KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » SALO: 120 days of sodom

SALO: 120 days of sodom
Started by: thegreatrudini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

SALO: 120 days of sodom

Have any of u guys and gals seen this film?

A friend of mine kept going on about it for ages so i decided to add it to my collection I can safely say this is the only film that has ever disturbed me its seriously fooked up, Very brutal. The director was killed shortly after the release goes to show it upset a few peeps. It was banned still is in some contrys.

Whats ur veiws?

(sorry about my shit spelling lol)

Last edited by thegreatrudini on Nov 23rd, 2004 at 08:27 PM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 08:23 PM
thegreatrudini is currently offline Click here to Send thegreatrudini a Private Message Find more posts by thegreatrudini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doesn't look very promising.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 07:11 AM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matts07

The director was killed by a male prostitue. It's based on the marquis de sade isn't it? It looks really good, I want too see it.

rock on

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 03:23 PM
Matts07 is currently offline Click here to Send Matts07 a Private Message Find more posts by Matts07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have rented it to see what all the fuss is about, but to me it's only watchable once and to hear Ennio Morricones score, wouldn't want it in my collection collecting dust.

Yes, based on Marquis De Sade's book.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 04:36 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

i bet i never watch it again lol

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 07:18 PM
thegreatrudini is currently offline Click here to Send thegreatrudini a Private Message Find more posts by thegreatrudini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

it looks to weird

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 02:17 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

oh its very weird

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 07:45 PM
The Redeemer

Re: SALO: 120 days of sodom

quote:
Originally posted by thegreatrudini
Have any of u guys and gals seen this film?

A friend of mine kept going on about it for ages so i decided to add it to my collection I can safely say this is the only film that has ever disturbed me its seriously fooked up, Very brutal. The director was killed shortly after the release goes to show it upset a few peeps. It was banned still is in some contrys.

Whats ur veiws?

(sorry about my shit spelling lol)

No need to apologise about your *SHIT spelling* mate...there was a scene in the film when someone actually ate it!!! laughing out loud

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 08:22 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

theres 2 scenes lol the girl eating it and then all of em eating it at the shit feast lol

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 10:04 PM
The Redeemer

quote:
Originally posted by thegreatrudini
theres 2 scenes lol the girl eating it and then all of em eating it at the shit feast lol

And all made up from the finest Swiss chocolate and orange peel IIRC...

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 11:07 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

thats right lol

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 05:00 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It's a disgusting film, probably the most disturbing of all time.

But it's great, very original and captivating.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 08:54 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Surgent
KMC's #1 Fake Mod

I have it on DVD, but I haven't watched it yet.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 02:50 AM
Darth Surgent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Surgent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Surgent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

watch it!!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 12:20 PM
The Redeemer

Don't tell me everyone here's still talkin' shit?!?!?! eek! laughing

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 02:59 PM
The Redeemer

Actually, CRAP aside, SALO's an unpleasant film and not the sort that one would make a main stay of repetitive viewings. Passolini had some weirdly warped world views IMO and, even in his more widely known and *lighter* films such as THE DECARAMON and ARABIAN NIGHTS, always portrayed humanity with little more than disgust...

'Tis no wonder he died the way he did.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 03:09 PM
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

loll very true, but like its said on the dvd Passolini changed nothing from the story apart from where its set and the time its set in. The original story its based on is called 120 days of sodom which kinda says it its self sodom means sodomy or buggery or for u realy stupid peeps poopie sex lol u do the math. So its kinda obvious it was gonna b fooked up what ever he did to it. And like u said it sure as hell aint 1 for repeat viewing.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 09:08 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Well, I finally saw it. Can't say this is the sickest and most disgusting film ever. That title still belongs to Pink Flamingos. The excrement eating scenes were offensive but not the real thing. Actually the dinner serving scene was rather yucky than disguting.

Is it the more cruel film ever made? No, I still think that Schrindlers list and Men Behind the Sun will hold that title for quite awhile. However, the final torture scenes are quite well done.

Salo is good film. But don't watch it expecting to be offended. If you do you really aren't going to get the story. Which is really a story of human cruelty and abuse of power. These old farts abuse the youth in the film. The performances were very good. The nude scenes were the youths are behaving like dogs was quite interesting. In a sense the film depicts the old folks as masters. Whereas the youth are like pets. But the masters don't love their pets. This was heavily notice when the guy put the glass in the food. Makes you think...why would you do that to something you love? but of course there is no love. Only lust and cruelty.

If I had to rate the film....it gets a 4 out of 5.

Abusive character behavior and disturbing Fetish film. Still a classic IMO.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2007 02:17 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

It's okay, a tad overrated. Happiness is still the most uncomfortable watch, for me.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2007 08:08 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

can i come across this at a local movie store or would i have to order it?

bc i was reading about it a while back but decided i didnt want to waste time trying to find it

Old Post Jan 16th, 2007 08:13 PM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote