KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » How did YOU become a HORROR fan?

How did YOU become a HORROR fan?
Started by: Striel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

How did YOU become a HORROR fan?

I was just wondering how you came to be a fan of horror movies?

When I was a kid, I hated horror movies. They really scared me. When I got to college, some friends of mine rented a bunch of the famous movies like Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th. When I watched them, I saw that there was nothing to be afraid of, and I just started getting really interesting in watching all the ones I missed out on growing up. Eventually I started buying them. Now I'll watch any horror movie I can get my hands on.

What about you?

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Sep 16th, 2003 08:57 PM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

i dont know, ive always been fascinated by them. When i was a kid, and a horror movie would be on tv, i wouldnt be able to watch it. so that alone made me very curious about horror movies, kinda like the forbidden fruit so to speak, i wanted it just cuz i couldnt have it. of course, the time came when i saw that halloween 5 was on tv at 4 am, i was about 5 or 6 years old, and i heard about these movies. so i decided to wake up early and watch it secretly. i awake in time that morning, snuck up and watched it, i thought it was awesome, even though it didnt scare me one bit, even as a kid. ever since then ive always loved horror movies, ive always been fascinated and intrigued by them. i always thought that there is nothing quite like watching a truley great horror film, the way it makes you feel deep down, its undescribable to me.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2003 09:02 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

I can't remember when i started to like horror movies (though it is probably when i was allowed too), i like most horror movies just not lame ones with killer dolls or clowns (Stephen King's IT excempt),i like to watch all from the quite disturbing (e.g. TCM,The Shining and Amytiville Horror) to more light hearted (e.g. Dog Soldiers,Evil Dead and Scream) the 1990's has been pretty poor for genuinley good horror movies thats not to say they are rubbish my personal fav's of the 1990's are Dog Soldiers,28 Days Later,The Others and Final Destination although the rest of my all time favs are from earlier (i.e. Psycho,Dawn of the Dead,Amytiville Horror,Aliens,Halloween and Jaws to name but a few).

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Sep 16th, 2003 09:04 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i became a cannibal when i was at the age of 3 * long story * and after than i was fasinated with horror movies. lol smile

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2003 10:28 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

cant wait to hear this story.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2003 10:52 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leftomaniac
Freelance Geek

I was always a nervous and fearful child. You might think that would turn me off horror, but it only drew me to them. My parents eventually forbade a lot of my horror stuff because I never STOPPED being fearful- I would wake them up almost every night screaming. But they couldn't stop me- I was and still am obsessed, and I snuck things all the time. (Easy job that, as I was a latchkey kid)

As I got older and entered school, my obsession grew. Ostracized by my peers, I spent more and more time reading and watching movies. Naturally, I grew to especially like movies like Carrie and Willard, where the taunted misfit gets revenge on the world- although both characters die.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 12:26 AM
Leftomaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Leftomaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Leftomaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

when i was 9 or 10 1 of my friends had a sleepover we didn't watch very scAry movies we watched i know what u did last summer, it, scream, and childs play 1 and 2 then the next week i rented evil dead and a few others and since then horror movies have been 95% of what i watch

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 09:09 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grymlock
mountain of power

well as for me, as usual when i was a kid always heard all those folklore about ghost and demon then started watching all those classic 70's horror movie then of we go to the presents... and always been stuck with it... cheers!!

- master of creator Godshinto

"In Darkness Everything Become Clearer Then Daylight" - King Diamond

"From Lashes To Ashes, From Lust To Dust" - Ville Valo (HIM)

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 11:05 AM
grymlock is currently offline Click here to Send grymlock a Private Message Find more posts by grymlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dario Argento
Master of Horror

I became a horror fan after the first time I saw the Shining

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 04:06 PM
Dario Argento is currently offline Click here to Send Dario Argento a Private Message Find more posts by Dario Argento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SweetestSin0724
*!*Princess*!*

i started liking horror like just a couple months ago...b/c i became friends with some different girl, and we are best friends now, and she loved horror and always went to the theatre. and so like she was like lets go see *i cant remember whicih one we saw* but she was like lets go see it..and i had never heard of it..and i was like god i dont wanna see it, cuz i was in love with movies such as..lizze mcguire movie, from justin to kelly, etc...and so we watched it...and then we would rent like the ring, ghostship..etc..and stuff..and it was just awesome...

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 08:40 PM
SweetestSin0724 is currently offline Click here to Send SweetestSin0724 a Private Message Find more posts by SweetestSin0724 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote