KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Some awesome DVD pickups...

Some awesome DVD pickups...
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Some awesome DVD pickups...

Well, last week I had the good fortune of going to the San Diego Comic Convention with a few of my buddies. I don't read comics, but my friends told me I would like it for the movie stuff.

Well, my first day there I saw this booth with a bunch of movies. The first movie that caught my eye was Eraserhead. I was like "wow, that's a rare movie to see on DVD, maybe they have others." So I dug through them and to surprise I saw a Cannibal Holocaust DVD. I nearly shit myself, but managed to hold it in untill later. I then noticed a sign that says "each movie - $20, or 3 for $50". So I started digging through more of them searching for more titles. I had one particular movie in mind htat I was keeping my eye out for - Salo.

The next film that caught my attention was Shaun of the Dead. I have heard great things about that flick, and it looked cool from the trailer I had seen on the net, so I grabbed it. Just one more.

I continued digging through all the films. I was starting to realize that Salo probably would be a tough find, as it's one of the most rare dvd's out there. I continued digging..

Then, there it was, Salo. I swear I nearly shit myself again. I grabbed it up with a huge smile, bought it and ran off to the bathroom to masterbate.

Well, that's my story. Oh by the way, Shaun of the Dead is an awesome ****ing movie.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 04:51 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

- jealous -

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 05:31 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wish I could have gone

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 08:12 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

bastard..........................please dont ban me wink

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 10:00 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crackerman

Have you watched Salo yet? What did you think? I borrowed it last year off a friend and still haven't managed to watch it all. It's one film that no matter how much I want to I can't sit down and watch it all.

That reminds me, I must give it back!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 01:17 PM
crackerman is currently offline Click here to Send crackerman a Private Message Find more posts by crackerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah, Salo was the first one I watched when I got home. It's a very disgusting and disturbing film, but it's very interesting, definately worth a viewing.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 06:13 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

You guys must be deprived over in the states, you can buy Salo on DVD in HMV in the UK and Cannibal Holocaust can be found at most markets. As for Sean of the Dead, I saw it on the cinema when it came out but we haven't got the DVD yet.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 07:48 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dario Argento
Master of Horror

you shouldn't masterbate in the bathroom... you should do it to Salo. wink

Is it the Criterion release?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 08:13 PM
Dario Argento is currently offline Click here to Send Dario Argento a Private Message Find more posts by Dario Argento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah it is

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 08:25 PM
jinXed by JaNx

God damn dude you should play the lottery. the horror Gods have blessed you. I am just glad a fan stumbled across this blessing instead of someone who cant fully appreciate those movies. Man i paid 39$ for the criterion Salo uncut version off of amazon,and i diddnt even know Eraserhead was put on Dvd, i am completely jealous...you bastard

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 09:42 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

Im not 100% sure but I think Eraserhead got a general release on DVD over here.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 09:47 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I didn't buy Eraserhead, it was there though.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 10:09 PM
crackerman

Zombieman
Eraserhead is on general release over here, you can get it on play.com for STG£6.99. That's where my friend got Salo, it's £14.99 and I think Cannibal Holocaust is also £14.99. It's a good website when you are looking for a film that you know has been released but you can't find it anywhere.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 10:21 PM
crackerman is currently offline Click here to Send crackerman a Private Message Find more posts by crackerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dario Argento
Master of Horror

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
I didn't buy Eraserhead, it was there though.

You didn't buy Eraserhead? Why not?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 10:59 PM
Dario Argento is currently offline Click here to Send Dario Argento a Private Message Find more posts by Dario Argento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I dunno, too expensive. Didn't have enough money for 4 movies.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 11:08 PM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

I found Salo on ebay for $10.00 didnt buy it tho confused

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 12:58 AM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

is shaun of the dead worth a purchase?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 01:12 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I don't trust ebay, never have, never will. I'd much rather pay 10 dollars more and know for a FACT that I'm actually getting the movie with a case and everything.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 01:12 AM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
is shaun of the dead worth a purchase?

Not out on DVD for another week - and thats only in the UK...

But when you poor americans get the chance, hell yeah - Sean OTD kicks mighty ass. Here is how to tell if you will like the movie.

One of the special features on the UK DVD is an audio commentary track by the zombies.

Did you laugh? If so - see this film.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 02:14 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

sounds like me

Ebay isnt that bad, when you actually get what you paid for, plus it is a hassle to keep bidding. Amazon is decent though,they will have those rare finds every ounce in a while

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 02:48 AM