KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator Inconsistancies

Have you found any inconsistancies in the "Terminator" films and show?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 6 100.00%
No 0 0%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Terminator Inconsistancies
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Terminator Inconsistancies

Have you found any?

From "Terminator" part 1 all the way through part 3, to the "Sarah Conner Chronicles" tv show and the new "Terminato:r Salvation" movies?

Name some..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 03:01 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

In Terminator 3, Arnie magically knew where to find the keys in the pickup truck early on (something he learned in Terminator 2).
Obviously this is a completely different Terminator, there is no way he could have known that, and realistically should have hot wired the car.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 11:46 PM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vvvrulz
In Terminator 3, Arnie magically knew where to find the keys in the pickup truck early on (something he learned in Terminator 2).
Obviously this is a completely different Terminator, there is no way he could have known that, and realistically should have hot wired the car.

Yeah that does bug me, as do many things with T3. Glad to see you posting vvvrulz wink

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Apr 21st, 2009 08:30 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Re: Terminator Inconsistancies

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Have you found any?

From "Terminator" part 1 all the way through part 3, to the "Sarah Conner Chronicles" tv show and the new "Terminator: Salvation" movies?

Name some...

I would say that the most significant inconsistency across the films is the issue of John Connor's age. According to the T-1000's stolen police car screen, John was 10 during the events of "T2" (placing that movie in 1995); however, in his monologue at the beginning of "T3", John instead claimed that he was 13 at that time.

Even if the police car readout was incorrect, John couldn't possibly have been 13 in "T2", as this would've placed the movie in 1998 - one year after (the original) Judgement Day! Oops ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 07:08 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

It never ceases to amaze me how script writes make such screw ups. That one is just blatant!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 09:23 PM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

Originally posted by vvvrulz

I reckon the only reason they put that scene into the movie was to pay tribute to T2. They most probably knew they were screwing with a consistency issue but they thought, "hey, why don't we just add it in, just to remind people of T2!".

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post May 2nd, 2009 11:57 PM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Originally posted by RevoWution™©®
I reckon the only reason they put that scene into the movie was to pay tribute to T2. They most probably knew they were screwing with a consistency issue but they thought, "hey, why don't we just add it in, just to remind people of T2!".

Yeah most probably, but that isn't a good thing to do if your movie is not as good. Oh well...

Old Post May 3rd, 2009 06:20 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

problem with the dates
John is born in 1985, T2 takes place in 1995 where john is 10 T3 takes place in 2004 john is 19, (in T3 john says he was 13 in T2) then along comes TSCC its 1999 and John is 16 or 17? what happened there? and sarah is still alive but she supposedly died in 1997 after judgment day didn't happen. Time travel messes alot of stuff up.
One thing they got right was in TSCC when they jumped ahead 8 years they had been missing for those 8 years there was no duplicate of them made when they jumped (like Back to the futre part II)
In T3 with the keys John could of reprogramed it with his memories? but he was also dead so that isn't possible (and i've gone cross eyed.)
I don't understand how the writers can't watch the previous movies so this doesn't happen? or even the directors should know what they are making, i guess the actors involved are not that into it otherwise i would hope they would say something.

Old Post May 8th, 2009 04:31 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Originally posted by darthmaul1
problem with the dates
John is born in 1985, T2 takes place in 1995 where john is 10 T3 takes place in 2004 john is 19, (in T3 john says he was 13 in T2) then along comes TSCC its 1999 and John is 16 or 17? what happened there? and sarah is still alive but she supposedly died in 1997 after judgment day didn't happen. Time travel messes alot of stuff up.
One thing they got right was in TSCC when they jumped ahead 8 years they had been missing for those 8 years there was no duplicate of them made when they jumped (like Back to the futre part II)
In T3 with the keys John could of reprogramed it with his memories? but he was also dead so that isn't possible (and i've gone cross eyed.)
I don't understand how the writers can't watch the previous movies so this doesn't happen? or even the directors should know what they are making, i guess the actors involved are not that into it otherwise i would hope they would say something.

Yeah this seems to be one of the big problems with Terminator 3 sad

Old Post May 9th, 2009 12:23 PM
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

Originally posted by barand1
Yeah this seems to be one of the big problems with Terminator 3 sad

Terminator 3 as a whole was a big problem yes

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post May 10th, 2009 04:18 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jonathan_Reese

JOHN CONNOR WAS NOT 10 in T2

In Terminator 2 Judgment Day, Everyone always seems to think that John Connor was portayed as a 10 year old boy in the film. This is not neccesarily so at all. Even on wikipiedia which really upsets me, becasue this is an incorrect and assumption which was completely looked over too quickly. Somebody jumped the gun on that assesment.
If you want to to use a 5 second shot of a computer screen in a police car to prove that John Connor is supposed to be portrayed as a 10 year old then at least do your homework on the subject!. When someone commits a crime, their name is recorded into the police system, also their age at the time the crime was commited, Address, Height, Weight, ect,ect. Now if you want to get technical, in the movie T2: Judgment Day. The computer screen in the police cruiser says "Vandalism", it also says "Age: 10". Has anyone ever thought that may only be his age at the time of the incident??? He rides a Dirtbike around, Plays Intense combat simulation arcade games, and is smart enough to hack into an ATM machine for "easy money". I seriously doubt he'd be wasting his time vandalising at his age, which obviously IS NOT 10. Also regarding Police Enforcement records, when it comes to your actuall age they simply only record your Date of Birth. They do not keep a constant running count of everybody's current age filed away in the system, that's just rediculous and would be a waste. Also if he just committed an act of vandalism at age 10 (and it's pretty hard to imagine anyone younger than 10 vandalising) and if he was still 10 in the film, that would mean he just recently got caught vandalising. And if he just recently got in trouble with the police he would probably be grounded or something in the film and I doubt his foster parents would be letting him go a month without cleaning his room, having a friend over listening to music, riding his dirtbike and playing arcades. Also right after the T-1000 accesses John's criminal record, he goes to John's house where he meets his foster parents is asked "What's he done now officer?" implying that john has been in trouble with the law in the PAST, but not neccisarily recently.

Old Post May 20th, 2009 03:02 PM
Jonathan_Reese is currently offline Click here to Send Jonathan_Reese a Private Message Find more posts by Jonathan_Reese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

John states in Terminator 3 that he was 13 when the events of T2 happened. This is wrong as Terminator 2 is set in the year 1995 (I believe) and therefore makes John to be aged 10. The writers obviously thought that T2 was set in the year of the film being released, which would indeed make John 13 in T2.

Is there any reference in T2 of the film being set in 1995?

John Connor is supposed to be aged 19 in Terminator 3, according to his DOB and the date T3 is set.

Old Post May 21st, 2009 08:23 AM
darthmaul1

Nothing hard core stating that it was set in 1995, but according to the police computer in T2 John was born in 1985 and had some criminal charges where the last one is 1993 so if john was 13 in T2 according to T3 the year would be 1998 and judgment day would of happened already
Also according to T3 Sarah died in 1997 just after judgement day was suppose to happen. so should be 2 years after T2 taking place in 1995

Hey Johnathan Resse, i think there maybe a little flaw with your train of thought. If you go with the age at the time of the crime, then the last one was 1993 and he couldn't be 10 , he would be 8 since he was born in 1985 according to the police computer and according to T1 which took place in May 1984 therefore John would be born in the beginning of 1985.

Barand1 said
"The writers obviously thought that T2 was set in the year of the film being released, which would indeed make John 13 in T2."
I am trying to rap my head around this without going crosseyed.
John was born in feb 1985 so in T2 he would be approx 9-11 cause he couldn't be 12 as judgment day would of happened already. and if T3 took place in 2003 john would be 18
the actor in T2 that played john was 13 when the movie was released in 1991.

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 04:49 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Barand1 said
"The writers obviously thought that T2 was set in the year of the film being released, which would indeed make John 13 in T2."
I am trying to rap my head around this without going crosseyed.
John was born in feb 1985 so in T2 he would be approx 9-11 cause he couldn't be 12 as judgment day would of happened already. and if T3 took place in 2003 john would be 18
the actor in T2 that played john was 13 when the movie was released in 1991.

What I meant was that maybe the writers of T3 thought that T2 was set in 1991 as that was when the film came out, therefore making Connor aged 13 when the events of T2 took place.

2004 - 1991 = 13.

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 09:03 PM
darthmaul1

Originally posted by barand1
What I meant was that maybe the writers of T3 thought that T2 was set in 1991 as that was when the film came out, therefore making Connor aged 13 when the events of T2 took place.

2004 - 1991 = 13.

Not trying to be a pain in the arse, but that math doesn't work either
if the writers had thought T2 took place in 1991 then that would make john 6 not 13
Yes 2004-1991 =13 but that is 13 years back from 2004 it doesn't make john 13 years old.

to be 13 in 1991 john would have to be born in 1978
to be 13 in 1995 john would have to be born in 1982

I think the writers just goofed
Here a a few timeline things taken from movies and comics(i think)
http://www.terminatorfiles.com/saga_timeline.htm
http://www.terminatorfiles.com/news...009-03-29-a.htm

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 09:50 PM
barand1

I know it doesn't add up. What I'm trying to say is that the writers probably worked from T2 (as T3 proves) and worked from that date.

Everyone is always talking about T2 and at the time it was the biggest film. People tend to slightly foget about T1. The writers f***ed up.

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 11:41 AM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

The whole concept of time ended by part 2. Part ones whole theme was that nothing really changes, everything that happened with kyle was supposed to, nothing changed. In part 2 and 3 the concept that time can be changed( personally I think that weakened the franchise story) came into play. This creates an infinite loop of inconsistency and time paradoxes. Part one had the story right, 2 (as great as it was) began to sloppy everything up.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 06:26 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Only one I have that hasn't been said (I think it hasn't been said) was that in T3 John Conner explains how Terminators have tried to kill him twice before (once though his mother in T1 and T2). Yet TSCC takes place between T2 and T3, so they have sent Terminators at him more than twice before T3. I'm not sure if they cleared his up since I stopped watching TSCC after about 5 episodes, but at that time it didn't make sense with what was said in T3.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 01:36 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Myth
Only one I have that hasn't been said (I think it hasn't been said) was that in T3 John Conner explains how Terminators have tried to kill him twice before (once though his mother in T1 and T2). Yet TSCC takes place between T2 and T3, so they have sent Terminators at him more than twice before T3. I'm not sure if they cleared his up since I stopped watching TSCC after about 5 episodes, but at that time it didn't make sense with what was said in T3.

There is that plus TSCC starts of in 1999 when sarah is suppose to be dead and John is 17 or 18 when he should only be 14

Old Post May 25th, 2009 02:19 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The Sarah Connor Chronicles, according to the producers of the show are not taking T3 into account. They are completely disregarding it.

So there will be inconsistencies.

You have to remember that the first two movies were never written as a complete triliogy, so there will be bound to have inconsistencies.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 07:28 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote