KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » The Amityville Horror

The Amityville Horror
Started by: Napalm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

The Amityville Horror

I just saw that movie a few days ago and it rocked! Tho it seemed like the grudge riped it off.

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 05:18 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

the first 2 r good all the others r utter poo. Its based on a true story, there also remaking it more to the story

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 05:30 PM
thegreatrudini is currently offline Click here to Send thegreatrudini a Private Message Find more posts by thegreatrudini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

The first one shouldn't even be considered Horror. It's a haunted house. Oh no. Please, house, don't make me scream like a girl. I'm James Brolin, and I have a reputation to uphold!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 05:32 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zilverz

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
The first one shouldn't even be considered Horror. It's a haunted house. Oh no. Please, house, don't make me scream like a girl. I'm James Brolin, and I have a reputation to uphold!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

haha funny .. but the movie gave me the chillz haha not bad for an old movie

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 05:39 PM
Zilverz is currently offline Click here to Send Zilverz a Private Message Find more posts by Zilverz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

lmao

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 07:20 PM
thegreatrudini is currently offline Click here to Send thegreatrudini a Private Message Find more posts by thegreatrudini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Are you serious its based on a true story? If so I love to know more.

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 07:21 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

The Amityville Horror > C-dic.

Great movies (first two)...........the first is one of the best ghost stories put to film (which is a horror genre)........

If I really cared enough I would debate you on the whole "based on a true story" angle used to promote the book and movie. The Lutz family is the only family that has reported anything of the kind going on inside that house. I believe it's something like 7 families that have lived in that house since the Lutz family........all have said it's A-OK and ghost free. The only corroborating evidence (if you can call it that) that the Lutz have is that the priest, as depicted in the film, still swears to this day that he heard a deep voice telling him to "get out" while alone inside an upstairs room. While I don't believe in the priest's religion........I do acknowledge that he certainly does and would not make up such a claim simply to sell a book for someone else and accept him as a man of his word. This however does not discount the possibility that this priest has an overactive imagination or mental disorder.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 10:24 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

quote:

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah, the film's very clunky...it's initial sequel [and discounting the other fanboy drivel] more than delivers the goods. AMITYVILLE II: THE POSSESSION is vastly underrated IMO.

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 02:30 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

It's just my personal opinion, but like "The Exorcist", I feel that it's over-rated. Of course, everyone will whip out the old "classic" cliche, but I say **** 'em. Classic is subjective, and I think Amityville was one of those "Horror" movies that don't exactly stand the test of time.

...only thing that scared me was Mr. Brolin's afro.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Nov 6th, 2004 at 03:14 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 03:11 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

The Exorcist isnt overated, but i think amityville is. The movie was tedious with no pay off.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 04:08 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zilverz

quote:
Of course, everyone will whip out the old "classic" cliche, but I say **** 'em. Classic is subjective, and I think Amityville was one of those "Horror" movies that don't exactly stand the test of time.

To you maybe that is true. But i watch this movie for the first time this summer and i got chills and was frightened. I am one that supernatural ghost movies makes my hairs standup ... you may just not get aroused by ghosts. But despite its age.. it was effective

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 08:32 PM
Zilverz is currently offline Click here to Send Zilverz a Private Message Find more posts by Zilverz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

Very effective and haunting.

A true Classic.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 10:00 PM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

Snake:
Go Too:
prairieghosts.com/amityville.html
History & Hauntings of America

If u want anything else jst ask.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 10:11 PM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

Amityville

They sure did a good job portaing the house.

Attachment: amityville1.jpg
This has been downloaded 56 time(s).

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 10:12 PM
slayer
Horror Fan

George And Kathy

Heres a pic of the real Georce and Kathy.

Attachment: amityville4.jpg
This has been downloaded 55 time(s).

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 10:13 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Zilverz
You may just not get aroused by ghosts.

That's ****ing classic... laughing

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 03:06 AM
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

The entity is another good ghost 1 an oldie tho

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 09:54 PM
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

quote:
Originally posted by slayer
Snake:
Go Too:
prairieghosts.com/amityville.html
History & Hauntings of America

If u want anything else jst ask.

great site man! smile

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 09:12 PM
saverain

I think out of all the horror movies I've seen a part in that one scared me the most. The part where they are showing him killing his family in like a dream or something. Man that scared the hell out of me but the rest of the movie was alright.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2004 08:55 AM
saverain is currently offline Click here to Send saverain a Private Message Find more posts by saverain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

after all the hype i think it is overrated slightly...its a good movie but not great

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2004 04:10 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote