked how the character of John had changed from T2. He seems more mature and seemed worried and scared. He wasn't as brave as his mother. Sarah was his support and of course with Sarah dead, what hope did John have left? She was all he had I felt.

I agree that it is a movie too late and I agree with Darth Macabre that if things were slightly changed in T3, it would of been a more rounded movie. Having the T-850 as the bad Terminator could of worked as it would of screwed with John etc. (I don't mean screwed as in...)

Hopefully they will change the title. I know it isn't a big deal, but it is a bit long and something like Terminator: Salvation could work, although deep down I would like to see the number 4 somewhere.

I, as a fan, just hope that everything goes smoothly for the production and that the script is good (above standard) and that the film has a director that knows how to please fans and make a really great film.

Well here's to Terminator 4... I mean Salvation, or whatever they've called it.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 08:22 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Great thread. I look forward to this and I can't wait until they start to cast the roles.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 11:19 PM
BruceSkywalker is online now! Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

Keep in mind though that the writers are going to be the same as the ones for Terminator 3, do ya'll think thats a good or bad thing? I personally think its a good thing. Why? Because when the writers had the ending for terminator 3, surely they weren't just planning to leave it open like that. They knew that they had to continue with a storyline, so they must have envisioned some storyline for the future terminator movies, hence why I think these writes can do a good job.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 04:24 AM
barand1

I think it is a good idea having the same writers as T3. I think the script for T3 was weak in most parts, but in some overlooked scenes there is some good stuff there. It feels to me that T3 was written quickly just to get the movie made asap after getting the rights etc. It was probably "Okay write a script that is similar to T2, because that worked and write it quick as we've just lost a bit of money and time requiring the rights to this thing".

Anyway, watch this space.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 10:41 AM
barand1

Taken from moviehole.net:

quote:
If there’s one sequel that looks like it might just Vulcan death-grip all over its predecessor it’s FOX’s ‘’Alien Vs. Predator : Requiem’’, released at Christmas. Judging by what we’ve seen in the trailer it isn’t just a more fun and adventurous flick than the first… it’s a lot more violent. Good news for all.

In an interview with IESB, the film’s directors Greg and Colin Strause (both formely from a visual effects

background), mentioned that they would love a shot at directing the recently announced “Terminator 4” – being huge fans of that franchise, too.

‘’Terminator 4 would be cool but it sounds like McG is doing that. Plus, I have no idea how that works with the strike now. But that would have been like a dream project because the script was really, really cool. That would have been a hell of a movie”, Colin says.

''Terminator 2 : Judgement Day'' (1991) was actually the film that enticed the brothers to pursue a career in visual effects.

‘’That was a real turning point. That was like, "We want to do this for a living!", says Colin.

Greg adds, “Colin was toying around with graphic programs on the Amiga and then Terminator 2 came out and we were both like, "That's it! We gotta do that!" There was just nothing else. We went to movie theater six times to see that movie. Then we started getting more serious about it. As we started teaching ourselves and as we started getting good at it, Jurasssic Park came out in 1993 and then we were able to start computer graphics. It was the new, hot trend and we started making money at it in the Chicago area. But then there's kind of glass ceiling there in terms of the type of work you can get. You know, it's very hard, there, to get feature work.”

For me this is good news in a way. The Strause brothers sound really passionate about the projects they do and by the sounds of it Terminator fans.

I think the franchise needs people like these two to take lead in some way and give the franchise back its heart that had slowly stopped beating in T3.

If I had my way I would pick these two over McG in a second!

What do you guys think?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 09:08 AM
exanda kane

Bale is rumoured to be involved. I'll get a source when I can be bothered, if you want.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Nov 24th, 2007 12:27 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Yea I thought they said Bale will be playing John Connor. The title's messed up.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 10:37 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Hey guys. Just thought that I'd weigh in on this debate following the spate of recent announcements regarding "T4" ...

I'll start off with the good points. First and foremost, I should say that I am very glad that, after months (and years) of speculation, "T4" has actually been officially confirmed as greenlit, and that it also has a definite release date! Also, though long-rumoured, it's good to hear that the film *is* definitely set in the future (although I'm not really sure how they could have carried on the series otherwise).

However, again like many of you, I too have some pretty big doubts about the project as a whole. In addition to my basic, long-standing gripes (i.e. the non-involvement of either Cameron, or any of the cast from the first 3 films - a potential Arnie cameo not-withstanding). Frankly, some of the announcements (and rumours) that have emerged in the past few weeks just *chill me to the bone* - a Terminator film directed by bombastic "Charlie's Angels" helmer McG, and potentially starring that most brilliant of thespians Vin Diesel?!Surely that's just too bad to be true! And as for the title - to me, it just sounds long-winded, amateurish, and ... well ... just plain wrong. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that, with the release of the movie still just under 2 years away, nothing is set in stone ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Nov 28th, 2007 04:45 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

One thing I do sincerely hope is set in stone, though, is the rumour (which some of you have already mentioned) that none other than Batman himself, Christian Bale, has been cast as John Connor eek! ! Not only is he a terrific actor (not to mention a big box-office draw), but I'm also hoping that his casting means that the film itself will be of a high standard (provided that McG doesn't butcher it), as I'm sure that an actor with his track record of quality films wouldn't have signed on unless the script was really good. The link for this story, for those of you who want it, can be found here: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34867 (there, Exanda Kane - saved you some trouble!). Oh and btw, if you haven't read that spine-chilling Vin Diesel rumour, then you can read that here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/...terminator.html

When all is said and done, though, I too very much hope that everything works out well - and Bale's possible casting certainly makes that a lot more likely (Barand1 - I assume that when you wrote in your earlier post that "I hope they ruin it" that that was just a typo stick out tongue ). Here's hoping ...

Old Post Nov 28th, 2007 04:54 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Ha ha, although I can't find the post it was probably a typo embarrasment

Glad to see you post again on here Ahnold.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:47 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Heh - it's from your first post in this thread and yeah, I did assume as much stick out tongue .

Thanks Barand - always happy to post on here smile .

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:07 PM
exanda kane

Cheers for the links Ahnold.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 12:49 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

You're welcome smile . I am curious, though, why Bale's casting has not yet been reported by any other source - I thought it was a done deal?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 04:34 PM
barand1

UPDATE: Variety adds that "Bale will play Connor, now in his 30s, in the fourth installment of the "Terminator" franchise, to be set in the future. McG is directing the project, [scheduled] for an April start in Budapest."

The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed rumors that Christian Bale is in negotiations to star in Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins. McG is directing the movie, which is being made by Halcyon Company and Intermedia, and will be distributed by Warner Bros.

While it hasn't been released which role Bale will play, "T4's" story, by David Campbell Wilson, John Brancato and Michael Ferris, focuses on John Connor, now in his 30s, as he leads what is left of the human race against the machines.

Full link here

News to me that David Campbell Wilson is co-writing.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 08:32 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I look forward to watch Christian Bale as John Connor.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 06:33 AM
BruceSkywalker is online now! Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Indeed big grin ! This rumour is edging ever closer to reality - IMDB also reported his possible casting this morning (though he's still, apparently, "in negotiations"). Here's hoping smile .

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 11:07 PM