KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Please list your "Gateway" Horror movie here

Please list your "Gateway" Horror movie here
Started by: Zilverz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zilverz

Please list your "Gateway" Horror movie here

I was just reading another thread and Backfire mentioned some young horror fans using the movie Scream as there gateway movie into the horror genre. I thought it would be cool to hear what movie squeezed the chittttt out of your interest and dragged you into horror. Do not neccisarily site a movie that scared you as a kid, but one that really made you a fan of horror and started your collection

Night of the living Dead (1990) color remake

I was 13 when this movie came out. I thought the zombies all looked really cool. The characters were strong and really developed individual personalities. The movie had this hopeless feel with an infinate zombie horde just beating down the house.

And so it began...

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 08:37 AM
Zilverz is currently offline Click here to Send Zilverz a Private Message Find more posts by Zilverz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I would have to say Hellraiser. I was eleven, saw it at the theater.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 11:29 AM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dario Argento
Master of Horror

The Shining. I was 10 years when I saw it the first time.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 12:54 PM
Dario Argento is currently offline Click here to Send Dario Argento a Private Message Find more posts by Dario Argento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Jaws! I was only 4 or 5 years old when I first saw it, and I loved it, I remember asking my dad too go and rent a few movies were I could see blood and death, he acturly did it, remember he brought back The Fog,Critters,Jaws2, hehe and The Birds and Psycho, and that was a time when there would acturly be a good horror movie on the tv everyonce in a while now they just show shit, Dario you remember TV3 in the early 90'ins don't you? it was a good channel back then

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 01:46 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
midnightshadow
death before dishonor

for me it was a film called Slugs, (based on the book by Shaun Hutson of the same name) i remember watchin it as akid and thought it was ace! but i cant find it anywhere... no

[B]in the real world as in dreams
nothing is quite what it seems![B]

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 01:54 PM
midnightshadow is currently offline Click here to Send midnightshadow a Private Message Find more posts by midnightshadow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackdragoon
Horror master

for me would be IT

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 11:55 AM
blackdragoon is currently offline Click here to Send blackdragoon a Private Message Find more posts by blackdragoon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

beats me.....I've been watching them since I was extremely young. It would probably have to be Jaws, the Omen, Amityville Horror or Alice, Sweet Alice.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 01:30 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

childs play and physco

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 06:36 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I've loved horror movies my whole life...but I guess the one that really got me into them was TCM. Also The Shining played a big part.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 06:44 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

This may sound a little lame but i started wen i was about 10 And i rented"I Know What Yu Did Last Summer" and was into teen tthrillers like "Urban Legend" then i began lookin' for the scariest movies of all time on the Net and upon the List where movies like Nightmare On Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw MAssacre, Friday The 13th, Carrie, The Shining etc.

So i decided to check out a few.

I completely adored these movies and quickly turned form crappy ten horor to the classics.

KMC has played a big part in my interest of horror movies.

Thx Guys!!

I completely adored these

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 02:00 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was probably Aliens or Friday the 13th that got me into horror movies. I saw them both when I was about 5.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 02:13 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

quote:
Originally posted by midnightshadow
for me it was a film called Slugs, (based on the book by Shaun Hutson of the same name) i remember watchin it as akid and thought it was ace! but i cant find it anywhere... no

lol i remember seeing that film on the sci fi channel...it scared me

the movie that really got me onto horror films was nightmare on elm street 3

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 03:05 AM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DaneBramage
Carnage_Connoisseur

2000 Maniacs at the Drive-In. All that red paint!!! I was three years old. I couldn't sleep for weeks : ) You peeps are a bunch of younguns.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 03:20 AM
DaneBramage is currently offline Click here to Send DaneBramage a Private Message Find more posts by DaneBramage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

There was alot of films, so I'm not sure. wink

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 03:22 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Nightmare 1

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 07:24 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Nightmare on Elm street 2

and Scream kind of got me interested again, with all the mythology and rules and history, and reminded me that I love horror films, also because there had been no good horror films for so long until Scream came along and breathed new life and new respect into the genre

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 10:27 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

prolly TCM (the 70's version). i used to think "what a load of horse shit" when looking at Jason and Freddy movies that had like 8 sequals, but now i love them...except freddy, i dont like any after #2

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 11:10 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I've been watching horror movies since I was a kid but never got into them until I saw the first ANOES.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 11:12 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Nightmare 1

If I "HAD" to pick I would probably also say A Nightmare On Elm Street.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 02:52 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dazzler619

quote:
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
There was alot of films, so I'm not sure. wink

same here

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 03:48 AM
Dazzler619 is currently offline Click here to Send Dazzler619 a Private Message Find more posts by Dazzler619 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote