KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Something about The Terminator's theme tune...

Something about The Terminator's theme tune...
Started by: Rhubarb Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rhubarb Man
I'll be back

Something about The Terminator's theme tune...

I dont know why, but I really find that mechanical drum beat in the background keeping the rythm effective. Although T2 had normal drums, theres something about the first movie's tune that makes it sound more...how shall I put it, terminator like? Machine like, regular, and continous

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 10:41 PM
Rhubarb Man is currently offline Click here to Send Rhubarb Man a Private Message Find more posts by Rhubarb Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i liked the t2 one more actually.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 11:16 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

i dont even know if they had music in the thrid one i was too busy looking at the TX's ass...

Old Post Aug 7th, 2003 04:28 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

u only get 2 c it for 5 seconds. good enough for u.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2003 06:56 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lt.Columbo
Columbo Crazy!

I know what you mean.

Lord of the Rings:Online Group---Please Join!

The Playstation2 Place---Please Join!

L+.©0lUm80

Old Post Aug 7th, 2003 09:40 PM
Lt.Columbo is currently offline Click here to Send Lt.Columbo a Private Message Find more posts by Lt.Columbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

T1 i think had the better music. but the music helped make bolth of these movies grate

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 01:13 AM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

O man i was lookin at her ass with the clothes on and then her boobs when u couldnt see her ass that is how i operate

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 11:14 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

u dont get 2 c her u no. the main thing of the main thing( no, not the private part)

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 06:25 AM
Evil-X
The Fear Of Not Knowing

Terminator 2 music is the best!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 07:01 AM
Evil-X is currently offline Click here to Send Evil-X a Private Message Find more posts by Evil-X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah the sounds of iron hammers bangin on steel perfect, also worked in aliens smile fav movie john williams is the great musical composer of our time all those great movie tunes are his

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 09:57 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i have never seen n e part of the aliens. and star wars. i haven't seen LOTR 2 towers as well.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 12:14 AM
jinXed by JaNx

aww man there great, if you liked terminator theres great chance youd like them but of course LOTR and Star wars does require a certain taste of movies to appeal to you there atleast worth a look great directing and script writing if you watch aliens only watch the first two youd be better off having a hammer taken to your skull than watch alien 4 or ressurection

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 08:39 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

o k i'll keep that in mind

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 04:58 PM
bad banana

According to the documentary included on the Ultimate Edition of T2, composer Brad Fiedel was called upon by director James Cameron to use the same main theme as T1 and nothing else. He improved on the main theme with that full-orchestral sounding intro in the movie, and included some acoustic guitar with the desert scene. Also let's not forget to appreciate the perpetual, droning sound accompanied by an uptempo drums beat during chase scenes with the T1000.

The man actually shied away from synthesizers, he revealed, and instead tried to incorporate real sounds from real instruments, and then altering them. For example, he would take an A above middle C and lower it three octaves for T1 whenever the terminator took a hit and got up again. It's subliminal, but amidst the chaos of the movies the instruments carry a haunting, human quality to the soundtrack.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 01:05 AM
bad banana is currently offline Click here to Send bad banana a Private Message Find more posts by bad banana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

thats interesting, when you hire genuises you get genius work

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 01:13 AM
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

I'm probably gona get bombed for this, but I actually liked T3 a bit better than T2 and I really find that drum beat the same in all 3 movies. It's really good and I don't know, it gives a hero feeling.

Attachment: 2381.jpg
This has been downloaded 114 time(s).

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 05:55 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

t3 is a very good movie. i still think that its not in the league of the first2, but stilll, i really liked teh story, action.great 2 c arnie back

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 06:17 PM
bad banana

The soundtrack to T3 was terrible and totally did not fit Terminator. They need Brad Fiedel just as much as they need James Cameron for it to be a real Terminator film.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 06:40 PM
bad banana is currently offline Click here to Send bad banana a Private Message Find more posts by bad banana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i agree. brad is DA MAN

Old Post Aug 20th, 2003 06:19 AM
steveeeo

I personally love that very short theme used in the previous Terminator movies. Infact, being a piano player, I noticed while playing the song it has a lot of passion

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 11:20 PM
steveeeo is currently offline Click here to Send steveeeo a Private Message Find more posts by steveeeo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote