KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » The REAL Leatherface

The REAL Leatherface
Started by: nanfan876

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nanfan876

The REAL Leatherface

Contrary to popular belief, Leatherface is NOT Ed Geines. He is actually still alive and living in a prison around this area. I am not sure why he is here, but I know for a fact he IS. Please post your comments to this, but please nothing too negative.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 11:43 PM
nanfan876 is currently offline Click here to Send nanfan876 a Private Message Find more posts by nanfan876 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ed Geine died in 1984. And I've never heard of a real life leatherface. Leatherface is loosely based on Ed Geine. But if there is cool.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 11:49 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

speaking on this...there are MANY MANY murderers by the name of Leatherface.when my uncles friend was in jail, there was a criminal/murderer by the name of Leatherface. But i do believe the Leatherface from the Texas Chainsaw is Ed Geine

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 11:59 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

So is there really a place in Travis County? is it demolished? I really dont know what to think, the TCM story was based "loosely" on true events, and there are good explanations for it. But just to name one, Ed Gein didnt use a chainsaw.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 12:05 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

- Leatherface (Bubba Sawyer Jr.) in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was not even based loosely on Ed Gein. He is entirely a fictional character. Nothing about this character was based on any real person. Ed Gein was not over weight.....he did not weild a chainsaw......he did not chase down and kill people......he was not mentally retarded. Ed Gein was just a good ol' boy who suffered from skitzofrenia, robbed graves and killed two people.

There are many elements to the story that are based on Ed Gein. A few of such being:

A character wearing a mask made of human flesh. Robbing graves. Human remains being used as both decorative art and furniture.

- The story of TCM was not "loosely" based on true events. Not one element to the plot actually happened.

Marketing ploy people......marketing ploy.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 11:32 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omegaman

Thank goodness, evil at least someone on here knows the facts. Yes, Gein they guys that these guys think was leatherface probably only killed 2 people and he didnt run around with a chainsaw. He was a very sick and depraved, sorry excuse for a human. TCM had almost NO facts of the real case.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 02:14 PM
Omegaman is currently offline Click here to Send Omegaman a Private Message Find more posts by Omegaman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
master_ry_omega
"FREE LOVE" REVOLUTION

Leather face and the story of Texas Chainsaw Masscre are based on the crimes Ed Gein, Ed was a grave robber and he keep the corpses in his house.... Pyscho was also based on Ed.....

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 03:04 PM
master_ry_omega is currently offline Click here to Send master_ry_omega a Private Message Find more posts by master_ry_omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 05:29 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

There is no real leatherface, as others have pointed out. I've also heard rumors of "the real leatherface" being in a prison. It's simply a rumor, or a copycat killer.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 06:08 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pantera
< insert random comment >

No Im the real leatherface. smile

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 07:30 PM
Pantera is currently offline Click here to Send Pantera a Private Message Find more posts by Pantera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 04:34 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

no your the 12th one....duh

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:55 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeatherLep43

but couldn't there possibly be a fan of leatherface here in texas. and the fan goes around taking the film into life and he kills people in the town with a chainsaw? and the police never finds out who it was? it is possib;e that there is a leatherface impersonator. so watch out. som people are crazy these days.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 09:09 PM
LeatherLep43 is currently offline Click here to Send LeatherLep43 a Private Message Find more posts by LeatherLep43 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pantera
< insert random comment >

quote:
Originally posted by tabby999
no your the 12th one....duh

Sorry but the 12 is the average number of heads I saw off a day. smile

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 09:33 PM
Pantera is currently offline Click here to Send Pantera a Private Message Find more posts by Pantera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

12 a day, i'm sorry young man the bag limit in Texas is 7 a day (they had to put that in when George W. Bush was the sentaor, you know, to stop him just excecuting everyone), your gonna have to throw back the smaller ones

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 10:19 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I thought Bush was governor blink

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 11:24 PM
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

sorry, i in australia we have Sentaors as leaders of our states, you guys have Goveners

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 09:55 AM
HockeyFace

quote:
Originally posted by Omegaman
Thank goodness, evil at least someone on here knows the facts. Yes, Gein they guys that these guys think was leatherface probably only killed 2 people and he didnt run around with a chainsaw. He was a very sick and depraved, sorry excuse for a human. TCM had almost NO facts of the real case.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Gein just had mental problems. Show a little sympathy. He was crazy. I don't believe he knew or wanted to do what he did. That of curse doe snot mean I condon what he did.

Dr. Loomis: "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT DEATH IS!"

Halloween II

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 11:47 PM
HockeyFace is currently offline Click here to Send HockeyFace a Private Message Find more posts by HockeyFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HatchetMan14

Hmm...okay...WOW. well i do not know much about the real texas chainsaw massacre i do indeed though live in TX i lived in Austin or Travis County if you will. There is such a place. a house and everything still there. unlike the movie though. the house was on a hill. not a big hill just in slighter elevation. So the movie was not shot in the real house. and there are alot of different stories about the LEATHERFACE. i myself do not believe them all. the only reason i am here now is because i haft to do a research paper on this LEATHERFACE for my High School English Class. and My GOOGLE Search prung this site as one of the many. so i choose it. anyways to all who wonder there is a place and there is a story. But i can only tell you that the Place is real. but i do not know about the Story.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 01:37 AM
HatchetMan14 is currently offline Click here to Send HatchetMan14 a Private Message Find more posts by HatchetMan14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MR. PINK
God's Lonely Man

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
There is no real leatherface, as others have pointed out. I've also heard rumors of "the real leatherface" being in a prison. It's simply a rumor, or a copycat killer.

He's right, ya know? When Tobe Hooper was writing TCM, he even said He wanted to create a family full of ED GEINS. Watch TCM '74 version w/ commentary by Hooper, Gunner Hansen, and Daniel Pearle. It is just a rumor about the "real" leatherface. Despite what you might see or hear in either versions, weather the "crime scene photos" or that police film at the end or in the original with the opening, it's just made to appear real to give the film an edge of realism. This dumbass guy I know actually thoght that the crime scene photos and the police film at the end was real.

Every thing you want to know about Ed Gein is there:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_...ein/bill_1.html

Last edited by MR. PINK on Apr 19th, 2004 at 01:48 AM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 01:42 AM
MR. PINK is currently offline Click here to Send MR. PINK a Private Message Find more posts by MR. PINK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote