KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Halloween

Halloween
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Halloween

Discuss the Halloween series in this thread, please do not make any other threads about these films, they will be closed.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 11:56 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

I think its a good idea to have a single thread for each franchise, and for the record the original Halloween is one of the finest horror films of all time, sequels are a bit hit and miss.

Old Post May 1st, 2004 04:37 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Michael Myers 1
Restricted

Account Restricted

BackFire rocks for makign this big grin Halloween rules all

"They all Float, and when you die, you'll float too!"

Old Post May 1st, 2004 05:35 PM
Michael Myers 1 is currently offline Click here to Send Michael Myers 1 a Private Message Find more posts by Michael Myers 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Great movies exsept part3, any of you seen halloween6 the producer's cut? I still havint seen it, but I'm gonna buy it pretty soon now

Old Post May 1st, 2004 06:41 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

Thats difficult to get hold of here in the UK, was gonna buy it on VHS from ebay at one point. Donald Plesence's untimely death ruined the end of the movies as there was clearly a final confrontation between him and Wynn lined up that never happened, would have been interesting.

Old Post May 1st, 2004 08:59 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PissedOffGoalie
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jason can beat Michael!!!!!

Life out there is raw but we will never stop we will never quit 'cause we are Metallica

Old Post May 1st, 2004 09:38 PM
PissedOffGoalie is currently offline Click here to Send PissedOffGoalie a Private Message Find more posts by PissedOffGoalie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

Maybe so, but that would make an appaling movie so do we really care?

Old Post May 1st, 2004 10:01 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Not a fan past 2, but hey, I'm still game for discussion.

Old Post May 1st, 2004 10:34 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

They're all pretty good. Number 1 and 2 are the best though.

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 02:55 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like Halloween but after two, the series went to hell

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 04:47 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Michael Myers 1
Restricted

Account Restricted

yea but i still wanna see 9

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 09:47 PM
Michael Myers 1 is currently offline Click here to Send Michael Myers 1 a Private Message Find more posts by Michael Myers 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Michael Myers 1
Restricted

Account Restricted

check out this cool halloween song its sweet http://www.fronder.com/stream.php?m...amp;song_id=243

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 09:50 PM
Deano

cool song........halloween 3,5,8 were a mistake and 9 will also be a disgrace...busta rhymes is returning eek!

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 11:03 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Michael Myers 1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nooooooooo

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 12:52 AM
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Of course Jason could bet Micheal, Jason has a machete, and what does Micheal have? a small kitchen knife.

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 06:03 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Michael Myers 1
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol jasons a dumbass u must have smarts

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 06:52 PM
HockeyFace

How can anyone say the Halloween 1,2,4,5, and 6 are bad? Three Words: Hail Donald Pleasence! The guy is great!

Dr. Loomis: "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT DEATH IS!"

Halloween II

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 11:58 PM
HockeyFace is currently offline Click here to Send HockeyFace a Private Message Find more posts by HockeyFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

why do all the jason fans act like idiots? serious questions...they just jump in a Mike Myers thread and say how the Giant Dumbass is better than the Smaller Dumbass. Cmon people this thread is for discussion of the movies. and the Halloween series OWNED the Friday 13 movies.

After part 3 the movie failed. I dunno y people hate part 3, cuz it ruined the series? i thought it was a good movie on its own. they should have changed the title.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post May 4th, 2004 12:26 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HockeyFace

Halloween 3, as I have said before, has many notable flaws and high spots. For instance, while the movie was a breath of fresh air it for some reason felt it had to create useless characters (the bum that says it gonna be the last Halloween and the death from laser lady). Also explain to me how the hel Cochran is gonna take over the world? has this idiot never heard of the poor people?

Dr. Loomis: "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT DEATH IS!"

Halloween II

Old Post May 4th, 2004 01:48 AM
HockeyFace is currently offline Click here to Send HockeyFace a Private Message Find more posts by HockeyFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by HockeyFace
How can anyone say the Halloween 1,2,4,5, and 6 are bad? Three Words: Hail Donald Pleasence! The guy is great!

Personal preference and opinion, most likely.

"Nightmare" has both franchises numbers, since "Halloween" and "Friday" have track records for monotony, Freddy kept things interesting, and fresh. Having a non-mute lead character usually makes it a little more fun to watch as well.

The problem with "Halloween" is that on top of being a boring main character, Myers is indestructible. His gimmick is killing family members, and for the love of money, that schtick was abandoned, and they are making trend films, i.e. internet reality shows?

As for "Friday", same thing. Their gimmick is so tired, and the franchise is so long overdue to be put down, that even the gimmicks where they break stride i.e. 5 + 9, are crap as well. "Jason X" was even worse than "Hellraiser: Bloodline", and it threw a wrench in the continuity machine.

And "Hellraiser", while it is easily my favorite of the big franchises, it's a dog that should have been put down after 3. Pinhead, fantasic character, but you can only speak so elequently about torture before it gets way too stale and monotonous. Peoples souls get ravaged, their flesh explored, fantastic. "Hell on Earth" was where it started to slip, and where it should have ended. Great storyline to bring Hell to Earth, but after he had his little reign, that should have been it. But no. They recycled the same storyline for 6 more movies, all of basically the same premise. Who asks for these movies in the first place? What made Hellraiser, and all these franchises unique and exciting, died out after the first few installments.

"Nightmare" isn't w/o it's faults either, of course. Freddy after a while was able to live outside of the dream world, as well as become invincible even outside of dreams. After milking the whole "Dream" trilogy gimmick, there was "The Final Nightmare", much like "The Final Friday". Atleast "Halloween" wasn't dumb enough to say that they had plans to end their franchise w/ suggestive billing, although they should.

I mentioned before, all 3 are past their prime, and have failed when they try to reinvent themselves. We've got to learn to let go.

Old Post May 4th, 2004 01:56 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote