KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Which franchise will most likely have a sequels made within the next five years?

Which is next in line for a sequel?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Friday the 13th 4 26.67%
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 20.00%
Halloween 6 40.00%
Hellraiser 0 0%
Phantasm 1 6.67%
Wishmaster 0 0%
Leprechaun 0 0%
Puppetmaster 1 6.67%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Which franchise will most likely have a sequels made within the next five years?
Started by: Jason_Krueger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jason_Krueger
I play with dead things.

Which franchise will most likely have a sequels made within the next five years?

Besides Child's Play cuz theres already a new one in the mix

When theres no more room in hell, Jason Voorhees will walk the Earth

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 01:11 AM
Jason_Krueger is currently offline Click here to Send Jason_Krueger a Private Message Find more posts by Jason_Krueger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason_Krueger
I play with dead things.

I think it should be Phantasm because the 4th movie in this franchise left its audiences hanging.....A Nightmare on Elm St. might have one made too, prob of Freddy's murders as the Springwood Slasher.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 01:16 AM
Jason_Krueger is currently offline Click here to Send Jason_Krueger a Private Message Find more posts by Jason_Krueger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

hell raiser there are suposed to be 2 released this year. After that I think the Freddy vs. Jason franchise will see a few sequels

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 01:36 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gabri_Krueger
Restricted

Account Restricted

mee too i think fvs j will get one but for now i think its a prequel for the nightmares...

REBEL AGAINST TUESDAY KNIGHT! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PATRICIA!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 04:37 AM
Gabri_Krueger is currently offline Click here to Send Gabri_Krueger a Private Message Find more posts by Gabri_Krueger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

How about all of them? Duh.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 08:15 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PissedOffGoalie
Restricted

Account Restricted

F13 they must have 13 movies there's 11 so far

Life out there is raw but we will never stop we will never quit 'cause we are Metallica

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 08:17 PM
PissedOffGoalie is currently offline Click here to Send PissedOffGoalie a Private Message Find more posts by PissedOffGoalie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

- I see no new NOES movies being made. They're done with them. It's all about Freddy vs Jason now.

- Friday the 13th will probably produce another sequel right after the next F vs J movie to capitalize on the new found popularity.

- Halloween will probably produce another sequel in the next 5 years. After the last movie being panned by all critics and even fans......I don't see how they're going to get funding.....but somehow I bet they will. If nothing else, expect a straight to video release.

- Hellraiser.........I hope so. Deader and Hellworld are both supposed to come out this year. Hopefully after those they continue to keep making great sequels. They can go on forever as long as they don't repeat a previous movie (like Hellseeker did with Inferno, same concept). The Hellraiser series is truly original as it isn't centered around a central figure.......it is about a concept: lust, greed and the pursuit of pleasure. As long as those three things exist in this world they can keep making great sequels.

- Phantasm........doubtful. Oblivion was horrible.........they had a hard enough time getting that one funded. I can only imagine how hard it would be to get part 5 funded after the last one was hated by everybody......critics and die hard fans alike. The only saving grace for the future of the series is that Bruce Campbell did say he may star in part 5 if it ever gets made. It sure wouldn't help them with the critics but atleast the horror fanboys would be happy to see Campbell in it.

- Wishmaster........god I hope not. The first one was great.....second was ok.........third was awful......fourth was acceptable. I've completely lost interest in the series.

- Leprechaun......I didn't even think they would get Back 2 the Hood funded.

- Puppetmaster.......I'd like to see one.....but again I doubt it.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 11:44 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

yeah, the next friday is in the pipes, but then again, we've all seen how long those freakin pipes can be, with releases being sceduled for 2005 etc

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 12:19 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

there is already another halloween in the making.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 06:17 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Thank God TCM wasn't one of the choices.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 06:49 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason_Krueger
I play with dead things.

BackFire got any info on it?
Hope to hell they don't make a Jason vs Freddy sequel.....I already saw them fight in the first one and thats all I wanted 2 see, them fight once!!!!!not again and again and again.....and again for another 10 movies

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 09:40 PM
PissedOffGoalie
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well F13 can only have 13 movies so they can only have 2 FvJ seqauls. then it's Myers vs Freddy but Jason will finish Freddy off so F13 pt 13 will be the last Freddy movie

Life out there is raw but we will never stop we will never quit 'cause we are Metallica

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 11:04 PM
PissedOffGoalie is currently offline Click here to Send PissedOffGoalie a Private Message Find more posts by PissedOffGoalie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

As Bf said they're salready writing another halloween movie so thats a definate.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 12:42 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason_Krueger
I play with dead things.

got ne info on it slayer?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 12:46 AM
slayer
Horror Fan

no but i'll go check now. On halloweenmovies.com
So

The script is currently being written, i think it is being released some time next year.
Hey Korree! (Michealmyers1 i think) You'de be jealous, there was some competition where on the website where if u win u get 2 get killed by Micheal in H9. Some girl called Heather won.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 01:00 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i dont know if they got killed, i thought it was as just and "extra." anyway, Jason Krueger there is going to be a second one, the board was full of posts about it for ages till that Freddy Vs Jason poll the mods made came up. look in that,

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 10:13 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pantera
< insert random comment >

Im gonna say hellraiser.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 07:42 AM
Pantera is currently offline Click here to Send Pantera a Private Message Find more posts by Pantera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by PissedOffGoalie
F13 they must have 13 movies there's 11 so far

No, there have only been 10 friday the 13th movies made so far. Freddy vs. Jason dosent count.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 05:48 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by Jason_Krueger
BackFire got any info on it?
Hope to hell they don't make a Jason vs Freddy sequel.....I already saw them fight in the first one and thats all I wanted 2 see, them fight once!!!!!not again and again and again.....and again for another 10 movies

Yeah that would suck if they made another sequel to it.Once is enough.I sure hope they make a Jason Vs Michael movie in the future.by the way when is the next chuckie and halloween movie.I voted Halloween.They will probably make maybe 31 of them do you think? big grin Since Halloween falls on the 31st.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 06:19 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PissedOffGoalie
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by SlipknoT
No, there have only been 10 friday the 13th movies made so far. Freddy vs. Jason dosent count.

yes it does

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 07:50 PM