KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » The Hellraiser Series

The Hellraiser Series
Started by: Striel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

The Hellraiser Series

How many of you love the Hellraiser series? I think Pinhead is one of the most frightening villians ever created. I enjoyed all of the Hellraiser movies until the fifth one, then they totally lost their appeal.

What do you think about the series? Which one is your favorite movie out of the bunch, and which do you think is the worst?

Should they keep making more sequels or leave it alone?

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 02:43 AM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

he's not really a villian. He's just like a demi-god thats doing his job. lol The Hellraiser series was great. I think should at least make 1 more movie.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 02:58 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I love the Hellraiser series......... I think the worst one is Hellseeker...........

I love Inferno (part 5) and think they should continue doing sequels. They already have two sequels in the can ready to come out this year.

Inferno is the Hellraiser movie that is most like the original. Why do you not like it?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 02:59 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

I am trying to remember if it was the fifth one or the sixth one that I hated. I liked one, but I can't remember which.

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 05:07 AM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

My favorite series. big grin

I thought Inferno was great, but i haven't seen Hellseeker yet so i can't judge, which sucks. sad

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 08:34 AM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I love the Hellraiser series, always have since the original came out in 1987. Any intelligent discussion of the series ends after Bloodline (part IV), so considering the first four I would rate them in this order:

1) Hellraiser (by a wide, wide, margin)
2) Hellraiser: Bloodline
3) Hellraiser II
4) Hellraiser III (not good at all IMO)

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 12:08 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

quote:
Originally posted by h0ck3yh0rr0r
he's not really a villian. He's just like a demi-god thats doing his job. lol

EXACTLY RIGHT--

Why do people keep calling him a villain and comparing him to Freddy or crazy sh*t like that??

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 12:11 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

" Any intelligent discussion of the series ends after Bloodline (part IV), so considering the first four I would rate them in this order"

Hahaha.......boy aren't you a pompus ass. I like that...........

They can go on making Hellraiser movies forever. The subject of the movies are people selfishly and lustfully seeking pleasure.........which leads them to the gates of hell to encounter the last "pleasure".......since there will always be people like this as it is human nature to want pleasure, they can make Hellraiser 10, Hellraiser 20, Hellraiser 85, etc. etc..

They need to go ahead and replace the pinhead cenobite to weed out the "I like the cool guy in the S&M gear with the pins in his head" people from the "The Hellraiser movies have a great theme and are done both very stylishly and smartly" people.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 12:47 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

hope those new once will be good, when was it that they would be releast?? big grin

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 05:29 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amlap
this guy

i have yet to see 6... but tonight ill prob rent it, and watch all the old ones over again. as for continuing hte series. i think that is a plus. the movies jsut dont get old in my mind!

NUFF SAID!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 06:31 PM
amlap is currently offline Click here to Send amlap a Private Message Find more posts by amlap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

Oh for crying out loud, what does it matter if we call him a villian? It's a horror movie. He is the one doing the killing.

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 08:09 PM
Jason420
My dad is younger than me

exactly jason freddy and michael are villians and pinhead kills people too but i dont really like pinhead but i do like how he kills some people and i especially liked when that one chick licked his finger that got me all hot lol laughing eek!

I was born 8 and 1/2 months premature

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 09:19 PM
Jason420 is currently offline Click here to Send Jason420 a Private Message Find more posts by Jason420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've only seen hellraiser 1 2 3, are the rest any good?

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 05:06 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

Pinhead punishes, he doesn't just kill, Pinhead basically kills all these heartless greedy beings seeking pleasure or some sense of power, who to us in the real world, are bad people (basically a sort of villian), so Pinhead is doing some good in a weird sort of way, think about it.

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 06:16 AM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

if they weren't up for it they shouldn't have opened the box

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 10:39 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

SlipknoT.........4 and 5 (Bloodline and Inferno) are both better than three...........

part 6 on the other hand while being a good watch, is nothing stellar. It is basically the same as Inferno and extremely predictable.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 12:49 PM
pin-head

Worried how many movies?

How many hellraiser movies r there?? I saw the first hellraiser yeasterday at a sleepover! it was fu**ing scary...

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 10:41 PM
pin-head is currently offline Click here to Send pin-head a Private Message Find more posts by pin-head Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

There are 6 out at the moment, there is a 7th and 8th one due out but i'm not sure when.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 03:17 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Re: how many movies?

quote:
Originally posted by pin-head
How many hellraiser movies r there?? I saw the first hellraiser yeasterday at a sleepover! it was fu**ing scary...

8 total. 2 in 2004. The last one in theatres was Part 4 in 1997.

THAT SAID..sell the ****ing franchise to New Line and throw him in the mix with Freddy and Jason.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 06:15 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

The cenobites, Pinhead in particular, stand head and shoulders above Freddy Krueger or Jason Voorhies. They are cheap slashers........the theme of the Hellraiser series has much more substance.

Call Pinhead a villain if you like...........actually, he is the face of justice. He punishes the villains in the Hellraiser movies.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 01:24 PM